oneBoro Forum

Boro v Burnley (A) 1-1

in the system we play, Bamford every day of the week.

Really? I accept that Bamford scored one or two goals that he kind of created himself, which Rhodes hasn't done yet. However, I think Rhodes' work rate, and his movement, and the balls he wins if/when it's pumped forward are all better than Bamford's.

Anyway... as the other poster pointed out, JR is our player rather than PB a loanee... so Rhodes every time!!!

COME ON BORO -  we can do this!!!

I can't believe members are discussing a man who doesn't want to play for us against a man who it seems did everything in his power to come here - and I get accused of posting crap by certain members. At the time of transfers I thought Bamford was the better option both finacially and he has proven he can play in our system but I saw against Reading JR was doing everything right its just our players weren't reading his runs. Saturday proved his persistance and our players starting to understand his way of play is beginning to work, so  I'd say yes to Bamford in Jan if he wanted to play for us but a massive yes to the man who got us three massive points on Sat and wants to play for the Boro.  I genuinely think we can beat Burnley - we have the firepower and the players, the team spirit looks great, to see the players huggin each other and the elation says everything to me. A nervous  2-0 to the Boro!!!!

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really? I accept that Bamford scored one or two goals that he kind of created himself, which Rhodes hasn't done yet. However, I think Rhodes' work rate, and his movement, and the balls he wins if/when it's pumped forward are all better than Bamford's.

Anyway... as the other poster pointed out, JR is our player rather than PB a loanee... so Rhodes every time!!!

COME ON BORO - we can do this!!!

Did you watch Bamford play in our system?! The work rate and movement of Bamford was outstanding?!

I'm not slagging Rhodes off here because I rate Rhodes, but the only thing he has over Bamford is his poaching instincts. Bamford's traits just fit our shape better than Rhodes. His link up play, his running of the channels and pace, he could make his own goals. Rhodes being our player is irrelevant, i judge them both objectively.

PB since he left Boro has done nothing whatsoever to enhance his standing heck he has not scored a league goal for over a year now so all of the above is hypothetical!

Whats that got to do with anything? We're talking about what they've both done with Boro.

COME ON BORO -  we can do this!!!

I can't believe members are discussing a man who doesn't want to play for us against a man who it seems did everything in his power to come here - and I get accused of posting crap by certain members. At the time of transfers I thought Bamford was the better option both finacially and he has proven he can play in our system but I saw against Reading JR was doing everything right its just our players weren't reading his runs. Saturday proved his persistance and our players starting to understand his way of play is beginning to work, so  I'd say yes to Bamford in Jan if he wanted to play for us but a massive yes to the man who got us three massive points on Sat and wants to play for the Boro.  I genuinely think we can beat Burnley - we have the firepower and the players, the team spirit looks great, to see the players huggin each other and the elation says everything to me. A nervous  2-0 to the Boro!!!!

I don't see why their respective "desire" to play for us makes any difference in assessing their merits as footballers in our system?

I still can't believe we are going to be without a stream for this match. It's the biggest game in the Championship so far this season and most of us won't be able to watch it. Come on Sky, get your crew together and get yourself to Burnley.

What a tough game this is going to be. It's probably as even as you get. We can definatley do it but it's going to take a huge performance from everyone. Let's hope players like Ayala, Leadbitter and Ramirez are back to their best and Rhodes has finally hit his streak.

Boro to win 1-0 with another performance like the one at Carrow Road last season.

i dont think it will turn out to be an even game. look at norwich v sunderland the other day massive massive game you'd think it would be a cagey affair. nope sunderland blew them away, fair play to them to pull out that win. i see something similar tuesday. if the home team let the importance of the occasion get to them they will lose heavily. they really do have all the pressure on them, we have just been under heavy pressure leading up to this game because we knew the importance of it, we have come though with 18 from 18. we've dont the hard work so we can go out on tuesday and really go at them without the fear they have.

if we lose we are still in control of our own destiny, if they lose then they NEED to win every game, another slip up and they are in the playoffs. Now that is real pressure.

