oneBoro Forum

Karanka staying!

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aitor-karankas-man-management-him-11030445#ICID-FB-Gaz-boro

interesting read maddo thinks quite a few players where unhappy with him

That just made me want to hold Maddo's head under the water until the bubbles stopped.

Until the last little bubble goes...blup....blup

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

The expression we win or lose AS A TEAM is very apt because at this time it appears as if we are NOT a team!

It is one of the saddest days in Boro's history that I can recall, never did I think something like this would happen and especially the timing of it all.

Sadly the damage has been done and we must move on and support the 11 players on the pitch

Personally, regardless of what happens with Karanka, I hope that Gibson weeds out the players who aren't up for it and tells them they're not playing for the club again. In no other employment can you not perform and not have any consequences. Only in football can you decide okay I don't like the manager so I'll just do nothing for my 30k a week salary until he leaves.

I think Karanka is likely to be his own worst enemy in this because he strikes me as the kind of person who can't understand when a player isn't 100% committed. His weakness in my opinion is his ability to relate to those who need help getting to that place. He's been a bit too open and honest with his opinion of late and clearly some of our players can't handle the truth. He's said nothing our own fans haven't been saying though.

That doesn't excuse some of the half hearted performanced we've seen from players at times and I think we're losing the best manager we could possibly get. There's a whole host of managers out there looking for a job who I'd want nowhere near this club and I can't think of one manager who is available who I'd actually want.

One thing is for sure, I'll support the Boro, but I don't feel much like supporting players who've led a revolt like this. Yet to hear the real truth of what's gone on, but all I see is players on the bench who haven't performed.

A really sad time for MFC - I hope the players are happy with themselves.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aitor-karankas-man-management-him-11030445#ICID-FB-Gaz-boro

That just made me want to hold Maddo's head under the water until the bubbles stopped.

Maddo is a total fool.

Blup...blup.

Maybe, I hope so, that a cooling off period has been imposed on all parties to reflect on their actions, in order to get back on track. Didn't AK make it up with both Adomah and Caryol after spats

He is obviously outspoken, harsh possibly, but history does not display him as intransiemt.

Maddo is a total fool.

Not seeing where he's said anything wrong in that article really, and I'm not his biggest fan myself.

Maybe, I hope so, that a cooling off period has been imposed on all parties to reflect on their actions, in order to get back on track. Didn't AK make it up with both Adomah and Caryol after spats

He is obviously outspoken, harsh possibly, but history does not display him as intransiemt.

Must say as an AK fan that I can't see how you can wipe this under the carpet as if nothings happened .... reluctantly and with regret there can only be one outcome ... thank you AK

This won't happen but, regardless of the result, I think it would be fitting if tomorrow's post match response to the players was utter silence. No cheers, no jeers, just silence. I feel that would give the players something to think about.

Must say as an AK fan that I can't see how you can wipe this under the carpet as if nothings happened .... reluctantly and with regret there can only be one outcome ... thank you AK

I think there can be two outcomes. Steve Gibson must decide between manager or player power. If he trusts his manager, then he tells him to get back in and tell the troublesome players who aren't up for it to go home and they can leave at the end of the season. If he doesn't, and he feels that Karanka has overstepped the mark and is no longer the right person for the club, then he let's him go and then decides if any of the players were out of order and gets rid of them too.

As I've said before we have absolutly no idea what's been going on. Even those that have heard from "sources". Have only heard one side of the story

Let's support the team until we have enough info to make a decision either way

• Like 1

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/12/aitor-karanka-middlesbrough-future-doubt

Implies the club want him gone? Or are at least siding with the players which is a joke in my opinion

the club obviously will know the full extent of whats been going on/gone on. they are siding with the team and you think they are a joke?

:D :D

come on apex you cant call the club a joke when you dont have a clue whats happened. i understand why everyone would be a bit upset and confused atm but the club will make the right/best decision for the club. taking sides its silly really, i side with the club if they think AK is done i'm happy with that.

its not like he's our fergie is it. hes been here a couple of years and have some success. he successfully turned the club in the right direction again and took us to a playoff final. had a couple of good results in the cup, thats about it.

if mogga had the players we have now do you not think he'd be up their to? i never rated mogga highly but with our current players he'd have been doing pretty well i bet.

I didn't call the club a joke. I said if they are siding with the players it's a joke which I stand by, but obviously not jumping to conclusions until the whole story comes out. I'm not a massive fan of Karanka to be honest and I'm not devastated to see him go, just disappointed

Gordon strachan, Gareth Southgate . The club doesn't have a great track record of doing "the best thing for he club" over the past few years.

I reject your argument

well said Wilson!!!

Either way we look at it, best thing we can do as fans right now is get behind them.

Its very easy for us to start pointing fingers and giving certain players stick but how will that help us gain promotion!?? Much better for us to see what team is put out, how they play and give our reaction 'after' the game. Until the Boro website puts out the statement AK is gone there may still be a way back. It could be for the best of the team everyone calms down abit.

As if we do bring a new manager in with the games we have coming up, they're gonna have to hit to ground running.

UTB

We may have fallen out but got to agree with you .... can,t help feeling as a genine fan of the club that I have been punched hard in the stomach

As fans we will have our disagreements ;-) but i'm with you there pal, woke up to what felt like a full on run up and kidney shot!

Many of us on here had our grumbles recent weeks but there wasn't many of us that wanted AK out. We just wanted abit of a tactical/formation change if anything. 

None of us saw this coming but from some of the comments it seems like things have happened behind the scenes over time that has built up to this.

Sadly, the longer the silence goes on, the less of a way back for AK, & the more likely he will be replaced. Ak wasn't perfect but had we of gone up this season, I just felt he could have attracted some top european talent next season. 

Oh, well, cmon the lads UTFB we can still do it!!