• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only booing that I heard was from the North stand towards Downing. All-in-all I thought he got a good reception considering how bad things could have been. The section that booed are idiots.

If we go up automatically then we'll look back at this result as the game that got us back on track. The training ground will be a far better place to be during the two week international break. Plus the potential return of Ayala will be a massive boost to our promotion hopes.

For QPR I think we'll see De Laet come in for Nsue, who had a poor game tonight. I suspect that Nugent will start over Rhodes too.

Wow what a finish to the game. I thought we'd just have to settle for a point but finally a bit of quality from Adomah and then a bit more quality from Nugent and the three points are in the bag albeit undeservedly.

Tonight may well have been one of those nights where performance is irrelevant but it's difficult for me to be too upbeat about that side of things. I thought it wasn't that far removed from Charlton to be honest, minus the defensive mistakes. The actual game, the performance, our tempo, weren't too much different. To some extent it might have been expected given our last two games but still nothing to shout about. Three points though - absolutely massive.

I thought Gibson looked more like himself tonight and was ably assisted by Kalas who I thought had a good game. I haven't been a big fan of Kalas in central defence but he did well to be fair. I do wonder if Hull helped that playing Aluko though. Nsue other than his crossing did well enough and Clayton I thought was his usual busy self but other than that the other performances were patchy at best and in some cases just poor.

Leadbitter wasn't good enough again. He started the first half giving the ball away cheaply, continued the half seemingly trying to pass to Clayton every time he had a Hull player next to him and finished it getting booked for kicking the ball away after we conceded a freekick on the edge of their area? Why? He then forced Clayton into getting booked in the second half when he gave him another idiotic pass and finally seemed to be pushing further forward without any kind of effect. He shouldn't have been in the team after last weekend's effort but the fact that he not only made it back in but lasted the full game demonstrates the issue we have with Karanka as our manager unfortunately. I feel for Forshaw but it's just bad management pure and simple in my opinion. I'd be staggered if anyone can keep defending this now.

Stuani was another one whose presence is starting to be baffling now. He doesn't add anything to us other than this idea that if he gets into the area and if we can get him the ball he might score. The problem is that if that doesn't happen then he is a complete waste of space. He looks so ungainly and uncoordinated at times that I half expect to see him trip over the ball at some point. His touch is poor and because he clearly isn't confident running with the ball he often stops or turns back, which in turn slows us down. He's another player whose performances simply don't justify selection.

Friend was again back to being sloppy and just generally nothing like this best but again seems to be in the side regardless. Could James Husband really not do better than this? On the other side Nsue actually did a lot of things well but his crossing is mostly poor so however often we get him into good positions it's wasted most of the time. Adomah tried but was guilty of too much sloppy play himself, whether it was a poor touch here or a poor cross there. In his defence I think being moved from left to right every other game can't be helping him. Thankfully he got one bit right and in the end that was enough. Ramirez maybe showed tonight why he didn't make it in the Premier League. Looking good against weaker opposition is all well and good but against the first truly decent side he struggled. Keeping hold of the ball too long at times being one of the problems. Rhodes continues to show how unsuited he is to us.

Tonight was all about the result, we desperately needed a win and in the context of this week and the season as a whole it could mean so much. But the performance levels still weren't there and we have two weeks to try and sort a number of things out. It's time for Karanka to be the great manager some on here seem to think he is. It could be the making of him or clearly expose his limitations. I hope for him and us that it's the former.

Good to see we have control of our own destiny now. Forget about Burnley, unless they lose form they are gone. We now know that if we win every game we go up. We won't do that but then neither will Hull, Brighton, Derby, etc. so we need more points. 9 more games and every one is a “must win”. It sounds simple but promotion is in our own hands.

I don't know whether I am happy about taking a break now. After this result, we have some momentum. Hull certainly don't. Not sure about Brighton and Derby but we are as well placed as them.

Wow what a finish to the game.  I thought we'd just have to settle for a point but finally a bit of quality from Adomah and then a bit more quality from Nugent and the three points are in the bag albeit undeservedly.

Tonight may well have been one of those nights where performance is irrelevant but it's difficult for me to be too upbeat about that side of things.  I thought it wasn't that far removed from Charlton to be honest, minus the defensive mistakes.  The actual game, the performance, our tempo, weren't too much different.  To some extent it might have been expected given our last two games but still nothing to shout about.  Three points though - absolutely massive.

I thought Gibson looked more like himself tonight and was ably assisted by Kalas who I thought had a good game.  I haven't been a big fan of Kalas in central defence but he did well to be fair.  I do wonder if Hull helped that playing Aluko though.  Nsue other than his crossing did well enough and Clayton I thought was his usual busy self but other than that the other performances were patchy at best and in some cases just poor.

Leadbitter wasn't good enough again.  He started the first half giving the ball away cheaply, continued the half seemingly trying to pass to Clayton every time he had a Hull player next to him and finished it getting booked for kicking the ball away after we conceded a freekick on the edge of their area?  Why?  He then forced Clayton into getting booked in the second half when he gave him another idiotic pass and finally seemed to be pushing further forward without any kind of effect.  He shouldn't have been in the team after last weekend's effort but the fact that he not only made it back in but lasted the full game demonstrates the issue we have with Karanka as our manager unfortunately.  I feel for Forshaw but it's just bad management pure and simple in my opinion.  I'd be staggered if anyone can keep defending this now.

