• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sacrificed taping the game last night (because we never win when I do and I'm at the game) so can anyone tell me what Sky said about us after the game?

Also the wine hangover was is worth it haha. Bloody love a good 91st min winner. :D

Holloway and Karanka had a love in at the side of the pitch, I'm paraphrasing, but it was more or less:

Ian: "I'm so proud of you"

Aitor: "That means a lot, coming from you"

It was extraordinary. After that they bigged him up a bit more being able to fire up his team after last weekend. Brucie had a bit of a whinge about having to play ***nal this week when we had midweek off, and then they were very complimentary about our fans.

Edit: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11680/10210669/middlesbrough-1-0-hull-aitor-karanka-and-steve-bruce-reaction

Look at Holloway's little face.

Thanks for that Tom, appreciate it.

Omg look at his expression. That's the way I stare at Chris Pine. :D

This is hilarious. TV gold lmao

Feels mint waking up after a Boro win. Me ears are still ringing after the eruption of noise when we scored last night, how good was that. The place went wild. :D

Massive win, no other way to put it other than MASSIVE WIN. It really was the best way to win. I cant express how that should come across with words but if your going to win a game of football against one of your closest competitive rivals then that's the best way without a doubt because for the losing team its a sucker punch and massive low blow they will feel so deflated this morning but for the winners its a massive confidence boost a massive lift we will wake up today with smiles on our faces and enjoy the weekend and the two weeks off, this should be an amazing confidence boost.

I thought overall we were the better of the two teams, I don't think either team was brilliant but we both weren't awful either just two teams low on confidence that was easy to see, it was also two teams with the best defences and two teams who you could tell didn't want to loose that game so was never going to be open and free flowing. Out of the two I thought we looked like we had the more intent and you could see early on how they set up with the wingers making a 4 upfront to counter as soon as we crossed the half way line in case we lost the ball which we did a lot. I was surprised by this because I did think Hull would show more attacking intent than any other side that's been to the riverside this season in the league but like I say no team wanted to loose. There's only been Everton who have came here to bring the game to us and you can see the difference in class there. I listened to Bruce's interview after the game and I think he knows he wasn't the better team but he has to say that to keep his players believing after that sucker punch the last thing he needs is to berate his players.

I'm going to give my take on the match for our players now and this probably isn't going to go down well but I just want the best out of my team and I'm not picking on any one for the fun of it there all Boro players and I want every single one of them to do well. Also of the few negatives in here the positives always get swept under the rug and everyone is quick to jump on a negative comment that gets made.

I thought Kalas was our best player last night and I haven't been his biggest fan this season, he's looked shaky and makes some rash decisions at times when trying to clear the ball but last night he was dominant he had Diame in his back pocket and made him have a frustrating night, aerial wise he was kept them at bay and they have some big players he also in the second half tried to get us going with a few little runs and some good forward balls. He was my MOTM

Gibson looks like he misses Ayala a lot I said to have him and Fry in last night because I felt sorry for Fry after last weeks game but Kalas proved me wrong Gibson didn't have his best game I know he's only young and I think he's going to be outstanding I'm not calling him simply given my opinion, his passing was awful he had a few that came off including a lucky one across the park to Nsue where Livermore nearly got it and a few times he looked panicky when he had the ball and was dancing about in it looking for the pass, I saw Rhodes make atleast 3 good runs when Gibson had the ball and he just didn't look up at all was over the Kalas or short to Leadbitter, we wont create chances passing around in our own half there was nothing to loose give Rhodes a chance and something to fight for.

Nsue was reliable as always his energy lasts the full 90 he has been our most improved player this season and I like him I think if De laet was to come in at RB I would move Nsue to RW I think it would be a shame to drop him. He just needs to practice his crossing I don't understand how the coaching staff don't see this he gets into all the right positions he has 5+ crosses every game but most are awful surely they can take his aside or keep him back an hour and say lets practice crossing?

Friend was poor at least until Downing came on, nothing went right for him he didn't get the bounces which he was unlucky sometimes but I think they obviously done there homework on him and when he was attacking they doubled up so if he got past his first man the second would sweep the ball up and defensively he was tiring a little bit they got past him quite easily a few times, Snodgrass was on his own for that chance in the first half. I love George btw he is one of our best players and one of the best if not the best LB in this league but I'm calling it how I see it he was poor last night .

Adomah was second MOTM some of his runs didn't pay off but I think they were scared of him and Nsue there pace and energy caused them lots of problems and when he's at his best he's one of our most dangerous players. His ball for Nugent was perfect.

