oneBoro Forum
CAS04

Generosity/Help required.

Good afternoon from the UAE Ladies and Gents.

Forgive me for not been as active over the later months of this season, but today im speaking to a Footballing family in hope that a little help and support will help a loving caring Family climb back onto their feet.

If you are not already aware, i am living and working out in Abu Dhabi and follow the Boro religiously as the Muslims out here follow Islam. We have met many great friends out here and all the expats become one huge family and always willing to help out as an when required.

A friend from within our circle has had a torrid time of recent and is left with a huge medical bill that his employer is only willing to cover 50% of the costs. So as a family we are pulling together as all great families do and helping out in anyway we can.

In early 2015 David and his wife found out that they had fallen pregnant with their first child after years of trying. As pregnancies go it was as normal as any other - Until 1 morning David's wife took ill during the night suffering from what she believed to be pregnancy related illness. After spending 24 hours in bed trying to sleep it off she was taken to a local hospital as she had deteriorated pretty badly.

On arrival at the hospital she collapsed in the waiting room, whilst 5 months pregnant. The baby was born hours later by emergency C-section and spent the 1st 4 month of her life in ICU and other special treatment wards. The baby is now recovering well and with the hope of God she will pull through all her complications and grow to be a very successful young woman. 

On the other hand, Davids wife has now been flown back to Ireland were she will undergo some major surgery and tests. She is currently bed bound and unable to communicate. Dr's have told David that she may never fully recover and are unaware of what cause this disastrous event. 

Which leads me to my question... We are arranging a huge event to raise the remaining amount of the medical bill by auctioning off sport memorabilia. I was hoping that by preparing this thread somebody from the club or within the know may be able to donate out of kindness some items of sporting related memorabilia that can be donated to the event to raise money for this fantastic cause.

Any and all help would be massively appreciated. 

Please help the best you can.

Good luck with this and might I suggest that those a***st your friends and colleagues who are involved contact all the welfare officers of each club to see what you can get via donations.

Yvonne Fergusson at MFC will be a good start for Boro. Yvonne.fergusson@mfc.co.uk

Good luck with this and might I suggest that those a***st your friends and colleagues who are involved contact all the welfare officers of each club to see what you can get via donations.

Yvonne Fergusson at MFC will be a good start for Boro. Yvonne.fergusson@mfc.co.uk

As always DS appreciate your support.

Hi, sorry to hear about David and his wife. I live in Dubai so pls let me know the details of the event and I will support it as well.

Regards

Anders

Hi, sorry to hear about David and his wife. I live in Dubai so pls let me know the details of the event and I will support it as well.

Regards

Anders

This is great news, more the merrier as they say. il get the details from my wife and post them on the thread.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• 29th May SC Freiburg  v  Bayer Leverkusen. A 30th May. Mainz  v  1899 Hoffenheim. D FC Schalke  v  Werder Bremem H Hertha Berlin  v  FC Augsburg. D VfL Wolfsburg.  v  Eintracht Frankfurt. H Bayern Munich  v  Fortuna Dusseldorf. H 31st May. Borussia Monchenladbach  v  FC Union Berlin. H SC Paderborn  v  Borussia Dortmund. A 1st June. FC Koln  v  RB Leizig. A 2nd June. Werder Bremem  v  Eintracht Frankfurt H  
    • My local club was back in action again yesterday behind closed doors. However they had invited supporters to join via zoom and had then set up huge big screens in the stadium in front of the stands that could show up to 200 hundred streams of supporters from their own homes. I watched the game on TV while also attending via zoom and it actually worked fine. There is a video of it here on a Danish newspaper. Just let it get past the commercials https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/dansk_fodbold/superligaen/agf/gaar-verden-rundt-igen-banebrydende/8141368 They also played a sound stream out through the PA system of a former home match, so you got some crowd noise and singing. The players were really happy about it and the atmosphere also got though on TV. Days before the game it was also possible to go the fan shop and get free cardboard figures to paint and set up in the stands. Football is back and I love it.
    • OK, I may have said too much by saying "it isn't dangerous in any way". While I obviously acknowledge that there is risk when humans have contact, I'll rephrase it to probably one of the lowest risks across the country considering they are well guarded and have weekly tests so they can be treated immediatly and they are healthy young athletes.   Well that was something I would expect, and even if football was still under lockdown in Germany they might have gotten it anyway considering they have interactions with people outside football too. At least they are quickly diagnosed now so they can go into quarantine and their family can get tested right away too. This way you can easily and quickly break the chain of infection.  It's hardly the footballing industry's fault that people can't behave properly. We've opened up a lot over the last month in Denmark and massively increased testing and the number of infected people have still dropped massively and the number of people in hospital have decreased to a level where it's almost insignificant and the we're only using 4% of our respirators.  My point is we need to learn to live with it and looking at the professional football industry the risks aren't big enough to justify keeping it under lockdown. What people do in the private households isn't the fault of football. There are thousands of jobs on the line and you can't just keep that locked down when the risks don't justify it. It really hasn't got anything to do with greed but rather a weighted consideration of which industry can open at what risk. I really fail to see the huge risks of football behind closed doors. If it's because people will get together in large gatherings, drink from the same beer and not keep a distance then it's because they are stupid and not because of football itself. 
    • I'm not playing anymore. It was bad enough having to predict League 1 and 2 fixtures, there's no way i'm attempting to keep up with Bundesliga ones.
    • Still missing quite a few predictions for Round 37. Tonight's kick off is 7.30pm so take a few minutes to post them predictions please.   Round 37..Frid: 29th May. 19.30hr Kick Off.