oneBoro Forum

Karanka staying!

If Karanka has left the club then you have to question the character of the man.

Would not necessarily agree with that comment.

Sometimes pride does get in the way especially if you are a rigid person and believe that only your ways are the correct ways and not open to suggestion.

That being the case sometimes it is best to simply accept that and if it is not working then walk away and start again.

Incidentally I think it has got to that point, there is no way back :shy:

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

He didn't sanction some of the signings, apparently which has led to a rift. You can't question his character over that issue. It's something that you yourself, Rioch were saying would be a low and unforgivable thing for the chairman to do only days ago.

The problem is, some of the players will be pro Karanka and some anti, so even if he goes leave, there will be rifts.

I'll be especially worried if we lose his back room staff too.

He didn't sanction some of the signings, apparently which has led to a rift. You can't question his character over that issue. It's something that you yourself, Rioch were saying would be a low and unforgivable thing for the chairman to do only days ago.

The problem is, some of the players will be pro Karanka and some anti, so even if he goes leave, there will be rifts.

I'll be especially worried if we lose his back room staff too.

He's walked out after a bust on the training ground with the players not the chairman, so you can question his character, when your a manager you manage, not walk when it gets heated.

Does he walk at the next club if players question his managerial style.

I still refuse to believe that Ayala is on strike. Unless AK has insulted him personally for not being fit or holding back because of pain. It will certainly my be interesting to see who we get.

This is the one problem you have with appointing foreign managers - there are always gonna be culture clashes and different ways of managing situations when things go wrong.

The Championship is a lot more aggressive and intensive than the Premier League - which thanks to all the money, is pretty much a very continental league in its make-up.

Hull, Brighton and Burnley all have experienced English managers at the helm who understand this division and know how to get out of it.

Let's be honest, right now I don't think coaching is the heart of the issue here. The players know the system - this comes down to a matter of man managing players over the final burst of the season. The above three, may not be the most tactically aware managers out there but there is a good reason as to why they are successful at this level. They know how to push their players up to and beyond the 46 game mark.

Don't know if this is true ..buy thought I'd post

Darren Paul Allinson ‏@DarrenAllinson  22m22 minutes ago

@BlainAllinson96 a fellas I work with has just phoned me to say his son is at Rockcliffe and asked if Karanka has gone. He was told...

@BlainAllinson96 ...yeah he's gone and there is a board meeting happening now & Pearson has been contacted

Need to get a few things off my chest. If it comes true that a small group of players or an individual have lead a revolt, I cant bring myself to support that. Player power disgusts me and any group of players that perform poorly because they dont like the manager can go and close the door behind them. Ive worked for managers I dont like and that he never stopped me being my best.

I was banking on us going up by beating Hull, Brighton and Burnley but I honestly cant see us winning those particular games any other way but the Karanka way, tight at the back. Whatever happens I dont see this as a boost for the club, an opportunity to turn things around or "for the best".

All I want is for the Boro to go up but I will not support players who behave this way, I cant, Im a stubborn and unforgiving man who has held grudges longer than I can remember (not my best quality by any means, for example, Im good at Math).

The one thing that felt different this season (and last) compared to previous championship years is I felt an emotional connection to the players and the staff again. We all felt like one, pulling together in one direction. And I wont point fingers, but something has changed because we've gone from having "the best dressing room anyone has played in" to this and all I can think is we've signed a few high profile players.

To be fair to karanka. He has obviously known the Ayala situation for a while, he has been vague and the media wouldn't let the Ayala issue drop. If it's the truth then what's the problem? If the truth hurts Ayala he needs to take a look at himself not get boys together to have a go

just want to say soemthing on fans pointing the finger at Downing.

He is a local lad and an actual supporter. Karanka is Spaniard with absolutely no commitment to the club like we all thought. AK walking proves it.

the players are not to blame at all especially not the local lad who loves the club.

ask the question of who will be affected the most by our failure to be promoted this season AK or the players?

the answer is the players. they are the ones that would suffer the most. the players want promotion more the karanka he is just extending his successful career at top clubs. most of our player have never played top flight football. they will absolutely be trying their hardest to get promotion. make no mistake about that.

now as for downing, he has played under some pretty decent managers, big sam, rogers, dalglish, smac, sven, hodgson. if he thought the manager was going about things the wrong way with squad rotation, player management etc. he is probably in a position due to his experience to have an opinion on it and the confidence to know what hes talking about.

i just think we cant blame players for everything. i personally think AK has been putting to much distance from himself and the players and ended up losing them.

Have you seen us play this season, if so does downings performances show that he is committed to the club? Because to me he is playing like he is here for one last payday. His performances have been absolutely shocking all season, he has done nothing at all and its like playing with ten men the vast majority of the games he plays

Need to get a few things off my chest. If it comes true that a small group of players or an individual have lead a revolt, I cant bring myself to support that. Player power disgusts me and any group of players that perform poorly because they dont like the manager can go and close the door behind them. Ive worked for managers I dont like and that he never stopped me being my best. For me this situation is a sign of players sacrificing the good of the team for some personal wants and thats not acceptable.

I was banking on us going up by beating Hull, Brighton and Burnley but I honestly cant see us winning those games any other way but the Karanka way. Whatever happens I dont see this as a boost for the club, an opportunity to turn things around or "for the best".

All I want is for the Boro to go up but I will not support players who behave this way, I cant, Im a stubborn and unforgiving man who has held grudges longer than I can remember (not my best quality by any means, for example, Im good at Math).

The one thing that felt different this season (and last) compared to previous championship years is I felt an emotional connection to the players and the staff again. We all felt like one, pulling together in one direction. And I wont point fingers, but something has changed because we've gone from having "the best dressing room anyone has played in" to this and all I can think is we've signed a few high profile players.

Are you me under a different user name?

100% this

Need to get a few things off my chest. If it comes true that a small group of players or an individual have lead a revolt, I cant bring myself to support that. Player power disgusts me and any group of players that perform poorly because they dont like the manager can go and close the door behind them. Ive worked for managers I dont like and that he never stopped me being my best. For me this situation is a sign of players sacrificing the good of the team for some personal wants and thats not acceptable.

I was banking on us going up by beating Hull, Brighton and Burnley but I honestly cant see us winning those games any other way but the Karanka way. Whatever happens I dont see this as a boost for the club, an opportunity to turn things around or "for the best".

This, feel the same

48x48https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/659502631048650752/q3jq8_17_bigger.jpg[/img]Hannah O'Neill@han_oneill1

@carbokib thank you, he can't wait to play, he loves this club & wants to get it promoted 33x33https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f4aa.png[/img] he's trying to get fit as quickly as he can 32x33https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f3c3.png[/img]

Don't know if this has already been posted but this is what Ayala's Fiance had to say when someone questioned whether he didn't want to play for Boro again.

This, feel the same

100%.