• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gibson backs Karanka then it has to be completely, even if that means putting Downing in the reserves, or even send him out on an emergency loan to a non-rival that will be willing to pay his huge wages until the end of the season, before selling him in the summer. I can't see them two resolving their differences so there will have to be one head on the chopping block. I doubt that there's enough common ground between them to put their differences to one side until the end of the season for the best interests of the club. If they're going to sort things out then the first step has got to be for Downing and co respecting Karanka's decisions, which will be far more difficult than it sounds. On principle I always back the manager against dressing room unrest, especially a great manager like Karanka, but the easiest decision for the club unfortunately could be for Karanka to leave. I hope it doesn't come to that though.

A bit of perspective is needed from some on here. I'm as gutted as anybody that we've lost to some rubbish teams recently but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that we're still in a very strong position to get promoted. We've got a tremendous opportunity to kick-start our promotion push in a crucial game against Hull on Friday night, nothing will detract from the importance of that game. Regardless of whether Karanka is in charge then or not we need to rally and support the team to get out of this rut.

Who'd want to buy him? He'll get a free transfer and end up in The US or Asia. He won't be popular in the Boro that's for sure.

So you both know for a fact that little quiet Stewart Downing is the cause of all the commotion and uproar.....

So you both know for a fact that little quiet Stewart Downing is the cause of all the commotion and uproar.....

Are you happy for the club to continue in this nose dive?

No i am not happy with the current form and dressing room predicament. Neither do i make up stories about players from message board tittle tattle. But after 50 odd years supporting Boro i know nothing is expected to run smoothly. ;) 

Once the facts are made public, if they ever are, then you can start the witch hunt.

By the way if Karanka is a gonner i would like to see Big Nigel Pearson given a run, i doubt anybody would talk ***ee to him, not to his face anyway.

It's more than message board tittle tattle. The rift has been reported in several newspapers including some nationals. That doesn't mean to say that because it's in the papers it must be true, but it certainly has more credence than that of Twitter rumours.

It's a very difficult situation the team looked very divided yesterday, it's affecting more than just a couple of players. The fact that the team could hardly string any passes together and barely put in any decent challenges is very worrying.

I'm not sure Pearson is an option, according to Trapper he's still being paid by Leicester until the end of the season.

But that could be message board tittle tattle :)

• 10 months later...

Thought I'd dig this up again seen as it's sadly relevant once more.

No idea personally, think we'd struggle to get the desired caliber at this stage of the season. Only real experienced PL manager out of work is Pardew...

If Aitor Karanka leaves Middlesbrough - hard to see how he won't now, sadly - then I expect them to go after Nigel Pearson #boro

From

sun Journo

Rather stick with AK if that's the case. From all of the available managers I think I would go for Hiddink. Mancini wouldn't come I don't think.

If Aitor Karanka leaves Middlesbrough - hard to see how he won't now, sadly - then I expect them to go after Nigel Pearson #boro

From

sun Journo

Rather stick with AK aif that's the case. From all of the available managers I think I would go for Hiddink. Mancini wouldn't come I don't think.

Look at the date on his post haha

Thought I'd dig this up again see as it's sadly relevant once more.

No idea personally, think we'd struggle to get the desired caliber at this stage of the season. Only real experienced PL manager out of work is Pardew...

I'm not saying I want Karanka to go, but if he does I'd like us to poach Wagner from Huddersfield.

Thought I'd dig this up again see as it's sadly relevant once more.

I'm not saying I want Karanka to go, but if he does I'd like us to poach Wagner from Huddersfield.

That's a good shout.  Or Monk from Leeds.