oneBoro Forum

Boro v Preston North End 1-0

I won't rehash what's already been said but my summary of the game was, even upto the goal, boro were fantastic from the goal to half time, second half was a great effort from Preston and I think we were all relieved to get out of there with 3 massive points. Utb

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I agree Tom, that Stuani did play well earlier in the season in the RW position. Brighton, Ipswich, are the games that stand out for me. He's clearly got talent.

However, I have to admit when I saw him on the team sheet before the game j was a little concerned, purely due to his form since the turn of the year. Like Brunners said, he often slows down the attacks on the right when Nsue is bombing forward, and his first touch hasn't been great.

I personally like it when Adomahs on the right, as its his natural position and he works well with Nsue.

That being said, we've got a lot of fixtures in April, and despite people on here moaning, some sort of rotation is necessary so I can see why AK mixed it up. I hope Stuani finds his form for us because I think when playing well he's a definite threat.

The problem is we have 2 players who arent really performing, Downing and Stuani. If Downing was performing then Stuani wouldn't be playing on the right IMO, it comes down to which of the 2 out of form players are better for each game, IMO AK got it right yesterday because that game was a scrap and was going to be tight, as a post said earlier, Stuani will get stuck in and is more of a goalthreat than Downing in a game which wont provide many goals, Downing won't get stuck in and never has throughout his career and he very rarely even has a shot nevermind scores. When we play a more relaxed footballing side, Downing will probably come back in because he's more likely to influence that game.

Comments on a forum aren't going to have any impact on a player's performance during a game B_N come on mate.

As for the comments highlighted, they are hardly shocking.  Brunners saying ffs is because he doesn't want him in the side.  Before a game or after a game is irrelevant, he just doesn't think he should be in the team.  The 1 million times worse comment is obviously just hyperbole.  'Classic Stuani' is hardly bad, bloody hell.  Fair enough for the final comment though but that Brunners is a wrong un we all know that.

Oh I know forum comments won't have an effect. But it's when discontent seeps into the stands with certain players I worry. I'm fairly sure the players don't read this forum.

I quite like Stuani got to say but I do agree he has been disappointing lately, I don't think it's the rm situation either because he was great there before Christmas. Maybe just a simple drop in form that he needs to play his way out of

Stuani ffs otherwise great lineup.

Sucks for kalas but great to see Dani back!

'Stuani ffs'. Before a ball was kicked.

Stuani has been 1 million times worse than Downing when he's played recently so don't count on him being better than downings "average" performances.

'1 million times worse'

Classic Stuani...

Losing possession early on is 'classic Stuani'. Most players lose possession at some point, is that a 'classic' representation of them too?  

Stuani is a muppet

I mean, I suppose people consider different things acceptable, maybe I'm just being overly defensive, but I've never understood being on a specific player's back all game, let alone before the game even kicks off.

If you can stop taking my quotes out of context that would be great.

I made ONE sarcastic comment at the start of the game when Stuani bulldozed his way past the LB and blazed a cross over the bar.

He then preceded to elbow a player in the face, which I also made a sarcastic comment about. Aside from that he was a complete after-thought in the game.

I made not one criticism, appraisal or analysis of the player. I no more "got on his back" than I did Nugent.

Got in from the game half an hour ago and glad of the 3 points after a well below average performance, Preston can count themselves unlucky not to have taken anything from the game, easily the better side 2nd half.

We sit in the North stand and the constant arguing between Friend and Gibson was unbelievable, they were at each other constantly, we didn't create much at all, Nugent was chasing shadows, our crossing was poor.

With regard to team selection Stuani offers us nothing on the right, all we needed to do was replace Clayton with Forshaw and Kalas should not have been dropped he's been playing excellent, our head coach can't leave it alone can he.

8 Games in 29 days - everyone will have to play their part. As long as we win, then it was the right call.

No it wasn't the shape of the team was all over with Stuani in the side, Adomah should have been on the right, Downing on the left, it was a poor performance and thankfully we got away with it, Preston did enough to feel unlucky.

Hang on, your saying it was the wrong call because we didnt play as well as we are capable of? If we did it your way, with Adomah on the right and Downing on the right, which I agree is our best forward line and won 3-0, that would be better? And when do we rest these players or do we just burn them out?

We cant be outstanding every game and play with the same eleven, its just not realistic. Preston can count themselves unlucky, but we won and rested some players.... great day at the office that

This resting of players, we played on Tuesday, then 4 day's later on Saturday, what are the players doing in between a Royal marine assault course, they're trained athletes who play 90 minutes football twice a week. What you don't do is take your best right sided, right footed player and play him on the left and replace him with Stuani who has talent but is ineffective on the right, and has been for the last few months when played in that position.