Stuani was another one whose presence is starting to be baffling now.  He doesn't add anything to us other than this idea that if he gets into the area and if we can get him the ball he might score.  The problem is that if that doesn't happen then he is a complete waste of space.  He looks so ungainly and uncoordinated at times that I half expect to see him trip over the ball at some point.  His touch is poor and because he clearly isn't confident running with the ball he often stops or turns back, which in turn slows us down.  He's another player whose performances simply don't justify selection.

Friend was again back to being sloppy and just generally nothing like this best but again seems to be in the side regardless.  Could James Husband really not do better than this?  On the other side Nsue actually did a lot of things well but his crossing is mostly poor so however often we get him into good positions it's wasted most of the time.  Adomah tried but was guilty of too much sloppy play himself, whether it was a poor touch here or a poor cross there.  In his defence I think being moved from left to right every other game can't be helping him.  Thankfully he got one bit right and in the end that was enough.  Ramirez maybe showed tonight why he didn't make it in the Premier League.  Looking good against weaker opposition is all well and good but against the first truly decent side he struggled.  Keeping hold of the ball too long at times being one of the problems.  Rhodes continues to show how unsuited he is to us.  

Tonight was all about the result, we desperately needed a win and in the context of this week and the season as a whole it could mean so much.  But the performance levels still weren't there and we have two weeks to try and sort a number of things out.  It's time for Karanka to be the great manager some on here seem to think he is.  It could be the making of him or clearly expose his limitations.  I hope for him and us that it's the former.

Lot of work still to be done, even more if we go up.

Whether AK hangs around is anyone's guess. I think he'll walk whatever happens.

Enjoyed your match report.

There's a little more doom and gloom around here than expected when logging on. I wasn't online during the game so I don't know how you all felt.

Personally I thought it was much better. Not great, not really even that good, but much much better. It looked like we cared about the result again. Generally, nobody played that well or that badly, except the two standouts for me, Kalas and Clayts. I thought Kalas had a really good game, and Gibbo looked much better for having Kalas next to him. I think with Gibbo, hes not ready to be the "senior head" in a backline yet (lest we forget he is only 22 mind).

I thought we won the midfield battle. Ive been really critical lately of Leadbitter, but I thought he and Clayts did their job and came out on top against a very very good pairing in Huddlestone (MOM) and Livermore today, plus Diame driving them on. Thats a tough midfield to come out on top of but I felt it was a major part to us winning, so although Leadbitter wasn't at his all time best, I thought he did his job today.

Although I thought we were the better side all in all, both teams sloppy generally, but they definitely had the better chances, no doubt. We were not breaking with any sort of pace at all, although to be honest when we got the ball, they re-grouped and got bodies back extremely effectively. Its no surprise that they have the best defensive record in the country. I thought we lacked idea's abit but again, to give them the credit, have to say that Hull did a great job of limiting possibilities and options for us.

I thought we got a lift and stepped up tempo when Stewy come on, but I have to question the people who booed him. Really ***ed me off that. Now I've been pretty angry at him for the alleged things that have gone on, but booing him is daft. What good does it do anyone at all? Glad for the red faction response with one of our own.

Dimi was commanding in the air, that punch he made was really good in taking pressure off the defense. Adomah would be a premier league player if he could produce more than one cross a game, but its certainly hard to criticise now! Big Nuge... what can I say? Ive defended him alot, sometime it feels like week in week out, so delighted to see him get the goal. Really tough header that one, hes having to come away from the goal to get his contact, and thats a top finish and hopefully it will spur him on because lets be honest hes missed a few sitters!!

Clayts and Leadbitter are perfect together for this type of game, they mop up after each other, the hunted the ball down as a pack, thought we bossed the midfield. But Huddersfield, Preston, I'd like to see Clayts and Forshaw. By far the best 2 midfielders we have. Gaston tried to do too much sometimes and almost dropped us in the ***, but he also tracked back fantastically and drove the team on well.

Just much happier today. Feel's loads better and I think this could really be our catalyst to get going again. It just felt different tonight, how its supposed to feel. It reminds me of the 1-0 win against QPR with the 93rd min Leadbitter penalty, with the emotion and the hard fought win, and what a catalyst that was.

Anyway, that turned into a big rant. Top and bottom is that Im chuffed with us today. Not vintage by any means, but it feels pivotal. UTFB

Don,t really see why we can,t end up winning the league

Some posters say Burnley are gone .... don,t see it that way.They have some tough fixtures ahead and as a team are not head and shoulders above everyone else plus we have to go there and do we really think its impossible to see a win for us that night !

Massive month ahead with a few more twists abd turns to endure

Ps ... notice some making comments about money spent as if that guarantees us promotion , add up the cost of Hulls side last night, puts us to shame

I sacrificed taping the game last night (because we never win when I do and I'm at the game) so can anyone tell me what Sky said about us after the game?

Also the wine hangover was is worth it haha. Bloody love a good 91st min winner. :D

I sacrificed taping the game last night (because we never win when I do and I'm at the game) so can anyone tell me what Sky said about us after the game?

Also the wine hangover was is worth it haha. Bloody love a good 91st min winner. :D

Holloway and Karanka had a love in at the side of the pitch, I'm paraphrasing, but it was more or less:

Ian: "I'm so proud of you"

Aitor: "That means a lot, coming from you"

It was extraordinary. After that they bigged him up a bit more being able to fire up his team after last weekend. Brucie had a bit of a whinge about having to play ***nal this week when we had midweek off, and then they were very complimentary about our fans.

Edit: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11680/10210669/middlesbrough-1-0-hull-aitor-karanka-and-steve-bruce-reaction

Look at Holloway's little face.