oneBoro Forum

Promotion Predictor

Brighton rely heavily on narrow wins, which they are good at, but when they come up against teams that usually score goals like Fulham, us and derby there is a good chance that they can drop points. I'm not expecting them to drop below hull though.

So do we.

Yes we do but not as heavily as Brighton when you look at the GD column.

Right now we are though aren't we, which I would say is an important point to make.  I mean since the turn of the year we've only won four times by more than one goal and one of those was Derby back when we were at our best.  It'd be great if we were able to win more comfortably but I'm not sure there's that much difference between Brighton and ourselves at the moment.

I'm not disagreeing at all, I'm just saying that Brighton have three games against opponents that usually score goals and since they rely on narrow victories it's feasible that they will drop points, as they don't normally score shed loads either.

And I'm not disregarding Brighton either as i think they've done very well, but I can't see them not dropping points in at least two games, as I really can't see them winning at our place even if we are already promoted.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I don't think there is any significant prize money in the championship. Not that it matters though, as Prem teams next season will be guaranteed over 100 million even if they finish last.

if Brighton win all thier remaining games except against us and Burnley win all of thier remaing games  ,

and we win both our home games and lose both away games .... which im sure everyone will agree is being very glass half empty amd almost worst case scenario .... it will end as follows...

1  Burnley  95

2  Middlesbrough  91

3  Brighton  90

Now does that ease anyones nerves :D :D

thought not lol ...would mean going into last game 2 points behind BHA..

Brighton rely heavily on narrow wins, which they are good at, but when they come up against teams that usually score goals like Fulham, us and derby there is a good chance that they can drop points. I'm not expecting them to drop below hull though.

i'm sure they just beat fulham 5-0  :D

brighton will probably win every game until we play them. they are on fire.

We beat Burnley on Tuesday, they loose to Preston on Friday, we beat Ipswich on Saturday and we are promoted with 2 games spare

Thats my prediction

1 Middlesbrough 95

2 Burnley 91

3 Brighton 85

4 Derby 85

5 Hull 84

6 Sheffield Wed 80

Our remain games...

Burnley 2-2 Draw

Ipswich 2-0 Win

Birmingham 0-1 Win

Brighton 3-1 Win

We beat Burnley on Tuesday, they loose to Preston on Friday, we beat Ipswich on Saturday and we are promoted with 2 games spare

Thats my prediction

i flippin hope so

They don't even need to lose do they?

If we beat Burnley and then they don't beat Preston we can get promoted by beating Ipswich!

But, one game at a time and all that

Thats my prediction

i flippin hope so

They don't even need to lose do they?

If we beat Burnley and then they don't beat Preston we can get promoted by beating Ipswich!

But, one game at a time and all that

IF we beat Burnley midweek, then beating Ipswich will all but guarantee promotion even if Burnley beat Preston. We'd be 5 points ahead of Burnley with only 2 games to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Win our last game and its 91 points for boro! Which i guessed earlier on :D ok the rest is unlikely unless qpr beat burnley and they only manage a draw at charlton, but woop! Go me :D

Edit: no i mean 2 draws for burnley, then id have them right.