oneBoro Forum

Aitor Karanka

I think his work behind the scenes shouldn't  be ignored, he's most likely brought in a higher standard of coaching than we've seen for years. He's also made huge changes in the scouting and targets available to the club plus the quality of the playing squad has increased tenfold whilst he's been there; who remembers when we had Tarmo Kink and Big Ish running riot.

For me he's been our best manager since relegation and there is no one better to take this club forward.

Yes we are incomparable to the side that AK joined 2 years ago.

Also if we manage to go up AK was for me the best manager we could have in the Premiership, the thought of who could take his place really worries me - lets face it other than AK Stevie Gibsons choice for manager hasn't exactly been great in recent years IMO.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He punched someone???

Woah, wait there mate, that is pure speculation and always how I intended on it being said. :D

It's all speculation right now, but what I'm getting at is that if that speculation was true, how could anyone continue to put your backing behind him?

The debate of whether football is a democracy or a dictatorship is well in force right now, but if it is going to be seen as the latter, I can't accept that a manager can get away with punching his own players. People have said a lot like "I wouldn't be allowed to do what the players do towards my manager so why should they?" and that is certainly worth involving in the debate but then I wouldn't expect my manager to be able to get away with punching me either.

So now he punched someone and then walked away saying he couldn't manage them any more? I suppose its possible but it seems a weird thing to say and do straight after giving someone a whack - its getting stranger by the minute this

Wilson

I hadn't heard that rumour, although I did hear the one about Nugent throwing a chair at AK........obviously he missed, but the Gazette seem to think that Rhodes would have at least got it on target ;)

This Nugent thing puzzles me, I know hes missed a few chances but being part of a meeting about players not trying and him being one who lost it seems odd to me. Hes one for me who has done nothing but tried

Pretty much what I'm getting at though isn't it, some people are taking sides without knowing the full story. It would appear most people are backing Karanka and I am someone who has defended him to no end throughout all the criticism he has been given. I made my vote the other day on the Gazette poll myself to say I would prefer Karanka to stay.

But then I heard someone say that rumour on here and it really just goes to show that we have absolutely no idea what's happened. Every man and his dog seems to know someone who works at MFC and knows 'exactly' what happened but most of these stories seem to contradict one another.

It doesn't really matter about positives or negatives in the AK performance as manager in this situation. A mathematical equation does not amount to proof of any wrongdoing by AK. Of course if we where in a relegation situation, that may justify sacking the man. We are not. If he has committed an act of gross misconduct then again it would probably justify the sack. Depending of course on the circumstances and any mitigating factors. All this is unknown at the moment, as is the reason/s for the obvious decline of successful club that until recently was enjoying a creditable points per game ratio.

At the moment people are making judgements and apportioning blame on the basis of pure speculation.

• Like 1

I think his work behind the scenes shouldn't  be ignored, he's most likely brought in a higher standard of coaching than we've seen for years. He's also made huge changes in the scouting and targets available to the club plus the quality of the playing squad has increased tenfold whilst he's been there; who remembers when we had Tarmo Kink and Big Ish running riot.

For me he's been our best manager since relegation and there is no one better to take this club forward.

Yes we are incomparable to the side that AK joined 2 years ago.

Also if we manage to go up AK was for me the best manager we could have in the Premiership, the thought of who could take his place really worries me - lets face it other than AK Stevie Gibsons choice for manager hasn't exactly been great in recent years IMO.

You're right it hasn't, looking back Mogga did an important job which has helped Karanka now. The reputation alone of Karanka is enough to turn players heads our way and his style of football will probably be better suited to the prem. As others have said the positives outweigh the negatives for me.

Wilson

I hadn't heard that rumour, although I did hear the one about Nugent throwing a chair at AK........obviously he missed, but the Gazette seem to think that Rhodes would have at least got it on target ;)

Apparently Dimi dived and parried the chair away to safety before it hit Karanka, one of the saves of the season apparently.

