oneBoro Forum

Karanka staying!

Another KM786 EXCLUSIVE check back to my posts and tweets from Saturday :D

I don't think anyone believes you had any idea what was going on here KM ...especially as it was all resolved yesterday :D

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

How about we don't be anti anyone, get behind the lads and get this club promoted to the premier league. I am pro Middlesbrough FC.

I'm not one to be unnecessarily negative but I think there's one key aspect that needs to be faultless from now on for us to get promoted. We can't afford to carry any more players. In every single game from now on we absolutely must get 100% commitment on the pitch from every single player.

I'll be there supporting the team as always, but recent performances have left a sour taste. I can accept that things going on can affect people's performance, but from now on it absolutely has to be 100% drive and commitment from every single player. Anything less and we won't stand a chance - we've blown any luxury of being allowed to lose games now - they've all gone. Every single game is a must win, because believe me when I say that if we don't go up because of 3 points lost at Charlton in the most pathetic performance since Yakubu spat his dummy out then the whole situation will have been the worst thing to happen at the Boro since the 3 point debacle.

I stand by Karanka's belief that if this team plays with the intensity that he wants, very few will be able to stop us. Any player who isn't capable of that shouldn't be playing and if they play and don't put in that effort then I really hope they are the first to be out the door regardless of where we play next season.

Everything that has been going right for the club, the long term strategy, bringing the fans back, bringing the belief back, all of that is in jeopardy now. All that hard work will be undone if we don't get promoted.

There are likely to be multiple parties in the wrong over this but as long as they now draw a line under it all and perform, it might just be okay.

On our side, the fans, I'd like to see us get behind the team 100%. That means no groaning when a player misses, no groaning when someone makes a mistake. This Friday especially, that whole stadium needs to show the players exactly what this club is about, exactly what they should be fighting for on the pitch, exactly who they represent when they pull on that shirt, and how much we want them to succeed.

How about we don't be anti anyone, get behind the lads and get this club promoted to the premier league. I am pro Middlesbrough FC.

I'm not one to be unnecessarily negative but I think there's one key aspect that needs to be faultless from now on for us to get promoted. We can't afford to carry any more players. In every single game from now on we absolutely must get 100% commitment on the pitch from every single player.

I'll be there supporting the team as always, but recent performances have left a sour taste. I can accept that things going on can affect people's performance, but from now on it absolutely has to be 100% drive and commitment from every single player. Anything less and we won't stand a chance - we've blown any luxury of being allowed to lose games now - they've all gone. Every single game is a must win, because believe me when I say that if we don't go up because of 3 points lost at Charlton in the most pathetic performance since Yakubu spat his dummy out then the whole situation will have been the worst thing to happen at the Boro since the 3 point debacle.

I stand by Karanka's belief that if this team plays with the intensity that he wants, very few will be able to stop us. Any player who isn't capable of that shouldn't be playing and if they play and don't put in that effort then I really hope they are the first to be out the door regardless of where we play next season.

Everything that has been going right for the club, the long term strategy, bringing the fans back, bringing the belief back, all of that is in jeopardy now. All that hard work will be undone if we don't get promoted.

There are likely to be multiple parties in the wrong over this but as long as they now draw a line under it all and perform, it might just be okay.

On our side, the fans, I'd like to see us get behind the team 100%. That means no groaning when a player misses, no groaning when someone makes a mistake. This Friday especially, that whole stadium needs to show the players exactly what this club is about, exactly what they should be fighting for on the pitch, exactly who they represent when they pull on that shirt, and how much we want them to succeed.

Well said SB

One things for sure  karanka staying means we stand very little chance of the real facts ever coming out

Good let's keep it that way.

There was a tweet from Jonathan Taylor, Gazette journalist which read;

"Plenty of euphoria last night as Karanka stayed, but #Boro now have questions to answer. Fans demand clarity before minds focus on"

This is such a presumptuous statement, I think it would be better for the club, the manager and the team if  nothing more came out, why would the Gazette want to stir things?

Really poor show from Taylor, he's getting twitter mixed up with the real world.

Well said SB, agree with you 100%. Everyone involved in whatever went on needs to have the strength of character to get over it and rise to the challenge of the next 10 games.

To put it bluntly - If we win games and get promoted, then I'm happy for the fact to remain a mystery.

Yep if it all falls apart, they can have the inquest in the summer and sort out the problems, for now, we need to concentrate on winning 7 of our last 10 games. UTB

One things for sure  karanka staying means we stand very little chance of the real facts ever coming out

"Plenty of euphoria last night as Karanka stayed, but #Boro now have questions to answer. Fans demand clarity before minds focus on"

This is such a presumptuous statement, I think it would be better for the club, the manager and the team if  nothing more came out, why would the Gazette want to stir things?

Really poor show from Taylor, he's getting twitter mixed up with the real world.

Totally agree. will have no benefit at all for fans to know the 'real' story as it will only fan the flames if performances arent up to scratch.

The whole gazette piece that he did is rather strange, particularly this bit.

"By doing that, Boro will take the heat out of Friday's already-sizzling match with Hull. As things stand, there's going to be a real intensity around the Riverside - and that may not be a good thing."

I'd have thought the best thing to do would be to keep the heat up for the game - this week reminds me of the build up to the sheffield wednesday game after we'd been docked 3 points and the atmosphere, and result, that day were both spot on.

Its at the end of the season that things may be clarified. Get promoted and all will be forgotten. If we fail, questions will be asked and the inquest will start. At that point the fans will deserve answers and someone to blame.

I don't think anyone believes you had any idea what was going on here KM ...especially as it was all resolved yesterday :D

He actually separately predicted that Karanka would leave and that he would stay, covering bases so that he was right in any eventuality. Like when Robbie Savage separately predicted that ***nal, Chelsea, Man United and Man City would win the league.

I'm onto you KM ;)

Excellent post. +1 We can't afford any more screw ups at all can we? With that in mind NOTHING must be left to chance. From now on - (for example) if a bit of groaning and booing gets in a player's head or dents a player's confidence by even just 1% then that is 1% too much. The stakes are just too high.

We don't train or pick the team, we don't get involved in the dressing room politics, but if we can squeeze out every last drop of positive support from the stands and transfer that onto the pitch then we'll have done all we can.

Frankly I do not know how I feel about this news, one part of me has seen my football club dragged through the gutter with points squandered left right and centre and I want to know who the guilty parties are, on the other hand I guess more blood letting will only further damage us. The important things now need to happen internally, it is alright playing 'kiss and make up' for the press, but if that still leaves the same problems as before then we are going nowhere fast. Now Karanka is staying then those who instigated this unrest need to be isolated, you cannot have a boat moving forward if the rowers are pulling in opposite directions. Only time will tell if this is a good move or not, with the acid test being if we gain promotion, if not then the management and players have failed and big changes will need to be instigated in the summer. Like many on here the scars of the last few days will last for a long time. Sorry if I cannot join in the 'it's all over Karanka is staying' euphoria, but I bear grudges!

He actually separately predicted that Karanka would leave and that he would stay, covering bases so that he was right in any eventuality. Like when Robbie Savage separately predicted that ***nal, Chelsea, Man United and Man City would win the league.

I'm onto you KM ;)

:D Hmmm - same as a mate of mine who backs half the horses in a race and then brags about it when he wins... :s

Did not follow any tweets but have to say both the articles from Taylor and Shaw in todays EG are pretty much spot on.

Up to folks to decide themselves but Taylor spot on, imagine the anguish of performing well against Hull to come back after the IB and perform badly against QPR. The whole bad tasting episodes will come back and slap us all in the face.