oneBoro Forum

Maximum points tallys

Just realistic Kam. We're prone to slip ups and I think it's because we put ourselves under pressure by relying on lean sheets

I think it's Preston we'll drop points to for some reason. 

They're difficult to score against.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just realistic Kam. We're prone to slip ups and I think it's because we put ourselves under pressure by relying on lean sheets

I think it's Preston we'll drop points to for some reason. 

They're difficult to score against.

It would be typical of us to win the 3 home games then go and lose to Bolton.

Its the Reading game im worried about, they seem to have become a bit of a bogey team recently, 4 defeats against them in a row and i don't think weve scored. The home game last season we absolutely battered them and lost 1-0.

*Edit - 3 defeats and a 0-0 draw, 4 games without scoring against them was correct however.

Well. What a night for the Boro and Brighton. Burnley dropping 2 and Hull dropping three, getting a man sent off and losing by four goals. Absolute howler.

So the amount of points needed to *GUARANTEE* promotion is now 93. The highest any third place team can now finish is 92. With our GD, if Burnley lose one more game and we beat Burnley. 90pts would take us up for sure.

But realistically, it won't take that many points and we are getting closer to the magical 88 points people speak of. With 7 games and 21 points available, we need another 12 to hit this figure. 4 wins or 3 wins and 3 draws should do it boys and girls. COME ON.

Although we are second, I feel very much like we are in the strongest position in the league.

1)Burnley Beat Boro & Boro beat Brighton

BURNLEY - 95

MIDDLESBROUGH - 94

BRIGHTON – 90

HULL P38 PTS - 90

2)Burnley beat Boro & Brighton beat Boro

BURNLEY - 95

BRIGHTON – 93

MIDDLESBROUGH – 91

HULL P38 PTS - 90

3)Burnley beat Boro & Boro draw with Brighton

BURNLEY – 95

MIDDLESBROUGH - 92

BRIGHTON – 91

HULL - 90

4)Boro beat Burnley & Boro beat Brighton :

MIDDLESBROUGH - 97

BURNLEY – 92

BRIGHTON – 90

HULL P38 PTS - 90

5)Boro beat Burnley & Brighton beat Boro

MIDDLESBROUGH - 94

BRIGHTON - 93

BURNLEY – 92

HULL – 90

6)Boro beat Burnley & Boro draw with Brighton

MIDDLESBROUGH – 95

BURNLEY – 92

BRIGHTON – 91

HULL - 90

7)Burnley draw with Boro & Boro beat Brighton

MIDDLESBROUGH – 95

BURNLEY - 93

BRIGHTON – 90

HULL - 90

8)Burnley draw with Boro & Brighton beat Boro

BURNLEY - 93

BRIGHTON – 93

MIDDLESBROUGH – 92

HULL - 90

9)Burnley draw with Boro & Boro draw with Brighton

BURNLEY – 93

MIDDLESBROUGH - 93

BRIGHTON - 91

HULL – 90

It's getting very interesting at the top. It's starting to look like it's going to be between 3 teams for the top 2 spots, I prefer those odds to 2 into 1, which is why I was adamant that I didn't want a Burnley win last Saturday even if it would have temporarily left us in 3rd place. It's great that Burnley's winning streak has ended, they looked invincible a few weeks back (a bit like Hull) but it's a crazy league and form does indeed seem to be temporary.

Brighton are looking like they have upped their game and are winning by the odd goal again, the last game of the season is going to be fascinating, many of us hope by then it will be irrelevant or maybe a game where both teams need a draw to go up, could this be the new Austria v W.Germany?

Another way of looking at this game is that if things don't quite go to plan it could be a "get out of jail free card". Perish the thought, but if we were to find ourselves 3 points behind Brighton with a game to go, it does mean that providing our goal difference remains superior, which it ought to, automatic promotion is still in our hands. I hope it doesn't come to that but our home record is very good. Anyway 1 game at a time and all that, 4 more wins ought to do it.

UTB

I dont think 88 points will be enough. I suspect that we will need at least 90. I would want us to secure promotion before the final game. For the sake of my sanity.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2015-2016/versus-top-half

looking forward to saturday after seeing the form vs top half teams.

i think the reason we are far better against the better teams is simply due to concentration. we have taken our foot off the gas vs the rubbish teams thinking it will be easy. its the reason AK has probably blew his top with the players and almost walked out. very unprofessional. 

we'll be on our guard against the better teams. looking at the upcoming fixtures:-

preston gave us a decent game at their place and have done well this season. i dont think we'll take them lightly at all.

reading beat us 2-0 you can beat your life the lads want some payback for that one, they have some decent players to, i think we'll be on our game.

bolton, massive banana skin if ever there was one. 

burnley, i see another brighton away performance coming here. get the job done with ease.

ipswich, tricky game, they have been poor or ages and i think we'll beat these, we know they can play so will be on our game.

brum, their form have dropped off but still have a few decent players, this could be a bit of a struggle esp if we have just beat ipswich and burnley, we'd probably think we'd already had the job done.

brighton, if we fail vs burnley and brum this will be a must win game.  hopefully its not a game we dont turn up in.

well not much has changed. Tight at the top and top three haven't dropped any points.

Only difference is Hull are effectively out of the race. Too much to ask for them to catch 2 of the three.

It's becoming less likely that 88 points will be enough. Taking into consideration the Brighton/Burnley results have already been accounted for, it still takes a minimum of 93pts to secure an auto spot - OR 92 with superior goal difference.

Points to note:

- IF Burnley beat us, they need to drop 8 points from 4 games to finish on 87 points.

- IF Brighton beat us, we need them to drop 6 points from 4 games to finish on 87 points.

- If Burnley lose against B'ham at the weekend, points to guarantee promotion doesn't change.

- If Brighton lose at Fulham, points to guarantee promotion becomes 91. - for us this is 4 wins or 3 wins 3 draws. Or 90 will be enough with superior goal difference.

Don't think 88 will enough this year to be honest, in previous years maybe, but with all three of the top three already on 78 and over with 5 to play?

Its most likely that all three of the top three will win at least 3 out of 5 which would put at least the third placed team on 87...think its going to take a little more this year.

Was having a chat on Saturday with lads looking at worst case scenarios, in regards to the top two spots. We all agreed that it was nice to have the Brighton game at home as a "fail safe" of sorts. If somehow we end up 3 points behind Brighton on the last day of the season we can still win and go up automatically due to our goal difference. It's good to have that option however much unlikely or horrid it sounds.

Was having a chat on Saturday with lads looking at worst case scenarios, in regards to the top two spots. We all agreed that it was nice to have the Brighton game at home as a "fail safe" of sorts. If somehow we end up 3 points behind Brighton on the last day of the season we can still win and go up automatically due to our goal difference. It's good to have that option however much unlikely or horrid it sounds.

If we don't win at least one of our games at Burnley and Birmingham I get the feeling Brighton will be a must not lose scenario.