Clayton was fantastic he bossed the midfield Mr Reliable as always didn't give them much in midfield at all I think Huddlestone and Livermore struggled in the first half and he kept Diame quite as well covered the back four brilliantly and when George or Nsue were forward he was over to cover both sides Top play by him. Can I just say I thought Huddlestone defensively was brilliant his position and some of his last ditch tackles where top quality he is a Premier league player no doubt I would have him.

Leadbitter isn't the answer I think he did something's well last night but not a lot, he gave the ball away to many times with lazy passes he didn't track back all the time I watched him atleast 3 times loose the ball or give the ball away and he just stopped leaving Clayton to do 2 jobs sometimes. He went side or back far to much and we struggled to create anything through the middle which made us use the wings more and made us more predictable Hull just doubled up on the wings sometimes had 3 men on Adomah because they knew in the middle we had no creative edge it needs to be Forshaw and Clayton for me none of this he's the captian he should play, his form isn't good and he's struggling he wont cut in the Prem but he's the captian he's a leader he should play he cares because when we concede he kicks the air, Im not saying he doesn't care he definitely wants promotion and cares a great deal but he isn't the same player as last year. Clayton has the legs on him to do the defensive work and Forshaw is more attack minded that's my argument for why they should play. He's not shy of a tackle I'll though but he isn't a dominant as he use to be in midfield and teams are starting to learn that.

Stuani just isn't a winger I would like to see him upfront he's brilliant at controlling the ball and running with people in front of him but he hasn't got the speed to be a winger I don't know why he hasn't scored as many apart from the fact he hasn't played as much but it don't think its his fault that his performance wasn't great he just isn't a winger.

I feel sorry for Rhodes he had no real chances at all last night there was once in the first half when Gaston played him the ball and he didn't control it but he wasn't expecting it because I certainly wasn't Gaston had miles of space to run into the box and let Rhodes get in the box and he give him it to early apart from that he fed of scraps Nugent was the same until the game sometimes they are 15 20 yards outside the box when they get the ball and they haven't got a chance there not going to beat 3 or 4 men there not that type of striker.

Gaston is a genius but it doesn't always work he kept trying though and for that he gets a big thumbs up because he could of let his head drop like a lot of Southampton fans say he does but he never he kept going he made some brilliant tackles some where in our own half and some of his runs are brilliant they don't always work but I'd rather have him trying to do them than not.

Overall a fantastic win which I was and still am buzzing from 3 pts was more important that the performance and I said that before the game and they players deserve credit because they kept going till the end. But the reality is we must improve if we are to get these wins everyone keeps saying we need we must improve every game will be hard most teams we play are playing for something a lot of them will try to frustrate us a make it difficult but its in our hands and I know we can do it COME ON BORO!!

It was truly an entertaining day of sport for me firstly watching a massive England win in the T20 then Boro win last night.

It can be painful to watch as it progresses but boy the right result is all that matters sometimes

Wow what a finish to the game.  I thought we'd just have to settle for a point but finally a bit of quality from Adomah and then a bit more quality from Nugent and the three points are in the bag albeit undeservedly.

Tonight may well have been one of those nights where performance is irrelevant but it's difficult for me to be too upbeat about that side of things.  I thought it wasn't that far removed from Charlton to be honest, minus the defensive mistakes.  The actual game, the performance, our tempo, weren't too much different.  To some extent it might have been expected given our last two games but still nothing to shout about.  Three points though - absolutely massive.

I thought Gibson looked more like himself tonight and was ably assisted by Kalas who I thought had a good game.  I haven't been a big fan of Kalas in central defence but he did well to be fair.  I do wonder if Hull helped that playing Aluko though.  Nsue other than his crossing did well enough and Clayton I thought was his usual busy self but other than that the other performances were patchy at best and in some cases just poor.

Leadbitter wasn't good enough again.  He started the first half giving the ball away cheaply, continued the half seemingly trying to pass to Clayton every time he had a Hull player next to him and finished it getting booked for kicking the ball away after we conceded a freekick on the edge of their area?  Why?  He then forced Clayton into getting booked in the second half when he gave him another idiotic pass and finally seemed to be pushing further forward without any kind of effect.  He shouldn't have been in the team after last weekend's effort but the fact that he not only made it back in but lasted the full game demonstrates the issue we have with Karanka as our manager unfortunately.  I feel for Forshaw but it's just bad management pure and simple in my opinion.  I'd be staggered if anyone can keep defending this now.

Stuani was another one whose presence is starting to be baffling now.  He doesn't add anything to us other than this idea that if he gets into the area and if we can get him the ball he might score.  The problem is that if that doesn't happen then he is a complete waste of space.  He looks so ungainly and uncoordinated at times that I half expect to see him trip over the ball at some point.  His touch is poor and because he clearly isn't confident running with the ball he often stops or turns back, which in turn slows us down.  He's another player whose performances simply don't justify selection.

