oneBoro Forum

Yeah the number of second balls that we failed to get to was annoying, most of which were actually from our own poor headers. Downing seemed to thrive when we opened up and threw the kitchen sink at Reading. We looked very vulnerable though so I wouldn't like to see that approach too often. Too often he has played it safe this season but when we needed a goal he seemed to step up and deliver. He was the stand out player towards the end. Hopefully that can be the kick-start to a strong finish to the season by him.

Adomah looked incredibly frustrated and on the verge of doing something stupid in the second half after we conceded, probably with his miss playing on his mind, so much so that Karanka had a word with him to calm him down. Adomah is the only attacker that has played the full 90 minutes in the past 3 home games over the past week so I wouldn't be surprised to see him start on the bench against Bolton, particularly after Karanka's comments before the game about players getting mentally tired, with Nsue keeping at RW despite not impressing tonight. Adomah getting so frustrated in the second half will have only made him more likely to give him a rest against Bolton. Hopefully Burnley not having a midweek game today doesn't give them an advantage over us next Tuesday.

Not impressing? The guy was great and went off to a standing ovation

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

The reaction of the coaching staff when Forshaw netted the winner is a real joy to watch. Karanka letting his emotions show and then immediatly within a split second completely focussed and calm. He must be absolutely buzzing inside but at the same time the game isn't over.

Nsue was excellent on the right wing, I think you watched a different game.

I think as a team we cannot win. When we play too defensively our crowd complain and when we attack to vigorously, the crowd complain.

I thought last night was very exciting and an excellent all round performance by everyone. I know we lost a lot of second balls and sent some passes wayward, but I can't really think of anybody who had a bad game regardless.

Still buzzing, great to wake up and be top of the League with only five games left, so pleased for Forshaw, cracking player deserves all the credit for being patient and a decent good professional.

Well done son, richly deserved.

Nsue was excellent on the right wing, I think you watched a different game.

I think as a team we cannot win. When we play too defensively our crowd complain and when we attack to vigorously, the crowd complain.

I thought last night was very exciting and an excellent all round performance by everyone. I know we lost a lot of second balls and sent some passes wayward, but I can't really think of anybody who had a bad game regardless.

What I like is that the crowd still stayed 100% behind the players yesterday willing them on right until the last second, unlike earlier times this season where there's been booing. There was definitely a lot of frustration in the crowd but that's only natural and it wasn't directed at the players, more at the fact that everything we tried and as hard as the players were trying, nothing was coming off for us and their keeper seemed to be putting in a man of the match performance. Even as soon as they scored the equaliser it seemed as if the full stadium was chanting 'COME ON BORO!' whilst their players were still celebrating the goal.

What a night at the Riverside!

MOM Downing for me, so much more effective in the hole, had loads of shots and crosses and was unlucky not to score. Need more performances like this.

Only players who struggled were Leadbitter and maybe Gibbo, bit harsh on him but he never looked composed last night. Leadbitter couldn't get his passing right and never seemed to read the game like he normally does.

The goal at the end was bonkers, the crowd were roaring for a goal, the team kept pushing and got their reward. Unreal atmosphere.

I went to bed and could not stop rerunning the winning goal in my mind.

Boy last night felt great and I think we are witnessing a different aspect of our team that we have not seen before.

A real determination and resilience to do what we all hope they will do.

Of course it was agony at times last night and expressions of dismay will be seen and read when things are going against us but wow just wow kept it going until the very last second and did not give up at all.

That was a promotion winning display and result last night!

We really could have wrapped up promotion by now had we shown this character at previous games

What a night that was the pressure on Brighton and Burnley has just increased another level now 1 slip up from either of them could be the difference between the premier league and play-off's

Come 10pm on Friday Burnley could be 3rd who'd had thought that a few weeks back when they went 7 clear!

All we need to do now is keep calm pick up and the points and we'll do it

On our saviour for tonight too, something's been bugging me for ages about it. Whenever I play on FIFA, I think Forshaw looks much bigger than in real life. FIFA says he's about 6'1" and I'm thinking he looks an awful lot smaller on the pitch.

Only just checked. He's actually like 5'7". How on earth did FIFA get that one so wrong!? :D

Dael Fry is worse. They've made him 5'11" when he's about 6'4".