oneBoro Forum

Just to be clear I wasn't calling for a change of captain

It would be a change of captain for me, because he wouldn't be in my starting 11, but coaches and managers have their favourites and Leadbitter is one of Karanka's.

Changing captain as we enter the final run in is ridiculous. Why disrupt the dressing room? I said things in anger after Charlton but the sane and sensible thing to do is keep Leadbitter. We need to win as many games as possible with a united dressing room.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to be clear I wasn't calling for a change of captain

It would be a change of captain for me, because he wouldn't be in my starting 11, but coaches and managers have their favourites and Leadbitter is one of Karanka's.

Changing captain as we enter the final run in is ridiculous. Why disrupt the dressing room? I said things in anger after Charlton but the sane and sensible thing to do is keep Leadbitter. We need to win as many games as possible with a united dressing room.

Its about changing the starting 11, if he's on the pitch he's captain, if he isn't then obviously someone else has to be, think we need to create more in the final third and Leadbitter isn't the answer in my opinion.

It's a bit of a moot point, as chances are Karankas not going to change his captain at this stage of the season. Like it or not, Leadbitters probably going to start most games until May now. Let's just hope his form increases.

It's a bit of a moot point, as chances are Karankas not going to change his captain at this stage of the season. Like it or not, Leadbitters probably going to start most games until May now. Let's just hope his form increases.

Yep, it can't afford not to at this stage, form needs a huge improvement.

Not entirely sure why Leadbitter is actually getting criticism for this game alone, if that's the case. Seems like once the goals of last season dried up, people started questioning what he brings to the team. Thought he was no worse than anyone yesterday, did his job, barring the stupid yellow card. Can't really fault him for lack of creativity in a game that was almost completely void of it from the usual suspects.

I was just as annoyed by Clayton's card as Leadbitter's though as I didn't really see the man he brought down going anywhere at the time and he's closer to a 3-game suspension.

When Forshaw came into the team, don't get me wrong he barely put a foot wrong and if it's simply a case of Leadbitter vs. Forshaw, I can understand if that's the reason people want to see Forshaw with more of a chance. But Leadbitter's not done much wrong (barring games where the team were, as a whole, poor) to deserve being dropped out of the team and was very much part of the reason we kept keeping clean sheets from November to January. That partnership in midfield was being lauded non-stop.

If Leadbitter wasn't captain would he have played the amount of games he has this season?

Yeah that's basically the question I was asking. I don't think someone should be undroppable when they are not performing just because they are captain

Not entirely sure why Leadbitter is actually getting criticism for this game alone, if that's the case. Seems like once the goals of last season dried up, people started questioning what he brings to the team. Thought he was no worse than anyone yesterday, did his job, barring the stupid yellow card. Can't really fault him for lack of creativity in a game that was almost completely void of it from the usual suspects.

I was just as annoyed by Clayton's card as Leadbitter's though as I didn't really see the man he brought down going anywhere at the time and he's closer to a 3-game suspension.

When Forshaw came into the team, don't get me wrong he barely put a foot wrong and if it's simply a case of Leadbitter vs. Forshaw, I can understand if that's the reason people want to see Forshaw with more of a chance. But Leadbitter's not done much wrong (barring games where the team were, as a whole, poor) to deserve being dropped out of the team and was very much part of the reason we kept keeping clean sheets from November to January. That partnership in midfield was being lauded non-stop.

I've been criticising Leadbitter for weeks, as have plenty of people on here. The guy has seemingly lost all ability to pass it further than 2 feet.

Can't really understand the thinking behind dropping Leadbitter. He s captain and maybe his form has dropped, but so has the form of every other outfield player at some point. His distribution at the minute is below par but defensively he is still breaking up a lot of the opposition play. Not sure if his role in the goal last night has been mentioned but his guile and positioning prevented Curtis Davis from getting his challenge in. Last night he was probably up against 2 of the best CMs in the championship and Huddleston was my MOM. Being captain brings responsibilities. Like he demonstrated in the get together following Cardiff away. Another is to lead by example. If your form deteriorates you don't hide but work through it. He is doing that. We play with 2 CMs in defensive roles whether people like it or not. Leads and Clayton are the best partnership for that.

Can't really understand the thinking behind dropping Leadbitter. He s captain and maybe his form has dropped, but so has the form of every other outfield player at some point. His distribution at the minute is below par but defensively he is still breaking up a lot of the opposition play. Not sure if his role in the goal last night has been mentioned but his guile and positioning prevented Curtis Davis from getting his challenge in. Last night he was probably up against 2 of the best CMs in the championship and Huddleston was my MOM. Being captain brings responsibilities. Like he demonstrated in the get together following Cardiff away. Another is to lead by example. If your form deteriorates you don't hide but work through it. He is doing that. We play with 2 CMs in defensive roles whether people like it or not. Leads and Clayton are the best partnership for that.

But when another outfield player has a dip in form they are usually dropped or rotated

Leadbitter is the captain,and you can see by his whole demeanour that he takes all aspects of the job very seriously. As such he is the one most likely to follow the managers instructions to the letter. Its called setting an example to others. He is playing to AK's instructions. Its a defensive strategy that has served us well this season, keeping possession. We are in an automatic promotion spot after all. Yes, we are not performing as we did in 2015. But its not all down solely to Leadbitter lack of form, the same can be said of a few others. We are also become a very predictable side and that comes with the danger of opposing teams negating our tactics. Thereby making innovative and decisive forward play difficult.

Leadbitters job is to support the defence. keep possession and break down attacks from our opponents.

Rhodes job is to score or to provide goal assists. I think you will get the gist of my point.