Friend was again back to being sloppy and just generally nothing like this best but again seems to be in the side regardless.  Could James Husband really not do better than this?  On the other side Nsue actually did a lot of things well but his crossing is mostly poor so however often we get him into good positions it's wasted most of the time.  Adomah tried but was guilty of too much sloppy play himself, whether it was a poor touch here or a poor cross there.  In his defence I think being moved from left to right every other game can't be helping him.  Thankfully he got one bit right and in the end that was enough.  Ramirez maybe showed tonight why he didn't make it in the Premier League.  Looking good against weaker opposition is all well and good but against the first truly decent side he struggled.  Keeping hold of the ball too long at times being one of the problems.  Rhodes continues to show how unsuited he is to us.  

Tonight was all about the result, we desperately needed a win and in the context of this week and the season as a whole it could mean so much.  But the performance levels still weren't there and we have two weeks to try and sort a number of things out.  It's time for Karanka to be the great manager some on here seem to think he is.  It could be the making of him or clearly expose his limitations.  I hope for him and us that it's the former.

^^^ Cracking post. So many good points. I still can't understand where the exciting Boro from the Brighton/Derby matches has gone. I just hope we can sort something out in the next two weeks.

Be careful what you post here though CT. You might get threatened with an ice cream van.

I thought I'd post a few quotes from the Hull forum. It's uncanny how they could apply to us too (if not last night, then some of the previous matches), and maybe if we had conceded in the last minute (which we have been), not them:

"we aren't worthy of going up if we can't score Anyways... **** this. We should have walked this league . It's a massive failure if we don't go up".

"Actually we did deserve it. We are generally great at defending , ok in midfield , ****ing clueless up front".

"We are cowardly. If you play such an insipid, defensive style of football, with no attacking ambition at all then you get what you ****ing deserve."

"The fact of the matter is, it has not been working for weeks. YET he still does the same bloody setup AGAIN!!! No ****ing clue. That game AGAIN was there for the taking and as we have no idea what to do in the final third we have dropped massive points. Pathetic"

And this one finally, because it was funny:

"I'm ****ing so annoyed about that Boro you robbing ***s"

Finally... before I get strung up. I love the Boro, and I'm delighted we won last night. I just think we still have issues.

Boro 1- Hull City 0 - GET IN !!!

Finally this was another post from the Hull City forum. I thought it was interesting, because many of us, myself included have been disappointed with Nugent sometimes this season, so it was interesting to read:

"Cos he's [Nugent] a ****ing good striker yet he's on their bench. Almost every team in this league has a striker miles better than any of ours. Yes Abel has scored goals but anyone should in this team. He does **** all 90% of the time. Put Nugent in our team and we win the league. Same goes for loads of Championship strikers.

Smash and grab yes but it happens every week at the moment. It's not luck. We have the best defence in the country but even we can't rely on a clean sheet. Freak goals happen. We've had this lesson so many ****ing times under Bruce. You've just got to score some ****ing goals."

Cheers.... And COME ON BORO !!

Well what a win last night!! Bit fuzzy at work this morning!!

Thought it was a good advert for the championship, had a premier league feel about it. Both teams cancelled each other out for large parts. Hull really impressed me as a defensive until and the broke quickly a couple times. I was impressed how they took Adomah's threat out of the game by doubling up and preventing from coming in.

Going to start with the negatives then move onto the positives. Most had a good game.

Negatives

Friend - Look slow laboured and sloppy to me. Gave the ball away a few times in in their half and set up some counter attacks which we could have be punished for. Just not been the same since about November for me

Stuani - First touch was awful, again another one sloppy in possession, thought it was the right decision he was taken off. Was our poorest player on the pitch

Leadbitter - he played okay, he gave us the shape we needed in defence. But on the ball he had his shortcomings again. That said right decision to play him, don't think the game would have suited Forshaw.

Positives.

Though we were hungry, we looked like we had the hunger back. We were very good first half, and shaded that period for me. Think we had a lot of the ball.

Never say die attitude last night battled to the end, got the 3 points. Reminded me of the Derby game in a sense, 2 teams playing high level football and then a late sucker punch from us. Take those 2 wins and its the late goals that makes them even more special.

I thought we were defensively solid. Kalas was a real plus last night and I think as a centre back if he was played there regularly he could become a top player. Very comfortable on the ball. Think he’s a better prospect than Gibson in all honestly. But Gibson starts with Ayala don’t lie.

Adomah/Ramirez - In particular the first half they were our creative forces, they where the ones that were going to make things happen, just thought the played a bit quicker than some of the others and I enjoyed watching them.

All in all very good, and 6 wins to go.