Nothing between these teams. I think both have been under-performing against the "easier" teams and making life difficult as a result. I expect both will be up for it on Tuesday night.

Burnley hold a few aces with home ground advantage and a team full of premier league players. A lot will be down to the managers and how they prepare their teams both before the game and at half time.

Here's hoping.

Have you actually looked at Burnley's record against the bottom half of the league?

They've only lost one match to anyone outside the top ten.

Yes, and won every game they've played against the bottom 9 teams.

okay, I'll write it in longhand then...in the last few games Boro and Burnley have been winning against the "easier" teams. Normally by the odd goal and, in our case, in stoppage time.

I really couldn't care about either teams' results throughout the entire season as that means absolutely nothing tomorrow night. We are talking about the here and now and that probably means the last 3-4 games. Neither side is blitzing the opposition.

In terms of how they've so far performed for Boro, it has to be Bamford > Rhodes. And I say this as a massive fan of Rhodes. He's been getting better and better by the game and those 2 that came at Bolton were long overdue.

But I agree with Humpty. He made things for himself, was pacy, so intelligent for a young striker and he had a good finish from all sorts of angles. That goal vs Ipswich... amazing.

i dont think it will turn out to be an even game. look at norwich v sunderland the other day massive massive game you'd think it would be a cagey affair. nope sunderland blew them away, fair play to them to pull out that win. i see something similar tuesday. if the home team let the importance of the occasion get to them they will lose heavily. they really do have all the pressure on them, we have just been under heavy pressure leading up to this game because we knew the importance of it, we have come though with 18 from 18. we've dont the hard work so we can go out on tuesday and really go at them without the fear they have.

if we lose we are still in control of our own destiny, if they lose then they NEED to win every game, another slip up and they are in the playoffs. Now that is real pressure.

100% this!

First time since 1991 we've won six in a row.   ....when is the last time we won 7

I wasn't even born (born 1992) the last time we won 6 in a row. Incredible.

We did it last year in the League and Cup, but 1987 was the last time we won 7 league games in a row

1987 ! It shows how hard it is and how hard it'll be on the

I actually thought the scoreline flattered Sunderland. The second Sunderland goal came after Norwich should have had a free kick, and the third goal in 90+1 when the game as already over.

Having said that.... I would take an identical 3-0 for Boro tomorrow night!!

its harder now than then to. the quality in this division now is at an all time high. the old 442 with 2 wingers usually resulted in home team's winning and losing away. the new tactics now make it harder and home to get results. unfortunately for us loads of teams employ away tactics at home against us.

i understand fergie back in the day now moaning about teams trying harder against manu. i've lost count of the times teams have played out of their skins against us. look back at all the opponent manager comments they are all praising their team for doing well. holloway said after the qpr game 'its the best they've played for about 2 years'. bristol city, rotherham, charlton, mk dons, bolton, the list goes on of rubbish teams upping their game against us. even the better team do it.

We are more than capable of beating Burnley away from home. We certainly have the tools to do so. We have to remember that Burnley are where they are for a reason. They know how to grind out results, just like we do. Turf Moor will be bouncing and i think the comparison to Carrow Road last season is a good one, however i think this game will have more of a definitive outcome on the end of season result for us than the Norwich game.

I wouldn't like to put my mortgage on this game.

I actually thought the scoreline flattered Sunderland. The second Sunderland goal came after Norwich should have had a free kick, and the third goal in 90+1 when the game as already over.

Having said that.... I would take an identical 3-0 for Boro tomorrow night!!

tbh i never even seen the highlights just the score.

---------------Dimi-------------

Nsue---Ayala----Gibson---Friend

----Leadbitter---Clayton-------

Adomah--Ramirez---Downing

------------Rhodes--------------

Im going for an entertaining 2-2. 2-0 at HT with Ramirez brining it to 2-1 and the Nugent coming off the bench to steal a late point.