oneBoro Forum

If we have to rest some players surely Bolton is the game to do it. They are dog*** and we have Burnley 3 days later.

We have to beat Bolton mate.  I would almost take the opposite view that we have to be at our strongest for that one to make sure we get those three points than Burnley where even with our strongest side we may still lose.  Can't afford to do something silly and drop points against Bolton though.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

With 8 of the most important games in less than a month AK's squad management is reaping rewards. I can't remember a season with so few injuries. This has given us options throughout the season. He and the players must be doing it right. I fully expect squad rotation til Ipswich at home. Then as the matches go back to weekly a more settled team.

Don't know if anyone noticed, but the corners we had 2nd half, Ayala stayed back, he's our biggest threat  from corners, couldn't work that one out, unless he was feeling the effects of the game after being out so long.

Yeah I noticed that. Was it only after Beckford came on, I wonder? He's a big lad, and maybe AK thought that keeping Ayala back would be more beneficial if they countered the corners with long balls.

Don't know if anyone noticed, but the corners we had 2nd half, Ayala stayed back, he's our biggest threat  from corners, couldn't work that one out, unless he was feeling the effects of the game after being out so long.

Yeah I noticed that. Was it only after Beckford came on, I wonder? He's a big lad, and maybe AK thought that keeping Ayala back would be more beneficial if they countered the corners with long balls.

You could be right Tom, may have been under orders to stay back.

If we have to rest some players surely Bolton is the game to do it. They are dog*** and we have Burnley 3 days later.

We have to beat Bolton mate.  I would almost take the opposite view that we have to be at our strongest for that one to make sure we get those three points than Burnley where even with our strongest side we may still lose.  Can't afford to do something silly and drop points against Bolton though.

I know. I agree.

But if we absolutely have to rest soon, then I would prefer we field a full strength starting 11 against Reading over doing so at Bolton. Ignoring the Burnley game, I just feel we have more chance of beating Bolton than Reading with a weaker team.

Then coincidently, in theory at least, those rested players would be back for Burnley.

We really shouldn't need to rest anyone, we've just come out of an international break ffs how can they be tired?

because that's not how it works.

You literally just missed a huge discussion on that very topic.

Since that 2 week break we've played 3 games in 8 days.

Reading have absolutely nothing to play for, we have everything, if our approach to this game is positive from the off, not only should we win, we might even do our goal difference some good.

Looking forward to this one but nervous about it too. McDermott isn't bad at getting a result at places. Just hope it's not here. As said before, hope we turn up from the off and have a strong crowd willing the lads on.

Come on Boro.

2-0. Rhodes fgs.

Reading have absolutely nothing to play for, we have everything, if our approach to this game is positive from the off, not only should we win, we might even do our goal difference some good.

It can work both ways. They may not give a toss or the May play with no pressure