• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably one for the Preston thread (where is it, Badger, come on! ;) ), but I hope Ayala starts on Saturday. Nothing against Kalas at all, would just be really nice to see Dani get 90 minutes.

I think we will see some changes Saturday. A lot depends on whether Clayton is passed fit I suppose, if not I'm more than happy with Forshaw in the team.

I'd like to keep a similar team personally mind, maybe with Nugent in for Rhodes for this one.

Probably one for the Preston thread (where is it, Badger, come on! ;) )

Imminent!

An interesting point for the Preston thread..... but if we beat Preston on Saturday, and Cardiff fail to win away to Fulham, then we will have bagged our play off spot with six games to go. GET IN. A pretty impressive feat.

Obviously autos is the objective, but good to get play-offs secured so early.

COME ON BORO !!!

I do not care for the play offs one jot

Yeah, I certainly don't fancy going down the play-off route again! I would LOVE to get top two, and to have it secured before the Brighton game. Here's hoping!

3rd place finisher should get a bye straight through to the final.

I totally agree with that. It was discussed last year.

Someone suggested that a fairer way would be 6th plays 5th. Winner plays 4th. Winner of that plays 3rd at Wembley.

That way if the team that finishes 6th beats 5th, 4th and 3rd in successive matches.... then fair enough.

Certainly seems a bit unfair to completely 'reset to zero' at the start of the play-offs.

I think giving them a bye in the final last season was a bit much though.

It's an interesting idea.  If 6th play 5th, and the winner plays 4th and the winner plays 3rd at Wembley, how long is there between each game? Too long and 3rd place will complain they haven't played for 2 weeks before the final, too short and the 6th/5th team will complain they are playing 3 games in 10 days and aren't fresh enough.

If you eliminate the two leg format, and say highest place gets home advantage..

6th travels to 5th when first leg of semis would be - Winner travels to 4th when second leg of semis would be - Winner plays 3rd at Wembley when the final would normally be