oneBoro Forum

Forshaw is like Butterfield 2.0, Jacob has flourished since leaving us and Adam Forshaw will be exactly the same. He'll be an absolute cracker of a player when we inevitably ship him off.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forshaw is like Butterfield 2.0, Jacob has flourished since leaving us and Adam Forshaw will be exactly the same. He'll be an absolute cracker of a player when we inevitably ship him off.

That's exactly what's going to happen, Forshaw always looks comfortable with the ball at he's feet, and that's the mark of a good player, someone else will reap the rewards because of Karanka's tunnel vision.

As for Butterfield he's scored more goals than our leading scorer, another who was never given a fair chance.

I remember when Butterfield was here. It's the same argument drop Leadbitter for Butterfield. Yet still Leadbitter is playing for the team higher in the league. Butterfield can continue to flourish where he is.

I remember when Butterfield was here. It's the same argument drop Leadbitter for Butterfield. Yet still Leadbitter is playing for the team higher in the league. Butterfield can continue to flourish where he is.

Undeservedly.

Undeservedly.

I agree 100%, I must be in the Comcast  having a pint or in the loo when Leadbitters, producing all these worthwile passes, because I keep missing them.

Undeservedly.

In your opinion and some others. Thats what the game is all about. People throw stats here there and everywhere, but what difference do they make. Ultimately look at where we are with Grant in the side. Where are Derby? Butterfield may have flourished in his pay packet but he has not advanced himself beyond Boro since he left. I have absolutely nothing against Forshaw but he came from Wigan via Brentford. I am sure he is a decent player but to some he has been some sort of standout figure during our rough patch and he has not been in all honesty. Decent possibly and someone who may flourish to Butterfields level, but is that good enough?

Forshaw has been better than Leadbitter recently, which us surely the only point that matters? The club he came from is irrelevant.

Your argument about Butterfield is clearly flawed as well. Nugent is here and McCormack is at Fulham who are below us therefore look at where we are with Nugent in the side and he's the better player? Have whatever opinion you want but at least have one that makes some sense.

Undeservedly.

In your opinion and some others. Thats what the game is all about. People throw stats here there and everywhere, but what difference do they make. Ultimately look at where we are with Grant in the side. Where are Derby? Butterfield may have flourished in his pay packet but he has not advanced himself beyond Boro since he left. I have absolutely nothing against Forshaw but he came from Wigan via Brentford. I am sure he is a decent player but to some he has been some sort of standout figure during our rough patch and he has not been in all honesty. Decent possibly and someone who may flourish to Butterfields level, but is that good enough?

Forshaw was excellent against Wolves & Cardiff, he's done nothing wrong to be dropped, and with regard to Brentford, Forshaw was their player of the year,perhaps not a standout for us, but has produced a lot more than Leadbitter in his limited appearances, including 2 assists for Nsue. Better footballer than Leadbitter in my opinion.

Undeservedly.

I would put money on us being no worse off if you replaced Grant with Forshaw for the entirety of this season. You seem to be suggesting we are where we are because Grant plays and also our league position automatically gives us the better player.

It's very difficult to take anything you say seriously now.

Forshaw has been better than Leadbitter recently, which us surely the only point that matters? The club he came from is irrelevant.

Your argument about Butterfield is clearly flawed as well. Nugent is here and McCormack is at Fulham who are below us therefore look at where we are with Nugent in the side and he's the better player? Have whatever opinion you want but at least have one that makes some sense.

My argument is not flawed as the discussion is about leadbitter and Forshaw. Demonstrate how Forshaw has been better than Leadbetter when he has taken his place. How many points have we won with Forshaw/Clayton compared to Forshaw /Leadbitter. Don't try to patronise CT. i do make sense.

Forshaw has been better than Leadbitter recently, which us surely the only point that matters?  The club he came from is irrelevant.  

Your argument about Butterfield is clearly flawed as well.  Nugent is here and McCormack is at Fulham who are below us therefore look at where we are with Nugent in the side and he's the better player?  Have whatever opinion you want but at least have one that makes some sense.

My argument is not flawed as the discussion is about leadbitter and Forshaw. Demonstrate how Forshaw has been better than Leadbetter when he has taken his place. How many points have we won with Forshaw/Clayton compared to Forshaw /Leadbitter. Don't try to patronise CT. i do make sense.

Demonstrate how Forshaw was POOR ENOUGH that he deserved to be dropped for a Leadbitter that has barely scraped average performances for months.

What did Forshaw do in his 3-4 game stretch that deserved being dropped for Grant.

There are a lot more variables that contribute to results than the CM pairing. Especially in such a small sample size. Don't complicate things, just compare Forshaws performances to Leadbitters. Who's done better lately?

Forshaw has been better than Leadbitter recently, which us surely the only point that matters?  The club he came from is irrelevant.  

Your argument about Butterfield is clearly flawed as well.  Nugent is here and McCormack is at Fulham who are below us therefore look at where we are with Nugent in the side and he's the better player?  Have whatever opinion you want but at least have one that makes some sense.

Demonstrate how Forshaw was POOR ENOUGH that he deserved to be dropped for a Leadbitter that has barely scraped average performances for months.

What did Forshaw do in his 3-4 game stretch that deserved being dropped for Grant.

What did Forshaw do wrong to be dropped, absolutely NOTHING.

Your argument is flawed because you're using the same logic as I just used and as you can see for yourself it's nonsense.  Nothing patronising about it at all, it just doesn't make much sense to say that because a player plays for club below us he's therefore worse than our players and that is exactly what you meant regarding Butterfield.  I didn't say you don't make sense, I said that point doesn't make sense.