oneBoro Forum

Karanka staying!

just want to say soemthing on fans pointing the finger at Downing.

He is a local lad and an actual supporter. Karanka is Spaniard with absolutely no commitment to the club like we all thought. AK walking proves it.

the players are not to blame at all especially not the local lad who loves the club.

ask the question of who will be affected the most by our failure to be promoted this season AK or the players?

the answer is the players. they are the ones that would suffer the most. the players want promotion more the karanka he is just extending his successful career at top clubs. most of our player have never played top flight football. they will absolutely be trying their hardest to get promotion. make no mistake about that.

now as for downing, he has played under some pretty decent managers, big sam, rogers, dalglish, smac, sven, hodgson. if he thought the manager was going about things the wrong way with squad rotation, player management etc. he is probably in a position due to his experience to have an opinion on it and the confidence to know what hes talking about.

i just think we cant blame players for everything. i personally think AK has been putting to much distance from himself and the players and ended up losing them.

Have you seen us play this season, if so does downings performances show that he is committed to the club? Because to me he is playing like he is here for one last payday. His performances have been absolutely shocking all season, he has done nothing at all and its like playing with ten men the vast majority of the games he plays

downing has been far from as bad as your suggesting. okay he's not set the world alight and has been getting worse as the season has progressed. i put that down to the tough league and high amount of games. 

your suggesting 

1/downing has been a unhappy player under AK so has not given his best? 

2/or are you suggesting he is not happy with AK so he does not try his best?

its quite a common thing for players to flourish under some managers and flop under others. downing is a confidence player big sam said  he needed to believe in himslef more, which suggests to me he one of those players that needs a big arm round him. everything AK isnt basically.

i believe there was/is a problem with them but i think it is suggestion 1. I have no problem with that at all, it happens. i'm gutted its happened mind because we've needed stewy firing us to promotion not moping about with his confidence on the floor.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

That Daily Mail link - saying Karanka turned up to training today to smooth it over and wasn't allowed in :( :( :( :(

The headline says that but I couldn't find anything in the article that backs it up.

Its the Daily Fail, what did you expect? :D

At this stage, even without knowing all the facts, I want AK gone.

There's no doubt he's revolutionised our club. We've made huge strides on the right direction. He play effective football. And regardless of a little bit of iffy form, we're in a great position. Exiting season, regardless of some of the moaners on here.

However, on the flip side, he couldn't get on with Higgy, bust up with Adomah, always blames the work ethic of the players which I don't think is fair and rightly winds up players if often not true, he's said some strange things about Ayala, the comments after trying 4-4-2 were pathetic and he's stormed out again with this saga. He's obviously unstable and his fiery attitude isn't always used in the right way. Add to that the question marks about his man management skills, his at times excessive rotation policy, the strange decision to drop Rhodes so often and some weird selections - it's time to go.

This isn't ideal. But fact of the matter is that we have a lot of quality players for all positions (we should be seeing Adomah, Ramirez, Downing and Rhodes more often in my opinion) and we're still in a good position. But the relationship between so many sectors of our club has seemingly now soured, it leads to the need for change. My opinion for this is purely based on the fact that this may all now be beyond repair, and keeping him might do more damage then good. That's not to downplay what he's achieved here. But we need to get the best out of our best players, regardless of their involvement in all of this.

Now we need someone else (even just Agnew would be fine) to steady the ship through to the end of the season, play much the same way but start the right players. After that regardless of where we finish that is the time to find a permanent manager, someone ideally with PL experience (if we are in the PL) who is ready to make the relevant changes to the squad/style that could see us stay in that division. We still have far more then enough to get the job done. But it probably has to be without AK after all this. And it might even be for the best now.

Farewell AK. You're a legend. But you just needed to start your best players more often in their natural positions and to handle the pressure a little better. I'd love it if he stayed and it all worked out, but I don't see how that is feasible any more.

Just imagine if you are Rhodes, Ramirez, De Saart  etc, and you have just signed contracts with the club and now all this is going on, what on earth must be going through your head.

I couldn't give two ***s about the players right now. If player power has led to this like it did at Chelsea then I'm sorry, but that's *** disgusting.

I agree with you, but the new signings would hardly be in a position to instigate this sort of thing, or are you having a go at players in general?

Just imagine if you are Rhodes, Ramirez, De Saart  etc, and you have just signed contracts with the club and now all this is going on, what on earth must be going through your head.

I couldn't give two ***s about the players right now. If player power has led to this like it did at Chelsea then I'm sorry, but that's *** disgusting.

I agree with you, but the new signings would hardly be in a position to instigate this sort of thing, or are you having a go at players in general?

Oh I'm not insinuating at all that the new arrivals have had anything to do with this (apart from possibly their arrivals upsetting the harmony of the team) but player power has no place in football.

i think modern footballers and people in general need to be less precious these days. Yes Karanka is by all accounts a fiery person who is certainly not afraid of getting his point across but his methods have produced a successful side.

Do we want a manager who is a lovely person and nice to everyone but doesn't produce a good team?(e.g. southgate)

The story has just been reported on BBC TV (Just before 3pm).

Boro journo on there said that the players hadn't been happy with being accused of not trying and so on. Also that apparently Karanka can be quite pedantic, and a bit ***ly to work with. (Their words, not mine).

Supposedly during a player meeting yesterday Karanka asked for a show of hands (or something similar) to see who was behind him... and he was underwhelmed by the response he got. (Not much). That's when he stormed out.

If the above account is true.... then it doesn't seem as damning on the players really??

Anyway, I just thought I'd share it.

Cheers.

i think modern footballers and people in general need to be less precious these days. Yes Karanka is by all accounts a fiery person who is certainly not afraid of getting his point across but his methods have produced a successful side.

Do we want a manager who is a lovely person and nice to everyone but doesn't produce a good team?(e.g. southgate)

It doesn't matter to the players they still get paid either way...

You all should take a long hard look at yourselves. Hypocrites most of you.

What are your thoughts on the situation?

We should accept the manager and his decisions (we don't unfortunately), i personally cannot condone players who do not conform to whatever role they are given in or out of the squad. Most on here are knowledgeable but far from perfect and if they go back over their own comments, reactions etc over a course of time they would understand. Karanka is good man i believe and he deserves to be talked about better, just like McLaren who brought our club its best memories in the end people trashed him.

I could write and write but in all i think people are undeserving.

Would be nice for some players to come out and say they stand by the manager no matter what and praise the job he is doing/has done.

Club have likely issued a warning to players speaking out about it though