oneBoro Forum

I forgot to mention that I though Rhodes was brilliant today. I have been a critic of his as he was brought in specifically to score goals and he hasn't been. Well today he showed why we paid so much money for him, that first goal is Jordan Rhodes down to the ground. Other strikers may have panicked in that position but Rhodes didn't even think, he just finished.

People are always saying he's a streak striker as well. Hopefully the last four games will be his streak!

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Ayala, IMO, was probably the worst of our back 4 today. Didn't think he looked comfortable at all.

I think De Laet ws worse than Ayala, I really don't like De Laet at RB. I hope Nsue plays there on Tuesday otherwise I can see Burnley punishing us down that side.

I would imagine Nsue will be back in his usual position as Ramirez will be back in the side you'd think.

I don't know if it was just me but in the second half I can remember Ayala jogging back after a ball and he didn't seem to be moving properly.

Today was frustrating. Especially the back 4 George was ok, got caught out of position a few times but nothing really hairy. Gibbo was average and should've done better with the ball that led to their goal. In terms of shouting for it and making it his (not sure if he did and Clayts just got in his way anyways) Ayala was shaky and I wanted him subbed at half time. De Laet was the worst of the lot. Massively over complicated his role

But we move on. 3pts is what was required. On the plus side that performance will have given Burnley a boost of confidence that may fall into our hands. One thing for sure we will have to improve to get anything from Burnley. I hope Vokes and Barton are still out for that game

The right flank today was poor again. De Laet at RB with Nsue at RW hasn't worked there.

Zach Clough impressed today. He has most times that I've watched him play tbh. When he runs with the ball he seems to have a bubble around him where opposition players can't get close to him. Karanka must have been impressed by him.

Well i just got in from the game and have read a few comments on here. Personally i thought we did okay today and there wasn't much wrong at all with our performance. I think too many people just expected Bolton to lie down and get hammered but that was never likely to be the case and as i said in an earlier post, Burnley and Brighton both struggled when they played at Bolton earlier in the season. Given the tension that the players are probably feeling, i think it was a great result and you could see how much it meant by their reaction following Rhodes winner. Four games left and now within touching distance. I think we have to avoid defeat at Burnley and a draw would do me just fine and we are more than capable of getting a result if we hold our nerve.

Thought the Boro fans sounded excellent on TV, very vocal and pushed the team on.

On the pitch, Rhodes as others have said, excellent. Could have easily had 4 goals. You could see how much those goals meant to him in his celebration. Pleased as punch for him.

Really wish that Downing effort went in, would have been one of the goals of the season. Thought it was another solid, albeit not spectacular, showing from him.

Nugent and Ramirez changed the dynamics when they came on, that's why we invested so heavily in building a strong squad with depth in quality.

Looking forward to Tuesday, Ramirez and Leadbitter must start. Nsue back to right back.

Congrats on the win today guys, unfortunately your rivals are still keeping the competition alive by winning themselves. As much as I'd love Reading to get promoted, I can't imagine it's easy being a 'Boro supporter at a time like this!

Still buzzing off yesterday.

Not too concerned with the performance. I was always expecting a tough game, we always struggle against the lower teams and I thought Bolton would have a bit of a point to prove in front of the cameras. And they did just that, actually thought they played decent.

As for us, we weren't overly bad even before we conceded. They had chances, but so did we with Downings wonder shot, and Rhodes header in the first half.

What I really liked about yesterday, is that even when we went one down, the heads didn't drop, we picked ourselves up and came back to win. That's the sort of thing I love, shows we've got the fight.

Some of the comments on here during the game were embarrassing, mainly the ones aimed at Rhodes being a flop, and that he never scores good goals.. Who cares what sort of goals he scores?! Ruud Van Nistelrooy often scored tap ins, but was one of the most prolific premierleague goal scorers.

On our run in, I actually think it suits us to the ground. We always seems to do better against the better teams (Hull away aside), it gives us the opportunity to take points directly off our rivals. Everyone's moaning that Burnley and Brighton keep winning, well here's our chance to stop that.

Up the Boro.

Sorry, but before Rhodes scored yesterday he should have had 4 goals. In a game vs Bolton you'd expect better from him.

He proved me wrong which I'm glad about, but in the heat of the moment, he deserved his flop status.

I've done a little math because I personally don't buy Brighton/Burnley winning the last 4 games. I think we need 2 wins from 4 games to secure it, to better it Brighton would need 4 wins and Burnley 3.

As long as we pick up a win v Ipswich and a point vs Burnley I think we're up. Brighton don't really impress me especially since we'll be the home team I think we'll beat them. The game I think we wont win is Birmingham away it's just a typical ground/occasion we usually lose.

Well what can i say about yesterday. We got the job done but my word did we make a big meal out of it. We seemed to be playing as if the result was already in the bag. Similar to Reading we seemed to be 2nd to the loose balls and looked nervy defensively. It was one of those games we needed Bolton to score to actually raise our game. When they did score we played some decent stuff and Rhodes did exactly what we paid him for. But as we all know results are all that matter now as much as a perfect performance would be for the nerves.

I've done a little math because I personally don't buy Brighton/Burnley winning the last 4 games. I think we need 2 wins from 4 games to secure it, to better it Brighton would need 4 wins and Burnley 3.

As long as we pick up a win v Ipswich and a point vs Burnley I think we're up. Brighton don't really impress me especially since we'll be the home team I think we'll beat them. The game I think we wont win is Birmingham away it's just a typical ground/occasion we usually lose.

We do usually struggle at Bham, but hopefully they'll have nothing to play for by the time we go there, as doesn't look like they're going to make

Playoffs. We've banished quite a few hoodoo grounds this year, let's add another to the list.

We do usually struggle at Bham, but hopefully they'll have nothing to play for by the time we go there, as doesn't look like they're going to make

Playoffs. We've banished quite a few hoodoo grounds this year, let's add another to the list.

Rowett admitted last night that they can't make the playoffs now.

Sorry, but before Rhodes scored yesterday he should have had 4 goals. In a game vs Bolton you'd expect better from him.

He proved me wrong which I'm glad about, but in the heat of the moment, he deserved his flop status.

He came close twice hit the post from an overhead kick and scored twice. I'm happy with any forward that does that