oneBoro Forum

I'm nervous now before games, during games and after games.

I just think we need to play our best side if they're all fit.

Dimi, Friend, Gibson, Ayala, Nsue, Clayton, Leadbitter, Adomah, Downing, Ramirez and Rhodes.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Dimi, Friend, Gibson, Ayala, Nsue, Clayton, Leadbitter, Adomah, Downing, Ramirez and Rhodes.

Totally agree, spot on.

100% agree.

Anything other than this and I will be disappointed.

I agree with that line up too.

I'm sure I'm not alone in finding that Downing's positional play is so odd this season - the way he occasionally just starts playing on the right hand side.

He and Ashley Young did that at Aston Villa behind Bent to good effect, but they 'swapped' roles - I don't remember them ever 'doubling up' on the same side. It's really odd to see at times Downing/Adomah/Nsue all working the right channel, with Ramirez just inside that and a huge space on the left.

And Downing's so very cautious with his passes/dribbling, which I wasn't expecting this season. He's been almost Reach like, but I thought Reach/Friend combined better together than Downing/Friend.

I'd have Downing in the team every match, but I'd ask him to be more direct with his play and stay on the left - or at least work out in training how to effectively swap roles with Adomah.

Hopefully the front 4 will hit peak form in the last 6 games, and if we do that, automatic promotion will surely follow.

Interesting to think that West Ham arguably replaced Downing with Antonio, who's now holding down a first team place. Who got the better deal?

100% agree.

Anything other than this and I will be disappointed.

I won't be, if we win.

http://hobnob.royals.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=132395

Take from the other side, particularly liked DixieRoyals post

I like reading other fan forums. The fans generally seem quite down beat about their chances against Boro. Unlike how I feel - usually a bit concerned!

Hopefully Rhodes and Nugent will have watched a Ramirez video of how to go around a keeper. They've both missed too many 1-on-1s in the last few weeks.

A win tomorrow night would be brilliant. (And any other result against a misfiring Reading side will be disappointing).

COME ON BORO!!

You're not wrong. Having two strikers who seem to struggle at one-on-ones is very frustrating, seeing as we seem able to carve out at least one per game.

James Husband is back and some players are tired

“The players are really tired. I need to think about them a lot. It is not to think if one player needs a rest, it is because I don’t want to take a risk with one injury.

“Some players have played a lot of games and one injury can be dangerous because we won’t have time to recover. I need to speak with the doctors and physios and pick the best team for tomorrow.”

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/14419237.Aitor_Karanka_happy_to_have_defender_back_and_reports_some_Boro_players_are_tired/

As one or two have said, I think we will go back to our best 11, barring Ayala. Reading AK's comments about "players who haven't played for a few months but are now playing can get an injury," I think we might see Kalas back in. I'm sure Rhodes and Downing will be back, Reading are a decent side so I'd like to see our strongest 11 and then makes changes for the Bolton game.

------------Dimi----------------

Nsue--Kalas--Gibbo--Gorgeous

------Clayts---Grant---------

Albert---Gaston---Stewy

---------Rhodes-------------