oneBoro Forum

Reading were garbage the other day against a fairly pedestrian Brum side. Ever since they beat us its like they've been going through the motions and just wanna start planning for next season under McDermott.

Its all very strange because they have a fantastic squad there and really should be in the top 6. They certainly have a better bunch of players then Brighton, but obviously they lack that cohesion and self-belief.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive game tonight, and 3 points would be invaluable.

If we can win and go top, I think it heaps massive pressure on Burnley all of a sudden

If they slip into second.

Hello again!

Back to represent the blue and white side of this tie!

Feel free to check out our match thread for this game here: http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/10435408/1/#new

As I'm sure you can guess, we are all picturing a good stuffing from your lot, probably just revenge after the reverse fixture earlier in the season when we were at our best. It's quite tight at the top of the table right now though, with Brighton & Hove Albion threatening to move into the top two, so I guess 'Boro will be after maximum points until the end of the season.

I'll try and stay active during the game tomorrow night on this thread

One thing I learned a long time ago being a Boro fan is we never 'stuff' the teams we are meant or lose to the teams we are expected to, I'd take any win tonight even if you have 20 shots on target and we have none and an own goal gets us over the line - I fancied your team for a promotion chance and I'm sure you won't make it easy for us tonight - but I always bet 3-0 and 2-0 so I'll cross my fingers for the 2-0. Good luck

After watching the match last night, I am very concerned, Brighton are a dangerous side, they are more attack minded than us. With players always trying to move the ball forward. We cannot afford to slip up tonight with them breathing down our necks.

After watching the match last night, I am very concerned, Brighton are a dangerous side, they are more attack minded than us. With players always trying to move the ball forward. We cannot afford to slip up tonight with them breathing down our necks.

Brighton were gash last night I thought.

Agreed, second half they were outplayed by a very poor forest side and could easily have been 3-1 down by the time they scored their second.

They did well to grind out a win, don't get me wrong, but nothing on show last night worried me.

Agreed, second half they were outplayed by a very poor forest side and could easily have been 3-1 down by the time they scored their second.

They did well to grind out a win, don't get me wrong, but nothing on show last night worried me.

Yeah same to be honest, even Chris Hughton came out and said after the match that they didn't play well, and a point would have been a fair result.

On that note, how much class has Hughton got than Dyche, I know we can't be picky at this stage, but if you gave me a choice I'd much rather Brighton go up, than Burnley.

Yeah same to be honest, even Chris Hughton came out and said after the match that they didn't play well, and a point would have been a fair result.

On that note, how much class has Hughton got than Dyche, I know we can't be picky at this stage, but if you gave me a choice I'd much rather Brighton go up, than Burnley.

Always liked Hughton, Good manager, and never really in the headlines that much.

I though Brighton were pretty average last night. Certainly didn't worry me about us having to play them again. However, I do hope we have it wrapped up before the last game!

Reading were garbage the other day against a fairly pedestrian Brum side. Ever since they beat us its like they've been going through the motions and just wanna start planning for next season under McDermott.

Its all very strange because they have a fantastic squad there and really should be in the top 6. They certainly have a better bunch of players then Brighton, but obviously they lack that cohesion and self-belief.

So many posts regarding Reading, it's great to see how other clubs see our season having gone.

Quoted the above poster as, with our season 'over' now, there has been a noticeable lack of loan players in our starting eleven, aside from Lucas Piazon from Chelsea who is intrinsic to the formation played currently. Skillfull players like Ola John have been relegated to sitting on the bench, and coming on when we are losing. He's certainly one to watch out for when on the ball.

McDermott has publicly stated his desire to look at youth, so every game I expect a flooding of faces from our academy (although a Tuesday night trip to 'Boro might be past their bedtime!)

I think I'd agree with Norwood being one of our best. Danny Williams is another to be wary of, he can strike a ball from distance. Yann Kermorgant can claim the ball in the air, but has recently been unable to follow such action through with a goal. Along with the misfiring Cox and Vydra, I can't see our forwards giving you too many problems tonight.