oneBoro Forum

Thicko question alert!

If you have an Xbox 360 can you play games with or against people with an Xbox One or are they regarded as separate platforms?

If you can't then if you have an Xbox One and you're using an Xbox 360 game (I believe you can do this?) does that mean that you can play with or against Xbox 360 users or does it still act as a different platform?

Cheers.

Depends on the game, if you're playing a backwards compatible 360 game on the Xbox One then the multiplayer games are played on 360 servers, so you'd be playing people using a 360 or people using the BC feature on the One.

However if you're playing an Xbox One game you'll only play against other One users, even if the game is available on both platforms (FIFA/COD/GTA/etc)

There's only about 140/150 titles on the backwards compatible list too at the minute but they're adding more as and when they're tested on the servers, usually drop another two or three every fortnight or so

I understand that M$ are to move towards opening their system to Sony users. This goes right against the flow of previous M$ practice which has always been to introduce incompatibilities with existing hardware and software, even their own. The policy goes all the way back to using '\' for file path separators when everyone else used '/' so it's a notable development.

Have Sony got a lot more users or something? ;)

I understand that M$ are to move towards opening their system to Sony users. This goes right against the flow of previous M$ practice which has always been to introduce incompatibilities with existing hardware and software, even their own. The policy goes all the way back to using '\' for file path separators when everyone else used '/' so it's a notable development.

Have Sony got a lot more users or something? ;)

I think it's a real step forward, console wars are all well and good as you can drive up sales through IPs and exclusives but as a gamer you're always missing half (or in this generation, 90% if you're still an Xbox user  :( ) of your social circle due simply to some people preferring Uncharted and some preferring Halo or one of the many other better games that are exclusively on the Xbox :P

It might even up the developer's game as they'd have to create better IPs and exclusives to sell consoles, as people wouldn't just all be buying Playstations because their friends are all on Playstations

Playstation Exclusives:

- Unbelievable immersive gameplay & storyline from games such as Heavy Rain & Beyond: Two Souls and The Last of Us and other games by the same developer which will be released undoubtedly.

- Gran Turismo racing games, probably the best there ever was

- Infamous games, amazing storyline & you get to become a home-grown superhero

- Unchartered games - Never liked them but they're ridiculously popular

- Lots of indie games if you're into that sort of thing

- Free games every month

- LOW COST VIRTUAL REALITY!

Xbox exclusives:

- Halo if you're into space shooters

- Quantum Break (Looks amazing)

- Probably many others but I don't care as I have a PS4

WiiU Exclusives:

- Zelda & traditional Nintendo trademarks!

- Probably many others but I'm not 10 years old so I haven't looked into it

I hate the whole you have to be a child to want to play nintendo. Some of the best/most fun games have been on a Nintendo console.

Im 22 and my brother bought me a Nintendo3ds for my birthday, I picked up Pokemon yellow for it and my god the nostalgia! Takes me back to my childhood and is still fun to pick up and play and keeps me entertained on the regular flights!

Yeah maybe I was a bit harsh with that, a lot of the games are kids stuff though. Saying that, I'd still play Pokemon, Zelda, Mario Bros etc.

Nintendo are releasing a new console in the next year or two. If it's any more geared towards adults, I'll probably pick that up!

I hate the whole you have to be a child to want to play nintendo. Some of the best/most fun games have been on a Nintendo console.

They've also clearly never played Eternal Darkness on the Cube. :D