Agreed the win is what counts but the team loses something in attack when we play Stuani on the right and Adomah on the left.

When I watched the football league show (or whatever it's called now) I felt we should've had a penalty when their keeper took Nugents legs away making him scuff his shot. Certainly didn't get any of the ball

When I watched the football league show (or whatever it's called now) I felt we should've had a penalty when their keeper took Nugents legs away making him scuff his shot. Certainly didn't get any of the ball

I sit in the North stand, the keeper spilled the ball and then took Nugents leg away it was a penalty, yet another one missed by a poor ref and his incompetent linesman.

Something I didn't realise when watching it yesterday... Friend cleared one off the line on the opening day as well, didn't he. Again saving points for us against Preston.

And he got a (legitimate) assist! :)

This'll be close, I don't see us losing really but I wouldn't be surprised by a tight 0-0 or 1-1.

However, I am going to go with my heart instead of my head and go 1-0 Boro, Adomah with the goal.

Do I win btw?

I sit in the North stand, the keeper spilled the ball and then took Nugents leg away it was a penalty, yet another one missed by a poor ref and his incompetent linesman.

Funny, trekkers and i both said the same at half time, we were both in the north stand too. Def pen, the lineo on that side was shocking all game. 3 points is 3 points though and enjoyed a beer with trekkers so all in all worth the 640 mile round trip

Got in from the game half an hour ago and glad of the 3 points after a well below average performance, Preston can count themselves unlucky not to have taken anything from the game, easily the better side 2nd half.

We sit in the North stand and the constant arguing between Friend and Gibson was unbelievable, they were at each other constantly, we didn't create much at all, Nugent was chasing shadows, our crossing was poor.

With regard to team selection Stuani offers us nothing on the right, all we needed to do was replace Clayton with Forshaw and Kalas should not have been dropped he's been playing excellent, our head coach can't leave it alone can he.

8 Games in 29 days - everyone will have to play their part. As long as we win, then it was the right call.

No it wasn't the shape of the team was all over with Stuani in the side, Adomah should have been on the right, Downing on the left, it was a poor performance and thankfully we got away with it, Preston did enough to feel unlucky.

Hang on, your saying it was the wrong call because we didnt play as well as we are capable of? If we did it your way, with Adomah on the right and Downing on the right, which I agree is our best forward line and won 3-0, that would be better? And when do we rest these players or do we just burn them out?

We cant be outstanding every game and play with the same eleven, its just not realistic. Preston can count themselves unlucky, but we won and rested some players.... great day at the office that

This resting of players, we played on Tuesday, then 4 day's later on Saturday, what are the players doing in between a Royal marine assault course, they're trained athletes who play 90 minutes football twice a week. What you don't do is take your best right sided, right footed player and play him on the left and replace him with Stuani who has talent but is ineffective on the right, and has been for the last few months when played in that position.

Agreed the win is what counts but the team loses something in attack when we play Stuani on the right and Adomah on the left.

Listen, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I can see that you haven't played sport at a competitive level from this comment, so I don't think there's any point in continuing with this because I cant convince you of something that I know but you don't believe in.

One thing to keep in mind is that if players, managers and experts generally say its hard to play 2 games a week for 4 weeks, you might want to consider that they know what they're talking about, even if you don't think that I do. Another thing is that AK WILL use the squad in this run of games, so if it annoys you so much, prepared to be quite irritated.

As long as we keep winning though, I'm sure we will all be happy as Larry. UTB

Listen, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I can see that you haven't played sport at a competitive level from this comment, so I don't think there's any point in continuing with this because I cant convince you of something that  I know but you don't believe in.

One thing to keep in mind is that if players, managers and experts generally say its hard to play 2 games a week for 4 weeks, you might want to consider that they know what they're talking about, even if you don't think that I do. Another thing is that AK WILL use the squad in this run of games, so if it annoys you so much, prepared to be quite irritated.

As long as we keep winning though, I'm sure we will all be happy as Larry. UTB

I've finished a night shift and played 90 minutes sunday league football 3 hours later, and then played Tuesday different levels yes, so no disrespect either.

Juan Mata is playing his 41st game for Man U today, you reckon Spurs or Leicester have any intention of resting Kane or Vardy as both teams go for the title, bearing in mind both have also been on International duty( I doubt it) while other players had a 2 week break.

On your take, play the same side Tuesday barring Adomah who should be rested after putting in a lot of effort in recent weeks.