•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this'll happen:

Win vs Bolton

Draw vs Burnley

Win vs Ipswich

Draw vs Birmingham

Win vs Brighton

Which should see us promoted. Although that Burnley game is impossible to call and will be so influential.

I think this'll happen:

Win vs Bolton

Draw vs Burnley

Win vs Ipswich

Draw vs Birmingham

Win vs Brighton

Which should see us promoted. Although that Burnley game is impossible to call and will be so influential.

"should"

it 100% would, there is literally no way we wouldn't get promoted if we don't lose again before the end of the season.

I think there's 1 more defeat in there though, Ipswich or Birmingham I think.

I think if we drew all our games and Burnley and Brighton won their games other than against us, we'd still finish 3rd so it's not 100% guaranteed but it's something like 4 points difference. So a couple of wins and 3 draws would certainly get us over the line if the goal difference gap stays pretty similar. If one of those wins was against Brighton, we'd be certain to go up.

I think if we drew all our games and Burnley and Brighton won their games other than against us, we'd still finish 3rd so it's not 100% guaranteed but it's something like 4 points difference. So a couple of wins and 3 draws would certainly get us over the line if the goal difference gap stays pretty similar. If one of those wins was against Brighton, we'd be certain to go up.

Sorry yeah you're right, I should have been a bit more specific, I guess I was referring to his specific set of results :P

88 points is the golden target, never has anyone been above 88 points and not been promoted automatically. well since sunderland(90) and charlton(88) in 98. seems the last time we went up was a freakishly strong year.

We're essentially 5 points ahead of Brighton, due to our +12 goal difference, with there being a maximum of 15 points left for them to potentially gain so things are looking very promising at the moment. If we beat Bolton on Saturday then promotion will be within touching distance.

I just don't think we'll pick up three wins in the next three and i'm looking at where our 3rd 4th and 5th wins are coming from. Bolton is one of them. Ipswich needs to be another. Dropping points there will kill confidence going into the last two.

you thought wrong  :D :D

I think this season, 88 might not be enough. All top 3 teams are in pretty good form going into the final 5. We're 7 points and 3 places better off than we were last season but there's effectively one less challenger due to Hull seemingly dropping off.

The top 4 after 41 last season looked like this:

1. Bournemouth - 77

2. Norwich - 76

3. Watford - 76

4. Boro - 75

This time:

1. Boro - 82

2. Burnley - 80

3. Brighton - 78

4. Hull - 70(+3?)

All the top 3 are better off than the top 3 last season. For the league to finish the same as the last season points wise but keep the same teams, out of 15 potential points we'd have to drop 7, Burnley would have to drop 6 and Brighton would have to drop 7. I don't see that scenario playing out.

Two more wins, that's all it will take, what a night.

Are you just basing this on getting to 88 points Billy? Like Wilson said, I think the bar is set higher this year.. Think it will take more than that.

Two more wins, that's all it will take, what a night.

Are you just basing this on getting to 88 points Billy? Like Wilson said, I think the bar is set higher this year.. Think it will take more than that.

I'm basing it on calculations from about 10 games ago, but I'm still optimistic that if we win our next 2, we'll be up. I think that realistically we may end up drawing with Burnley, which won't be a bad result. If we win 2 and draw 1 from our next 3, I think we'll be as good as up.