oneBoro Forum

I dont see any point in complaining about the prformance. 42 games in the only thing that matters is poimts and we got 3 more today. 2 more wins will do it, I believe again ( at least I do today)

No, probably not. Certainly not now the result is in the bag. We just need to focus on getting our best team out at Turf Moor and coming away with something from that game. Any points from that place is a good result.

It was frustrating but we did our job... eventually.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Actually looks like most the Brighton fans want us to beat Burnley

It's probably the best case scenario for them, for us to run away with it so 2nd place opens up for them. Equally, if Burnley win on Tuesday and they go ahead of us, they'll probably want Burnley to run away with it and hope we drop off. Tuesday is a massive match for everyone in the top 3. A draw doesn't really do them many favours. Even if they win their next game, they're highly likely going to be behind on GD.

I wasn't happy with the performance regardless of the result - I just think one of these games a late goal won't come to our rescue and all the teams we have left to play are in the top 9.

How many points would you ACCEPT from the next two games next week? I'd take 4 points 100%. Would anyone accept 3 points if we beat Burnley?

Actually looks like most the Brighton fans want us to beat Burnley

It's probably the best case scenario for them, for us to run away with it so 2nd place opens up for them. Equally, if Burnley win on Tuesday and they go ahead of us, they'll probably want Burnley to run away with it and hope we drop off. Tuesday is a massive match for everyone in the top 3. A draw doesn't really do them many favours. Even if they win their next game, they're highly likely going to be behind on GD.

A win for us on Tuesday would be massive. Personally I think Burnley will struggle to win at Preston. (Preston are a decent side. Local Derby. Preston at home). A draw would be a decent result for Burnley there.

If we've beaten Burnley on Tuesday, and Burnley don't win at Preston on Friday..... we could be promoted this time next week !!!

Hmmm.... that would alright.

COME ON BORO !!!

I am of the opinion now that no matter what permutations we come up with, this is all going down to the last game of the season, the only question being, will we need a win or a draw ?

Not a bad performance, but we are so much better than that. I'm glad that yet again we've managed to get a result whilst playing poorly and also resting key players. Hopefully this means that Ramirez will be raring to go on Tuesday and puts in a man of the match performance.

It was nice to meet Tom at half time and have a chat.

I'm sorry to end on a sour note but unfortunately I witnessed racist abuse from a boro fan directed at a Bolton player today. To the man who was sat near seat 150 on Row L in the lower tier, you are a disgrace to my football club, had you not been with a massive group of your mates I would've challenged you on it but as it was I didn't fancy getting my head kicked in by you and your fellow Neanderthals. I hope I never see you at another Boro game for as long as I live.

My take on the game today (Watching on TV).

We looked okay in possession and Bolton were happy with us to have the ball. But for periods of the game Rhodes was very isolated and ineffective. When the chances did come his way, he snatched at them. The two headers in either half could have been scored. But, credit where credit is due and he scored two Rhodes esque goals, right place, right time.

Dimi was okay, didnt have a lot to do.

The back 4 were okay as well. Ayala probably shading it out of all of them, but I will say that De Laet was poor in my opinion.

Clayton and Forshaw were okay and pretty average. Clayton did his usual good bits of intercepting and Forshaw did some neat passes, but nothing else of note.

The front 3 were again average. Adomah was industrious and Downing was unlucky with his shot off the bar, but they struggled to carve any real chances out for the isolated Rhodes.

I honestly thought we would slip up today, and when we went a goal down I thought the worst. But, the transformation at the club over the recent games has changed that mentality. Before, we would have dropped our heads and given up. But not this time.

David Nugent changed the game in my opinion. Apart from his cross to Rhodes, he just stretched the whole back line and gave us the space to work with for the chances in the final minutes.

Not a vintage performance, and I fully expect us to raise our game against Burnley. Anything but a defeat will do for me, but I hope the players dont settle for 'just a draw mentality'.

Ayala, IMO, was probably the worst of our back 4 today. Didn't think he looked comfortable at all.

I think De Laet ws worse than Ayala, I really don't like De Laet at RB. I hope Nsue plays there on Tuesday otherwise I can see Burnley punishing us down that side.

I forgot to mention that I though Rhodes was brilliant today. I have been a critic of his as he was brought in specifically to score goals and he hasn't been. Well today he showed why we paid so much money for him, that first goal is Jordan Rhodes down to the ground. Other strikers may have panicked in that position but Rhodes didn't even think, he just finished.

We deserved the win, but we really need to pick the performances up.

A gripe of mine today was - from all the corners we had, not once did I see someone make a run at the front post (like Gaston at QPR) until Forshaw did at around 85 minutes.

WHYYYYYY damnit.