oneBoro Forum

Another question, why the hell do we not get crosses in first time? We pause, cut back and try when all their defenders are back in position.

This happens more when we play wingers on their 'wrong' sides and is a pet hate of mine. It's a lot harder to defend crosses when facing your own goal than it is when facing the oppositions goal. Like you say checking back/inside all the time allows the defenders to turn and get set in position, everything is infront of them and far easier to deal with.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Another question, why the hell do we not get crosses in first time? We pause, cut back and try when all their defenders are back in position.

This happens more when we play wingers on their 'wrong' sides and is a pet hate of mine. It's a lot harder to defend crosses when facing your own goal than it is when facing the oppositions goal. Like you say checking back/inside all the time allows the defenders to turn and get set in position, everything is infront of them and far easier to deal with.

I'd add that we often don't have enough bodies in the box and as all of our crossers of the ball are seriously *** at it they are never going to pick one man out.

Sorry, but before Rhodes scored yesterday he should have had 4 goals. In a game vs Bolton you'd expect better from him.

He proved me wrong which I'm glad about, but in the heat of the moment, he deserved his flop status.

He came close twice hit the post from an overhead kick and scored twice. I'm happy with any forward that does that

Like I said, in hindsight yes it was good that he scored twice. But you cant tell me you'd be happy with him missing 3 chances against Bolton if we hadnt got 3 points. At the time of writing, Rhodes hadnt scored a goal in the game, but missed the chances.

But with goal scorers you have to take what they achieve over 90 mins. Otherwise you could say Owen was a terrible player as he used to do nothing then pop up with a goal

Over the moon with the 3 points, we were poor today but 3 points is what counts, why we struggle against bottom of the table sides baffles me.

Got to put Adomah back on the right and Downing on the left, Nsue back at LB, well done Rhodes put himself about, kept getting into dangerous positions, never gave up and got his reward.

I'd rather have Nsue at RB ;)

Yes my mistake I meant RB, head in the shed with that one :)