• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pipe down? Anyway, just checked and my first post since 7 January. I did say at the time I'd leave you in peace and pop back towards the end of the season.

To be honest I still don't think we'll be top two because I'd rather if/when it didn't happen I wouldn't be quite so disappointed, that's the theory anyway. But looking at current form, us 21 points in 10, Burnley 24 points in 10, I fail to see them as running away with it currently. I think we'll be top three with my thinking Hull will finish 4th despite their run in. Form and top four hasn't really counted for anything recently and for all four of us, right now, every game is a cup final.

Pipe down? Anyway, just checked and my first post since 7 January. I did say at the time I'd leave you in peace and pop back towards the end of the season.

To be honest I still don't think we'll be top two because I'd rather if/when it didn't happen I wouldn't be quite so disappointed, that's the theory anyway. But looking at current form, us 21 points in 10, Burnley 24 points in 10, I fail to see them as running away with it currently. I think we'll be top three with my thinking Hull will finish 4th despite their run in. Form and top four hasn't really counted for anything recently and for all four of us, right now, every game is a cup final.

Don't worry I didn't mean any offence :) To be honest, if I had the choice Id have you lot coming up with us. Sadly, I still think Burnley will go up, not sure if they will run away with it though, so it's between us, Brighton, and Hull for that second spot.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd like to see Brighton go up, as long as it wasn't to our detriment.

I'm not writing your lot off any more! Took me a while to take you seriously though, I will admit.

Brighton have a very good team and a manager who has been promoted before, as do Hull and Burnley. It is certainly going down to the final day. All 4 teams deserve to be in the premiership, unfortunately at least 1 will miss out. Just hope its not us.

Burnley and Brighton are the form teams and probably the favourites at the moment imo

Brighton have a very good team and a manager who has been promoted before, as do Hull and Burnley. It is certainly going down to the final day. All 4 teams deserve to be in the premiership, unfortunately at least 1 will miss out. Just hope its not us.

Burnley and Brighton are the form teams and probably the favourites at the moment imo

This has a feel about it like last season there was 4 teams and one had to miss out in the end it was us, I imagine we have a set of players who don't want that to be the case this time around.

Form is temporary as we have seen we've all dropped points and all looked like world beaters when we're on top it's funny that who ever looks good for 4 or 5 games instantly get labelled favourites for long periods burnley looked awful and Brighton after the defeat to us looked nothing like a promotion chasing team we looked amazing early on as did hull best squad in the leagues people keep saying its a funny old game

This has a feel about it like last season there was 4 teams and one had to miss out in the end it was us, I imagine we have a set of players who don't want that to be the case this time around.

Form is temporary as we have seen we've all dropped points and all looked like world beaters when we're on top it's funny that who ever looks good for 4 or 5 games instantly get labelled favourites for long periods burnley looked awful and Brighton after the defeat to us looked nothing like a promotion chasing team we looked amazing early on as did hull best squad in the leagues people keep saying its a funny old game

Looking at the fixtures we could have a slight edge, 5 games left at home, 3 against fairly average teams, 1 against Ipswich and then Brighton.

That Brighton game could be like another playoff final

If we can win them 3 home games in a row against Huddersfield, Preston and Reading then I think the momentum that we will have gained will surely push us on to one of the automatic promotion spots, provided that we get our away form back to a average to decent standard. Huddersfield will be without Husband and Preston will be without Reach so their teams will be disrupted due to their loan arrangements which will be helpful for us.

I know I'm speaking the bleeding obvious but key to automatic promotion is getting Ayala back. If we get him back fit and performing to his high standards then I'll be confident about automatic promotion. If we don't it'll be a scrap where it'll probably be decided on the last day of the season. The Brighton game could be a massive help if we stumble and they get their noses in front of us.

I'm confident of a top two finish. AK has two weeks to resolve any outstanding issues. We are a good side,that has experienced a severe drop in form. I just hope that we do not see Adomah playing on the left wing again. I'm sure the players must realise this is likely to be the last chance saloon for promotion.

Brighton to play Burnley next - not sure if this has been mentioned but I think any result is good for us!

I think a draw would be the best result though, especially after a Boro win the night before!