It doesn't really matter about positives or negatives in the AK performance as manager in this situation. A mathematical equation does not amount to proof of any wrongdoing by AK. Of course if we where in a relegation situation, that may justify sacking the man. We are not. If he has committed an act of gross misconduct then again it would probably justify the sack. Depending of course on the circumstances and any mitigating factors. All this is unknown at the moment, as is the reason/s for the obvious decline of successful club that until recently was enjoying a creditable points per game ratio.

At the moment people are making judgements and apportioning blame on the basis of pure speculation.

Absolutely spot on. People are already getting the hangmans noose out over rumours and conjecture. Lets see what happens over the next few days from reliable sources and then start coming to ridiculous conclusions.

Wilson

This Nugent thing puzzles me, I know hes missed a few chances but being part of a meeting about players not trying and him being one who lost it seems odd to me. Hes one for me who has done nothing but tried

Think it's just a joke on Nugent missing chances, mate

It doesn't really matter about positives or negatives in the AK performance as manager in this situation.  A mathematical equation does not amount to proof of any wrongdoing by AK. Of course if we where in a relegation situation, that may justify sacking the man. We are not. If he has committed an act of gross misconduct then again it would probably justify the sack. Depending of course on the circumstances and any mitigating factors. All this is unknown at the moment, as is the reason/s for the obvious decline of successful club that until recently was enjoying a creditable points per game ratio.

Echoed my thoughts to a tee, have a +1.

It's time for AK to go, when he first came he started to change the club around. He was professional with everything he did but he has always been stubborn falling out with Hignett, Adomah and Caryol. Albert applauding a team he used to play for and Bristol fans singing his name, then AK has a rant at him, AK was wrong how he handled this. What annoys me is that whenever there is any sort of spat, it makes headlines why can they not just keep it in house.

We still have a chance of promotion but if we keep AK in charge it won't happen. We need to act fast and get a new manager, if AK has punched a player then then he could be in breach of his contract and Gibbo would have no choice but to sack him, This could be why the meeting is supposedly taking place on Tuesday as Gibbo needs to get all the facts from players and management.

Let's get it sorted and move on, if we lose to Hull on Friday then it's playoffs. What a season, it was heading for the best since the premier days and we have imploded.

It doesn't really matter about positives or negatives in the AK performance as manager in this situation.  A mathematical equation does not amount to proof of any wrongdoing by AK. Of course if we where in a relegation situation, that may justify sacking the man. We are not. If he has committed an act of gross misconduct then again it would probably justify the sack. Depending of course on the circumstances and any mitigating factors. All this is unknown at the moment, as is the reason/s for the obvious decline of successful club that until recently was enjoying a creditable points per game ratio.

Echoed my thoughts to a tee, have a +1.

Nobody knows what's gone on except Aitor, the players and most definitely now Steve Gibson.

It's time for AK to go, when he first came he started to change the club around. He was professional with everything he did but he has always been stubborn falling out with Hignett, Adomah and Caryol. Albert applauding a team he used to play for and Bristol fans singing his name, then AK has a rant at him, AK was wrong how he handled this. What annoys me is that whenever there is any sort of spat, it makes headlines why can they not just keep it in house.

We still have a chance of promotion but if we keep AK in charge it won't happen. We need to act fast and get a new manager, if AK has punched a player then then he could be in breach of his contract and Gibbo would have no choice but to sack him, This could be why the meeting is supposedly taking place on Tuesday as Gibbo needs to get all the facts from players and management.

Let's get it sorted and move on, if we lose to Hull on Friday then it's playoffs. What a season, it was heading for the best since the premier days and we have imploded.

There would still be 9 games left, anything could happen, the international break may come at just the right time. It's getting more difficult, but 7 more wins could be enough.

There would still be 9 games left, anything could happen, the international break may come at just the right time. It's getting more difficult, but 7 more wins could be enough.

Spot on about the International break, wish it had started now.