• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it, especially the image of the formation played at Charlton. :D

Dimi

De Laet Kalas Gibson Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Adomah Ramirez Downing

Rhodes

That's the team for me. If Aitor does indeed pick Downing, puts what was left in this discussion regarding his future to bed. Though this is a game where I would possibly consider Stuani being in the team for, as much as we've seen barely anything of him recently.

Imagine if Aitor went 4-4-2 now?

Livermore, Powell and a few others for Hull are apparently missing the game tonight at home to Forest due to injuries but it's yet to be seen what else they might be missing on Friday, some could even make a comeback for that game.

Going 1-0 Boro and I'm finally going to say Rhodes as first goal-scorer. He is due a goal at home and what a game this would be to get it.

I'd love it if he went

Dimi

De Laet, Kalas, Gibson, Friends

Forshaw, Clayton, Leadbitter

Ramirez

Rhodes, Stuani

I'd say heavily reliant on Friend and De Laet to provide width but then watching Stewey on Sunday, George did provide most of the width on that side until Albert switched. I would worry about Clucas on that side against De Laet though. Clayton would regularly get pulled back to cover.

We rely a lot on the fullbacks for width and crossing anyway. Soon as the fullbacks get up the pitch, the winger either comes inside or drops back. Rarely do you see them double team the other team. I think it gives us solidity in midfield, and Rhodes the necessary partner he needs. Would rather see Rhodes and Stuani together than Rhodes and Nugent. That's not a knock on DN, but Stuani would make a better fit.

Dimi

De Laet, Kalas, Gibson, Friend

Nsue, Clayton, Forshaw, Adomah

Ramirez

Rhodes

We need to create chances, so that would be my team against a strong Hull rearguard that needs to be put under pressure.

If Karanka goes without Rhodes, its got to be Stuani a strong physical presence, is needed the Hull centre backs are big strong players,who need pulling out of position.

Agreed re Rhodes' partner, A365. Absolutely has to be Stuani. He played alongside another quality physical player in the air last season in Gestede and it worked wonders for both. Nugent gets all over the pitch and you can argue he sometimes isolates his fellow forward.

Dimi

De Laet, Kalas, Gibson, Friend

Adomah,Leadbitter, Clayton, Downing

Nugent

Rhodes

It will be 2-1, I think. But as that's already taken I'll go 3-0 to the Boro, de Laet to get the first

Dimi

Nsue, Fry Gibson De Laet

Forshaw Clayton - Although I see Leadbitter in here instead of Forshaw

Adomah Ramirez Downing

Rhodes

I wouldn't drop Nsue simply because his pace and energy is vital especially at home in getting more of our players forward and getting attacks going, alternatively I would have De Laet right back and Friend left and put Adomah on the left wing and have Nsue playing right wing. The only one negative about Nsue is his final ball, Surely the coaching staff can see this too and spend a few hours a week improving this?

Anyway I do think we will win this game because that's us all over but I have no score prediction but hope it will be another convincing win like Derby and Brighton but 3 pts are more important!

• Latest Posts

• Sorry my bad meant Middlehaven, so has the old Cargo Fleet Station opened now?
    • 01/12/1900 - 1st fixture between both clubs,  Boro 2 Blackpool 0  Biggest win 9-2 as mentioned below  Hattricks & more in one game v Blackpool  10th December 1938, Wilf Mannion bagged 4 goals at home to Blackpool in the 9-2 thrashing, one more than Micky Fenton Wilf became the 9th different Boro player to score 4 goals in one 1st team game & the 17th in total 7th September 1925 - James McCelland scored all 3 in a 3-2 win at Bloomfield park, in a 2nd division fixture, it was James 1st Boro HT our 5th away HT & 39TH in total James became the 16th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 10TH December 1938 - Micky Fenton scored 3 when the mighty Boro thrashed Blackpool 9-2 at Ayresome Park in 1st division fixture, it was Micky Fenton’s 5th Boro HT,  our 49th home HT & 65TH in total Micky became the 23rd different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 25th November 1950 - Alex McCrae scored 3 goals in a 4-3 home win,  it was Alex’s 3rd Boro HT our 62nd home HT & 80TH in total Alex became the 29th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT 15th November 1986 - Bernie Slaven was the 1st Boro player to score a HT after coming out of voluntarily liquidation & the 1st FAC HT v Blackpool It was Bernies 1st Boro HT our 85th home HT & 118TH in total Bernie became the 44th different Boro player to score a 1st team HT It was also our 15th FAC hattrick, of which 11 were at home    Record of Boro v Blackpool  Won 22 Drew  7 Lost 5 Goals scored – 74 Goals against -  40   Did you know:-  1973-74 - Blackpool were one of 2 teams we failed to beat in our  2nd division championship & the only team we failed to score past that season  One of the 1986 legends Gary Parkinson, between 1986-1993 played 243 games for the Boro, scoring 7 goals, in 2001 for one season he signed for Blackpool, his last league club, where he played 24 games One of the 4 famous Carr bothers who played for the mighty Boro John, played 449  goals scoring 81 goals signed for Blackpool in 1930, playing 14 games, scoring 2 goals Micky Burns who John Neal signed in 1978 started out for Blackpool but didn’t play a 1st game for them   
    • It's an abandoned proposal from the early 2010s, sadly.
    • Teesside Park is over a mile from Riverside..  you would need Middlehaven (formerly Cargo Fleet)...  Metro just fancy name for local rail services 
    • Out of interest is this Tees Valley Metro for real? And if so where is the Teesside Park Station located as it must be very close to The Riverside?