Huddersfield (H)

Preston(H)

Reading(H)

Bolton(A)

Burnley(A)

Ipswich(H)

Birmingham(A)

Brighton(H)

I had a quick look at Hull's run in and my heart sank. They couldn't choose an easier run in if they tried  :s

I know they have to pick up their form but if they do it looks decidedly ominous.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll list the fixtures of each club involved later....but i had a quick look at Hull's run in and my heart sank. They couldn't choose an easier run in if they tried  :s

I know they have to pick up their form but if they do it looks decidedly ominous.

Don't write off Brighton either, I think we are buggered personally. :)

But 6 out of 10 games are at home so if we win them (18 pts) and get 2 or 3 wins away from home we're in with a very good chance but I do not know what to expect

I'd rather have games against teams in and around us. Both because we can stop them gaining points and we do seem to perform better in those games! Hull have shown that they slip up against the poorer teams as much as we do.

I think the mini league between us Burnley Brighton and Hull will be decisive. If we can get at least 7 points (a tall order) from them I am confident we can do it. Burnley seem to be moving away but the other 3 teams have have struggled once losing that one game. They have a tricky set of fixtures coming up. Although if we fail to go up automatically I would prefer it to be Hull that got the top 2 than Brighton.

There's no excuses, its in our hands, and if we don't go up then only us to blame, we'll have bottled it.

We keep talking about the quality of our squad, if we don't go up, you would have to think we've been kidding ourselves about how good we really are, good players don't blow it 2 years on the trot.

I sometimes don't think we give credit to other teams squads. Hull have got a squad as good if not better than ours. And Burnley have good squad too.

Hull have got a good squad, an on form Huddlestone would arguably be the best midfielder in the league.

Burnley invested well with Gray.

I sometimes don't think we give credit to other teams squads. Hull have got a squad as good if not better than ours. And Burnley have good squad too.

This. People are so quick to criticise our own faults but fail to recognise the quality of the teams around us as the reason we might not go up.

Yes we've ballsed up a few times but so have others around us throughout the season.

If we're being honest looking at our fixtures since Brentford, we should have been clear, and it should have been catch us if you can.

Yes we should, but Hull could say the same thing as us and Burnley to a lesser extent. Every team in the league could look back and say if only we had won this game and that.

But 6 out of 10 games are at home so if we win them (18 pts) and get 2 or 3 wins away from home we're in with a very good chance but I do not know what to expect

So basically, 9 wins out of 10 games?

You made that sound so difficult...

We just need to wint the right games.

Top 4 teams play against each other

Boro v Hull

Brighton v Burnley

Burnley v Boro

Boro v Brighton

In my opinion, if Burnley beat Brighton and we win all three + our game in hand we're up with a smaller points tally needed.

If that DOES happen Burnley will be up and we will be second UNLESS:

Hull will have to make up 4 points from their other remaining games and bettering our goal difference.

Brighton will have to make up 5 points + goal difference from their other remaining games. POTENTIALLY 8 POINTS if we win the same game week Brighton lose to Burnley.

Those 4 games and our game in hand are absolutely crucial.

I've rules out Burnley having an absolute shocker :D

If we're being honest looking at our fixtures since Brentford, we should have been clear, and it should have been catch us if you can.

Yes we should, but Hull could say the same thing as us and Burnley to a lesser extent. Every team in the league could look back and say if only we had won this game and that.

There's a hull fan at work who isn't confident in the slightest of finishing top two.

I really don't understand the overrating of their squad, the fact that it's still in our own hands after the results we've had recently says everything about the teams around us.

Burnley will run away with it now but 2nd spot could be one of the lowest points gained for a long time as I don't see any of the chasing pack suddenly winning 7+ of their remaining games.