oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston North End 1-0

I think under Mowbray we had a much bigger squad though as well so presumably you get more injuries. I'd also wonder if some of them were maybe less than genuine.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Under Mowbray we seemed to pick up loads of muscle injuries, so much so that we had some sort of post-season investigation into it. I remember the Gazette having an article making a big deal out of it.

Aye I remember that actually. Said mogga was too trusting of the players and expected they would be as professional as him, so he just believed them when they said they were injured

There's this article from during the Mogga era:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20713111

Haroun (Hamstring)

Bikey (Hamstring)

Leadbitter (Hamstring)

Halliday (Achillies)

Hines (Knee)

Woodgate (Calf)

Carayol (Knee)

Arca (Toe)

And that was in December... 3 bloody hamstring injuries! Jesus...

Will keep digging and see what I can find about injury histories for this season and previous. Interested, now...

Back to the game, it was great meeting Pompeysmog for a couple of beers.

Plus got my signed balls finally completed with the addition of Rhodes, Ramirez and the gaffer himself, Mr Karanka!!!!!!

Not sure what to do with them now. I want to raise money so maybe an silent auction or something?

I think under Mowbray we had a much bigger squad though as well so presumably you get more injuries. I'd also wonder if some of them were maybe less than genuine.

We didn't have a bigger squad under Mowbray, mate. Heres the number of players who made 5+ appearances each season:

TONY MOWBRAY

2011/12 - 24

2012/13 - 28

AITOR KARANKA

2013/14 - 26

2014/15 - 22

2015/16 - 22

Back to the game, it was great meeting Pompeysmog for a couple of beers.

Plus got my signed balls finally completed with the addition of Rhodes, Ramirez and the gaffer himself, Mr Karanka!!!!!!

Not sure what to do with them now. I want to raise money so maybe an silent auction or something?

Nice one mate!! Glad you got your balls signed ;)

I think under Mowbray we had a much bigger squad though as well so presumably you get more injuries.  I'd also wonder if some of them were maybe less than genuine.

We didn't have a bigger squad under Mowbray, mate. Heres the number of players who made 5+ appearances each season:

TONY MOWBRAY

2011/12 - 24

2012/13 - 28

AITOR KARANKA

2013/14 - 26

2014/15 - 22

2015/16 - 22

I'm pretty sure we had a first team squad of 35/36 at one point?  Just because many of them didn't play doesn't mean they weren't there bud.  We had bigger first team squads under Mowbray than we have now by some distance I'd bet, they were just full of dross.

There's this article from during the Mogga era:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20713111

Haroun (Hamstring)

Bikey (Hamstring)

Leadbitter (Hamstring)

Halliday (Achillies)

Hines (Knee)

Woodgate (Calf)

Carayol (Knee)

Arca (Toe)

And that was in December... 3 bloody hamstring injuries! Jesus...

Will keep digging and see what I can find about injury histories for this season and previous. Interested, now...

If I remember correctly we had a problem with hamstring injuries and club has installed a sand pit for the players to train on to help reduce the number of injuries

Well if they're all sat building sandcastles all day it means they can't knack their hamstrings doing all that running around.