oneBoro Forum

Boro v Burnley (A) 1-1

I know Gray is currently the top scorer in the Championship this season but does anyone recall him really ever causing us any problems in our 4 games against Brentford last season (asides from the Dimi blunder) or in our home game against Burnley earlier this season?

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes taking of penna's, so he has 4 for us and if he took our penn's he'd be on 6. if he wasnt rotated as much he probably would have nicked another goal or two and also took the others pennas in them games. he could quite easily have scored 9/10 for us if he played every game and took pen's. we'd all be loving him even more, and saying he'd score 30 if he was here all season. fine margins i guess.

I know Gray is currently the top scorer in the Championship this season but does anyone recall him really ever causing us any problems in our 4 games against Brentford last season (asides from the Dimi blunder) or in our home game against Burnley earlier this season?

Yes during the league game at Griffin park he was a nuisance. He got in to some great positions and missed a couple of sitters. Seems to have become more clinical this season.

He missed an absolutely glorious chance down at Brentford in the play-offs as well, if I recall correctly. Could have won them the game.

I think he's much improved from watching him in that game though. He looks much fitter and stronger for a start. The goal he got at Brum on Saturday was great positioning from him as well as awful defending with the majority of defenders sat watching Boyd without challenging him. He knows where he needs to be in the box and if we give him a sniff, I'd say there's pretty much a certainty in him burying it.

Tommorow is certainly going to be interesting. I thought we would get beat at Bolton just because I know what we are like at times but against then better teams we play as karanka would say "in our style" . But tommorow I'm calm and definitely see us getting something out of the game. It's a test for me as last year we lost to Bournemouth and Watford away at critical times but then beat Norwich one nil . I really think tho it'll be 2-1 Rhodes and ramirez

I can't stop thinking about this game. Usually I can be quite good at switching off, and putting it to the back of my mind, but with this one I've been thinking of every scenario in my head. Just want it to come and go, so I know better where we stand.

God help me for the next three after that.

I was at the Wolves v Boro match in 1992 that was a nervy match too Nicky Mohan was sent off, then we went a goal down ended up winning 2-1 when the final whistle went I grabbed the person next to me an plonked a wet kiss full on the lips thank god it was a girl,never seen her before or since but I bet she remembers then i had to run hell for leather for my train to plymouth

Barnaby that story brought a tear to my eye.

Let's launch a campaign to reunite Barnaby with his long lost Boro kiss lady.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time for this game, this could either really make our play for the top 2 or could be a bit of a sucker punch, a draw would be just as good for us so I fully expect Burnley to really go for it and that might play into our hands although we have to be much better than Saturday!

All this confidence from everyone is making me more nervous this is when we normally get let down when everyone thinks we dead certs! The Bolton game people expected us to struggle and some even get beat and we won so... :dodgy:

UTB

@TyMarshall_LT

Sean Dyche says there are still 'question marks' over the fitness of Sam Vokes and Joey Barton ahead of #twitterclarets clash with #Boro

They'll both play. Make no mistake about that.