Boro v Preston North End 1-0

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Well i've exiled myself from participating in the last 3 games and we've won them all. Bad news is i've just arrived at the in laws and will be going to this. Unlike Aphex though, i've not seen us lose or draw at home since AK took over (14 wins). So a nervy 1-0 for me

After beating Hull, QPR and Huddersfield, the team will be on a high and we're scoring goals, our A game beats Preston's all day long, they can park the bus or do whatever, but we have more than enough quality to win this, and win it well, 2-0 Boro.

Well who would have thought a few weeks ago just how significant this game is going to be!

Yes we will already know the Burnley result before kick off but more significantly is the fact that Brighton do not play until Monday evening so a win against Preston is essential as it could impact the Monday result to an extent.

Imagine 4 points off third place before Monday and with the game on Tuesday to either establish that point gap or even enhance it should results go our way.

The confidence a win could bring to everyone concerned is massive and I believe pivotal towards the Tuesday night game against Reading.

PNE will not be a walk in the park and I hope Boro approach the game in a ruthless manner and get the game done and dusted as soon as possible.

This is an enormous game for us and one possibly worthy of my seldom used phrase therefore I do not hesitate is stating that this game could be declared as THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON......so far!!! for all the reasons mentioned.

Ps Good op again Boro Badger...well done and also a two clear goal win for the Boro

Preston picked up 3 injuries midweek plus they are losing Reach. I don't think this game is going to be any harder than Huddersfield as a consequence. If there are any doubts about Clayton and Gibson then AK will surely rest them for Reading. Forshaw and Ayala will be ready to step in. Other than that no changes for me. I am going for an optimistic 4-0. We could have got at least that on Tuesday. UTB!

Going for 3-1 again as we are starting to click up front.

The 3 behind are again going to be key as when Albert , Ramirez and Stewey are on form we look unbeatable so I just hope they are at it again on saturday. I think Rhodes will again start but as others have said wouldn't be shocked to see Nugent get a game

Rhodes/Nigent to get the first with another from Ramirez and one from Downing

Preston picked up 3 injuries midweek plus they are losing Reach. I don't think this game is going to be any harder than Huddersfield as a consequence. If there are any doubts about Clayton and Gibson then AK will surely rest them for Reading. Forshaw and Ayala will be ready to step in. Other than that no changes for me. I am going for an optimistic 4-0. We could have got at least that on Tuesday. UTB!

I dont know much about Preston's team - were those 3 injuries to important players? I remember that Johnson (dreads) guy for them looked lively and I think Reach is a big loss for them too.

Well i've exiled myself from participating in the last 3 games and we've won them all. Bad news is i've just arrived at the in laws and will be going to this. Unlike Aphex though, i've not seen us lose or draw at home since AK took over (14 wins). So a nervy 1-0 for me

Where you sitting on Saturday?

I dont know much about Preston's team - were those 3 injuries to important players? I remember that Johnson (dreads) guy for them looked lively and I think Reach is a big loss for them too.

From what I understand two of the players who were injured were the first-choice centre back pairing, so they look like pretty key injuries. Both were stretchered off in the first 25 minutes. Don't know who the third was.

There are signs that the side is starting to really gel and gat back to our pre Xmas best. Some one is going to get a good trouncing soon. It will be PN E on the receiving end of a 4-1 defeat

Nugent hat trick.

This was the game out of the three home games where I thought we were most likely to drop points, but I've gained some confidence from somewhere and I reckon we'll be ok.

------------------- Dimi --------------------

Nsue ---- Gibson -- Kalas ---- Friend

-------- Forshaw --- Leadbitter ------

Adomah ----- Ramirez ----- Downing

----------------- Nugent ------------------

Think Clayton won't have time to be ready for this one, so Forshaw to come in. Nugent to start as will be hungry for a goal, especially against his former team. The rest unchanged.

2-1 Boro. Adomah to score first.

From what I understand two of the players who were injured were the first-choice centre back pairing, so they look like pretty key injuries. Both were stretchered off in the first 25 minutes. Don't know who the third was.

The other was Boro born striker Jordan Hugill. Beckford will probably start.

The other was Boro born striker Jordan Hugill. Beckford will probably start.

pne fans on their forum think beckford wont be anyway fit enough to start.

Where you sitting on Saturday?

The boys have half season cards in GRFZ, so I would think in the north stand, but flexible if you fancy a drink ;)