oneBoro Forum

While I don't think we were terrible, nor do I think should we overestimate ourselves. Hull haven't been in good form either and the game saw two sides out of form playing formations that cancelled each other out. Hull were solid the way we've been but didn't create many great chances either. Delighted to bits with the win but all our ills aren't solved by that goal. I know that may make me sound like a grumpy bugger!

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very happy we won,but I just have to say, Rhodes dont work... either he dont like the system or he is in a hell of bad form..... He realy dont look like a 10 million (or whatever the price was) striker at the moment

While I don't think we were terrible, nor do I think should we overestimate ourselves. Hull haven't been in good form either and the game saw two sides out of form playing formations that cancelled each other out. Hull were solid the way we've been but didn't create many great chances either. Delighted to bits with the win but all our ills aren't solved by that goal. I know that may make me sound like a grumpy bugger!

I think it makes you a realist as I think the same.

Nothing wrong by not knee jerking (either way). 

You've obviously been a Boro fan for a long time to appreciate it's not the Boro thing to get too carried away. We always do everything the hard way.

Watched that end to the game in the kitchen at my mother in laws 60s birthday. Imagine celebrating that goal go in and try being completely silent. I almost peed a little.

Not the best performance but it was very much improved on Sunday, definitely based on the first half.

But the win, the result, the goal and the clean sheet have made the match worth watching. People in my house must think I've lost it.

Great response from Nugent, Clayton and Karanka after the game. The only thing we can really be frustrated about tonight is that the international break has come now. But an excellent result today, cannot say how chuffed I am.

to be completely honest i was virtually praying we could hold on to the one point the further the time passed but oh god what a fantastic bonus that goal was.

in general i thought our defensive play was solid enough but once we got to mid field and further up our play was far too safe and whats missing at the moment is any sort of off the cuff passing or interplay. our decisions are  far too cautious and extremely obvious that will only change with wins so its a big step in the right direction/.

cant fault AK with any of the substitutions tonight and best of the bunch for me were Gibson.Kalas and Clayton .

Hull did deserve a point  but i wont lose any sleep that they didnt get it.

BIG BIG WIN

Kalas is exactly what we need in defence when Ayala is not there.

He's in for everything and drives us forward at times! (remember Ayala's wing play against Forest? :D )

6 more wins will do it. What a night.

The big dog did more in 20 minutes than Rhodes did in 70. Do you know what, I think Karanka knows his football.

UTFB!

Don't be fooled by the win. He knows how to create a good defensive unit. Just before the goal went in everyone was saying how sh1t we are.... fine margins.

We're not suddenly great, and nor is AK.

I'm bloody delighted we WON THOUGH !!!!!!

Kalas is exactly what we need in defence when Ayala is not there.

He's in for everything and drives us forward at times! (remember Ayala's wing play against Forest? :D )

Actually Kalas had one key run that showed just how flat and things we are moving forward.

He drove with the ball into the Hull half and had NO PASSES on for him. Literally not one, he had to circle back and go backwards.

That's what's so infuriating.

We played terribly, we really need to sort that out...

But wow what a crucial, crucial win that was!!!!!!!

No we didnt, we were up against a good team with a great defence.

But what about when we're up against sh1t teams with sh1t defences. We still don't score much.... so we do really need to sort that out...

We played terribly, we really need to sort that out...

But wow what a crucial, crucial win that was!!!!!!!

No we didnt, we were up against a good team with a great defence.

But what about when we're up against sh1t teams with sh1t defences. We still don't score much.... so we do really need to sort that out...

Not to be nit picky but just to point out you probably shouldn't be intentionally trying to get around the swear filter..

6 more wins will do it. What a night.

The big dog did more in 20 minutes than Rhodes did in 70. Do you know what, I think Karanka knows his football.

UTFB!

Don't be fooled by the win. He knows how to create a good defensive unit. Just before the goal went in everyone was saying how sh1t we are.... fine margins.

We're not suddenly great, and nor is AK.

I'm bloody delighted we WON THOUGH !!!!!!

I wasn't saying that at the game, nor were any of the people around me.

We weren't great, but what were people expecting? Anybody that watched the game last Sunday shouldn't have expecting any kind of real spectacle tonight. We got the job done against one of our biggest rivals in a very high pressure game. That's enough for me given the week that we've had as a club.