To be fair I think many of us will agree with the excellent summary that CT has posted it just seemed to be a game where some form of unity had to be shown and though it can not effect them a situation whereby the forum and fans got behind the whole team last night.

It is glaringly obvious that we are not a "fixed team" and with plenty of weaknesses throughout but Burnley aside this does seem applicable to all the other teams in and around us.

Looking at some of the displays last night clearly there are a few players who will not simply cut it in the PL but if a bit of lady luck goes our way then are capable of taking us there.

It would be brilliant to see once again those performances we have witnessed where we were simply dominant but this stage of the season then it maybe a case of fingers crossed!

Countdown has begun we have got one win from the mini season out of the way, 9 more to go

We beat the side one place beneath us who have international players including huddelstone so we were never going to run away with it

Last night looked like what it was 2 very good sides that just aren't firing 100% at the moment

But we won got three points and sit in the autos with 9 games to go

No we weren't perfect so what neither were hull and neither are anyone else but all of them apart from burnley would swap with us right now

Wow what a finish to the game.  I thought we'd just have to settle for a point but finally a bit of quality from Adomah and then a bit more quality from Nugent and the three points are in the bag albeit undeservedly.

Tonight may well have been one of those nights where performance is irrelevant but it's difficult for me to be too upbeat about that side of things.  I thought it wasn't that far removed from Charlton to be honest, minus the defensive mistakes.  The actual game, the performance, our tempo, weren't too much different.  To some extent it might have been expected given our last two games but still nothing to shout about.  Three points though - absolutely massive.

I thought Gibson looked more like himself tonight and was ably assisted by Kalas who I thought had a good game.  I haven't been a big fan of Kalas in central defence but he did well to be fair.  I do wonder if Hull helped that playing Aluko though.  Nsue other than his crossing did well enough and Clayton I thought was his usual busy self but other than that the other performances were patchy at best and in some cases just poor.

Leadbitter wasn't good enough again.  He started the first half giving the ball away cheaply, continued the half seemingly trying to pass to Clayton every time he had a Hull player next to him and finished it getting booked for kicking the ball away after we conceded a freekick on the edge of their area?  Why?  He then forced Clayton into getting booked in the second half when he gave him another idiotic pass and finally seemed to be pushing further forward without any kind of effect.  He shouldn't have been in the team after last weekend's effort but the fact that he not only made it back in but lasted the full game demonstrates the issue we have with Karanka as our manager unfortunately.  I feel for Forshaw but it's just bad management pure and simple in my opinion.  I'd be staggered if anyone can keep defending this now.

Stuani was another one whose presence is starting to be baffling now.  He doesn't add anything to us other than this idea that if he gets into the area and if we can get him the ball he might score.  The problem is that if that doesn't happen then he is a complete waste of space.  He looks so ungainly and uncoordinated at times that I half expect to see him trip over the ball at some point.  His touch is poor and because he clearly isn't confident running with the ball he often stops or turns back, which in turn slows us down.  He's another player whose performances simply don't justify selection.

Friend was again back to being sloppy and just generally nothing like this best but again seems to be in the side regardless.  Could James Husband really not do better than this?  On the other side Nsue actually did a lot of things well but his crossing is mostly poor so however often we get him into good positions it's wasted most of the time.  Adomah tried but was guilty of too much sloppy play himself, whether it was a poor touch here or a poor cross there.  In his defence I think being moved from left to right every other game can't be helping him.  Thankfully he got one bit right and in the end that was enough.  Ramirez maybe showed tonight why he didn't make it in the Premier League.  Looking good against weaker opposition is all well and good but against the first truly decent side he struggled.  Keeping hold of the ball too long at times being one of the problems.  Rhodes continues to show how unsuited he is to us.  

Tonight was all about the result, we desperately needed a win and in the context of this week and the season as a whole it could mean so much.  But the performance levels still weren't there and we have two weeks to try and sort a number of things out.  It's time for Karanka to be the great manager some on here seem to think he is.  It could be the making of him or clearly expose his limitations.  I hope for him and us that it's the former.

As absolute 100% honest assessment of last nights performance, we created virtually nothing(as did Hull), Clayton was cleaning up Leadbitters mistakes, everyone around me in the North stand (including myself) were going off on one, I thought the game was poor. Text from my brother "Knew this would be dull u wouldn't believe these two are near the top of the league" couldn't disagree with that. Karanka is the only man in Teesside who actually believes Stuani is a wide right player, and how he thinks Leadbitter is a better footballer than Forshaw is unbelievable.

I went ecstatic when we scored,great result, great cross, great header, but once again an uncreative poor dogged laboured performance.

We ain't good to watch, we are a workman like side, that lacks flair.