oneBoro Forum

Generosity/Help required.

Good afternoon from the UAE Ladies and Gents.

Forgive me for not been as active over the later months of this season, but today im speaking to a Footballing family in hope that a little help and support will help a loving caring Family climb back onto their feet.

If you are not already aware, i am living and working out in Abu Dhabi and follow the Boro religiously as the Muslims out here follow Islam. We have met many great friends out here and all the expats become one huge family and always willing to help out as an when required.

A friend from within our circle has had a torrid time of recent and is left with a huge medical bill that his employer is only willing to cover 50% of the costs. So as a family we are pulling together as all great families do and helping out in anyway we can.

In early 2015 David and his wife found out that they had fallen pregnant with their first child after years of trying. As pregnancies go it was as normal as any other - Until 1 morning David's wife took ill during the night suffering from what she believed to be pregnancy related illness. After spending 24 hours in bed trying to sleep it off she was taken to a local hospital as she had deteriorated pretty badly.

On arrival at the hospital she collapsed in the waiting room, whilst 5 months pregnant. The baby was born hours later by emergency C-section and spent the 1st 4 month of her life in ICU and other special treatment wards. The baby is now recovering well and with the hope of God she will pull through all her complications and grow to be a very successful young woman. 

On the other hand, Davids wife has now been flown back to Ireland were she will undergo some major surgery and tests. She is currently bed bound and unable to communicate. Dr's have told David that she may never fully recover and are unaware of what cause this disastrous event. 

Which leads me to my question... We are arranging a huge event to raise the remaining amount of the medical bill by auctioning off sport memorabilia. I was hoping that by preparing this thread somebody from the club or within the know may be able to donate out of kindness some items of sporting related memorabilia that can be donated to the event to raise money for this fantastic cause.

Any and all help would be massively appreciated. 

Please help the best you can.

Good luck with this and might I suggest that those a***st your friends and colleagues who are involved contact all the welfare officers of each club to see what you can get via donations.

Yvonne Fergusson at MFC will be a good start for Boro. Yvonne.fergusson@mfc.co.uk

Good luck with this and might I suggest that those a***st your friends and colleagues who are involved contact all the welfare officers of each club to see what you can get via donations.

Yvonne Fergusson at MFC will be a good start for Boro. Yvonne.fergusson@mfc.co.uk

As always DS appreciate your support.

Hi, sorry to hear about David and his wife. I live in Dubai so pls let me know the details of the event and I will support it as well.

Regards

Anders

This is great news, more the merrier as they say. il get the details from my wife and post them on the thread.