oneBoro Forum

Just a quick hypothetical for you lot:

Assuming you are in the Premier League next season, what one player from the Championship would you want to bring to 'Boro next season? Money no object.

Before his injury, I'd have said Judge for sure.

Imagine the scenes (and Sean Dyche's face), Burnley go to Wembley for play-off final, lose to Derby and Boro sign Gray for £15m. Not to say I want Gray, mind...

Having a quick look, there's nobody who really stands out as someone who I would definitely sign. I wouldn't mind Rob Snodgrass or Mo Diame if Hull stay down. I've always liked Jason Shackell as a defender too, though he wouldn't get into our defence.

Tom Heaton for me. Mainly because, as good as he's been, Dimi can't go on forever. Also to give Dyche a kick right in the teeth ;)

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming you are in the Premier League next season, what one player from the Championship would you want to bring to 'Boro next season? Money no object.

Imagine the scenes (and Sean Dyche's face), Burnley go to Wembley for play-off final, lose to Derby and Boro sign Gray for £15m. Not to say I want Gray, mind...

Having a quick look, there's nobody who really stands out as someone who I would definitely sign. I wouldn't mind Rob Snodgrass or Mo Diame if Hull stay down. I've always liked Jason Shackell as a defender too, though he wouldn't get into our defence.

Tom Heaton for me. Mainly because, as good as he's been, Dimi can't go on forever. Also to give Dyche a kick right in the teeth ;)

Khazri from Sunderland. He'll be in Champo next season

I did consider Heaton for the same reasons, indeed. It's no surprise that he may end up going to the Euros. I expect Aitor to stick with Dimi and Meijas next season. Got a feeling it could be one of those decisions that really makes or breaks the first half of our season if we make it to the PL.

Wouldn't touch anyone from Sunderland. They are all rank average.

Wouldn't touch anyone from Sunderland. They are all rank average.

Nah I'd take Van Aanholt like! I'd have Wijnaldum, Perez and maybe Janmaat from Newcastle as well.

Id take any of Townsend, Shelvey and Perez from Newcastle, Van Aarnholt and maybe Rodwell from Sunderland, and id take Traore from Villa. Ive put traore in because he's still very young and his potential is absolutely huge, theres a reason Barca have a buy-back clause in there.

Well that was probably inappropriate to be chatting to an elderly couple in the local who lost their son on sunday. I had a quick look at the text and let out a little yelp when it went 2-1. Not my finest hour and the wife was fuming, but on the bright side i believe !!!

Blimey, watching the highlights on Sky Sports. Gibson was stretching a bit but I think he could have done better with his header from the corner in the 2nd half. Downing was very involved throughout. From what I could hear whilst trying to listen in one ear tonight, those highlights really flatter us in comparison to Reading. Sounded like we had more chances but I think there was only 3 chances on the highlights for Reading. One was a shot in the first half which went wide, the goal and Vydra's miss.

I seen someone mention the Vydra one was offside somewhere but from what you can see from the highlights, looks like at least Gibson is playing him on. It's difficult to tell but I had to watch the Cox goal a few times as well to see if it could have been offside as Dimi didn't save it properly. It does look like a couple of players are playing that little bundle of Reading players on but difficult to say for sure. More to the point I guess, Dimi didn't save it properly. He should have held that one.

On our saviour for tonight too, something's been bugging me for ages about it. Whenever I play on FIFA, I think Forshaw looks much bigger than in real life. FIFA says he's about 6'1" and I'm thinking he looks an awful lot smaller on the pitch.

Only just checked. He's actually like 5'7". How on earth did FIFA get that one so wrong!? :D

What was better tonight scoring a 94th minute winner or Uwe Fuchs.

On the game we were very scrappy defensively and almost seemed 2nd to every ball. We could so easily have lost the game 1 minute before we won it.

On the plus side for 85 minutes Downing looked the player we thought we had signed.

For me the win tonight was massive if we can pull out 6 points from the next 2 I firmly believe that is us promoted. UTB

Boro keep up the pressure. If Brighton win on Friday they get closer to us but push Burnley into third (remember that 7 point gap?). If Brighton don't win it gives us the opportunity to push the gap out to 6-7 points.

I think I would like to see Brighton win and put pressure on Burnley (and us). I am hoping Burnley have a bad weekend in preparation for next Tuesday.

I have to say, that's my goal of the season and I'm not even joking!

The sheer desperation from every player trying to get that ball in the net was incredible to behold. From friends desperate lunge into the post, claytons woeful attempt at a shot, adomahs ridiculous header, the pinball in the 6 yard box before forshaws neat and pin point finish.

For meaning and emotional impact that will not be topped. The comedy was pretty good too

Yeah the number of second balls that we failed to get to was annoying, most of which were actually from our own poor headers. Downing seemed to thrive when we opened up and threw the kitchen sink at Reading. We looked very vulnerable though so I wouldn't like to see that approach too often. Too often he has played it safe this season but when we needed a goal he seemed to step up and deliver. He was the stand out player towards the end. Hopefully that can be the kick-start to a strong finish to the season by him.

Adomah looked incredibly frustrated and on the verge of doing something stupid in the second half after we conceded, probably with his miss playing on his mind, so much so that Karanka had a word with him to calm him down. Adomah is the only attacker that has played the full 90 minutes in the past 3 home games over the past week so I wouldn't be surprised to see him start on the bench against Bolton, particularly after Karanka's comments before the game about players getting mentally tired, with Nsue keeping at RW despite not impressing tonight. Adomah getting so frustrated in the second half will have only made him more likely to give him a rest against Bolton. Hopefully Burnley not having a midweek game today doesn't give them an advantage over us next Tuesday.