oneBoro Forum

I'll be happy if other teams believe Rhodes has been woeful. Not paying off his fee yet by any means but he's played the lone striker role well, much better than I thought he would.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a bloke that maybe fearing for his job. They've hardly done well since he returned.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?336417-Middlesbrough-v-Reading/page38

If anyone IS curious how Brighton fans are taking it.

Most are generally ok with it; many think this win seals us and they want us to beat Burnley for them in a couple games, for obvious reasons.

I want Brighton to go up with us, don't really like the team, but the fans seem like a decent bunch

My favourite quote from their forum:

Annoying as the late goal was, I'm cheered by the thought of Sean Dyche's rictus grin of false positivity frozen on his face as the second of his promotion rivals does it to him in two days.

Haha. Love it.

He can't finish below Brighton, they spent less than him.

Now I don't like Brighton fans again :(

Can we remind all the Boro fans reading that our whole SQUAD for last nights match cost the same as the woeful Jordan Rhodes? laugh.gif No pressure on us lads - you should've won the league weeks ago with the money you've spent wavey.gif

Well, unless they go up this season, they'll be this seasons Brentford and will be back mid-table next season. I think they only have one player, Lewis Dunk, who is good enough for the Premier League and he'll probably go to someone like West Brom or Norwich, should they stay up.

Wow I'm lost for words. 5 wins on the trot since Aitor walked out then walked back. Amazing.

I was listening to bbc tees on the way home from work and when we scored I went bloody mental but I was driving in thick fog on the A181 in Durham so I had to quickly get my focus back otherwise I would have been on the field. :D

Just back in from the game. Oh my word, absolute scenes. That was absolute magic!!!!!!

Downing was top class and the whole team gave it everything. We had a lot of chance in the game, but to win like that was very special

Unbelievable. Was sat on my phone unable to get a stream up and just thought what on earth was happening. Was expecting a goal at the end considering how some games have gone! Forshaw's goal reminding me of my Sunday League days!

Most of the work is done but it'd take a disaster to finish out the top two. Do hate the ways these games go, an absolute rollercoaster!

Absolutely chuffed for Forshaw! He's had to sit on the bench for the majority of the time he has been here, despite putting in some pretty strong performances when given a chance, and he hasn't moaned once. Kept his head down and remained a good professional. Deserves that moment tonight in my opinion!

Just back from the game to start a night shift at work and I cant even describe that feeling it was unbelievable. We weren't great but the performance doesn't even matter now at this stage and all credit to the lads they showed guts and determination to get that win.

Brighton and Burnley fans can say what they want but "anything you can do" an all that and I don't care out of them who goes up as long as its us I couldn't really care a less about them.

After lasts nights result I must admit I was gutted I felt deflated but tonight I can guarantee its their fans who are feeling like that now. We just keep winning 5 in a row now after what happened its unreal.

Was out for my birthday, so could only really check BBC text updates every now and again. Couldn't enjoy myself once I'd checked and it was 1-1 with 80 minutes gone. Girlfriend went to the toilet so I got to read through endless "Shot by David Nugent to the left of goal, saved by Al-Habsi" type updates. I was just willing us on and then all of a sudden there's this big blue text update - GOAL FULL TIME.

Apologies to all those in Byron Burger in Leicester tonight if I disturbed your evening.

If you listen to Aitor's interview on Boro+ towards the end about 3.30 in you can hear Brian McDermott start absolutely going off at his local press. He is not a happy camper.