oneBoro Forum

I'm honestly not massively bothered about our playing style if we're getting results. When we click, it has shown that we can play good football under Karanka (Brighton, Cardiff, Sheff wed away, Bolton etc). When it comes to playing the big teams like Hull, I'm never expecting a 3-0 and neither do I care. There's a reason why Karanka has got such a good record against the better teams, he knows how to set them up in the big games.

I said before last night that id take a scrappy 1-0 win, and that's what we got. When we play Burnley, QPR and Birmingham I'll also take a scrappy 1-0 win, the result is all that matters.

I'm not saying Karanka has got it all spot on, as clearly we lack something against the lower teams, as results have shown, but last night was about getting the job done after a horrendous week for our club, against a very good team.

Job done.

Great result, just don't like the style of football, one shot on target in 90 mins, Hull keeper not a shot to save.

We had two shots on target thank you very much, the other was off the line. :P

And I think we would have had a lot more if not for Hull's resolute defending. The number of times albert was in the same position as the one when he put the all important cross in, but was shepherded back towards his own goal by two Hull defenders was incredible.

I think yesterday was more a case of Hull stopping us playing than our attacking failures (although we definitely could/should break better/faster!)

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm honestly not massively bothered about our playing style if we're getting results. When we click, it has shown that we can play good football under Karanka (Brighton, Cardiff, Sheff wed away, Bolton etc). When it comes to playing the big teams like Hull, I'm never expecting a 3-0 and neither do I care. There's a reason why Karanka has got such a good record against the better teams, he knows how to set them up in the big games.

I said before last night that id take a scrappy 1-0 win, and that's what we got. When we play Burnley, QPR and Birmingham I'll also take a scrappy 1-0 win, the result is all that matters.

I'm not saying Karanka has got it all spot on, as clearly we lack something against the lower teams, as results have shown, but last night was about getting the job done after a horrendous week for our club, against a very good team.

Job done.

Great result, just don't like the style of football, one shot on target in 90 mins, Hull keeper not a shot to save.

We had two shots on target thank you very much, the other was off the line. :P

Forgot about the header.

Well I for one am still buzzing. This was a really important win and it felt like we were all together again. It was always going to be nervous and tight, both teams desperate not to lose. The performances will come back as we grow in confidence. I'm going to enjoy my weekend and look forward to the rugby tonight. :D

It's no wonder people avoid this place after a loss if this is the reaction when we win.

Yep, doom and gloom central. I'm buzzing this morning, just sitting down for Soccer Saturday, hoping for Dons and Wolves to cause an upset.

No point in repeating what everyone else has already said so I'll throw a few exclusives in, so to speak:

- I thought Friend instigated our push for the win in the last 15 minutes or so. He started to get stuck in and battled in the corner to force things. He could easily have let his poor game get him down and struggle with confidence but he was one of the few leaders in the final quarter.

- Leadbitter didn't have the best of games but I feel that if we had brought Forshaw on and lost one of our DMs Hull's midfield would have completely overran us, more so than they were doing. I like Forshaw but I'd prefer Leadbitter in the final run in now, he's experienced and a leader and HAS shown he has the quality to be one of our better players.

- Nugent works a lot better as a super sub for me, when the game is 70 minutes in and legs are tired the last thing the opposition want is a fiesty David Nugent running at them causing trouble. Rhodes WILL score goals for us, so I think we need to stick with him but not sure Karana will against QPR.

Why?

He picked up a stupid, petulant booking yesterday that a real leader never would have let happen.

No point in repeating what everyone else has already said so I'll throw a few exclusives in, so to speak:

- I thought Friend instigated our push for the win in the last 15 minutes or so. He started to get stuck in and battled in the corner to force things. He could easily have let his poor game get him down and struggle with confidence but he was one of the few leaders in the final quarter.

- Leadbitter didn't have the best of games but I feel that if we had brought Forshaw on and lost one of our DMs Hull's midfield would have completely overran us, more so than they were doing. I like Forshaw but I'd prefer Leadbitter in the final run in now, he's experienced and a leader and HAS shown he has the quality to be one of our better players.

- Nugent works a lot better as a super sub for me, when the game is 70 minutes in and legs are tired the last thing the opposition want is a fiesty David Nugent running at them causing trouble. Rhodes WILL score goals for us, so I think we need to stick with him but not sure Karana will against QPR.

Why?

He picked up a stupid, petulant booking yesterday that a real leader never would have let happen.

I'm sure Keane got a lot more yellows than that for a bit of petulance

The talk of us being a boring team to watch sort of grinds on me. Yes we are not a free flowing flair team but how many teams in any of the top divisions are now. Football has changed from the days of we will score more then you. Just watch any super sunday game on Sky most are slow paced with a one goal swing.