• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes i agree h's been playing nsue on wing so he can take him off for a rest the last couple of games. at the same time playing nsue enabled us to rest ramirez for the key burnley match. leadbitter has also been rested with that game in mind.

i think the rotation over the last few games has been absolutely spot on. i'm not just saying that because we won either. AK's rotation has baffled us in the past but its been pretty clear what hes doing this time leading up to burnley.

leadbitter looked very leggy (rested), ramirez took a knock to the ribs (rested), nsue played 90min every game for an age but getting subbed off after an hour last couple of games (nice rest).

Rhodes needed games to get settled in as rotating in and out with nugent was not helping him. now playing every game. now hes big in form ready for burnley. nugent has been coming on as sub and looking really sharp to, hes nice and fresh again after losing form for a bit.

forshaw has been getting more game time and is doing really well so much so clayton was rested after taking a knock to the thigh and AK is trusting him enough to rest leadbitter to. last season that wouldnt/never did happen.

ayala has got back in and has a few games under his belt, kalas has played loads so can fill in match fit. de laet can fill in for both fullbacks if a rest is needed.

stuani has been out of form but if needed he is fresh and could well make an impact for us if required.

downing looks hungry again.

all this has been happening and we have won the last 6 games, we've not been brilliant but the character of the squad has been first class. AK since that bust up has managed the squad absolutely perfect. we are seeing the rewards on the pitch. everyone is pulling together. exciting times for us.

i can see us going to burnley and really dominating them. look at the other top of the table clashes this season derby 2-0, brighton 3-0, hull 1-0 burnley 1-0, sheff wed 1-0/3-1. we lost 3-0 to hull and an early 1-1 draw at derby which are the only blips.

see all those nils. its pretty clear that we usually turn up against the best sides and that usually means a clean sheet and 3 points.

UTB.

From purely anecdotal evidence from numerous comments made on here. " We perform better against the better sides" Anecdotal evidence, because life is far to short to be trawling the internet for statistics and data. Added to that, I am blessed with memory capability of a senile dementia suffering chicken. Anyway in this regard I have a theory which I would like to run up the flagpole. AK has a background of playing and coaching at the very highest level. he is meticulous and intelligent. My theory is, that bearing these facts in mind, he may find it easier and be more effective at the analysis of the tactics, strengths and weaknesses of the more successful teams. This because successful teams are usually better organised and drilled. They are therefore more predictable in their play.

Am I clutching at straws here because of the importance of the next four games, perhaps, but I do hope that I am right. Anyway will shall see.

We have a premier league ref in charge for this one

Referee Mike Jones

Linesman Andrew Garratt and Adrian Holmes

Not necessarily good news. He's an incompetent ring piece.

Burnleys own fans admit they struggle against the "top" teams. Let's hope that's the case.

I'll take a draw!

From purely anecdotal evidence from numerous comments made on here. " We perform better against the better sides" Anecdotal evidence, because life is far to short to be trawling the internet for statistics and data. Added to that, I am blessed with memory capability of a senile dementia suffering chicken. Anyway in this regard I have a theory which I would like to run up the flagpole. AK has a background of playing and coaching at the very highest level. he is meticulous and intelligent. My theory is, that bearing these facts in mind, he may find it easier and be more effective at the analysis of the tactics, strengths and weaknesses of the more successful teams. This because successful teams are usually better organised and drilled. They are therefore more predictable in their play.

Am I clutching at straws here because of the importance of the next four games, perhaps, but I do hope that I am right. Anyway will shall see.

I think you may have a bit of a point regarding better teams usually having much more set styles compared to poor teams.

However, at Real Madrid apart 5/6 games a season they would have to prepare for playing against teams significantly worse than them.

Referee Mike Jones

Burnleys own fans admit they struggle against the "top" teams. Let's hope that's the case.

I'll take a draw!

I've just had a quick look at our stats v the current top twelve teams:

Burnley have won 5, drawn 10 and lost 4 out of 18 games

Boro have won 12, drawn 4 and lost 2 out of 18 games,

Which look positive for us. Burnley are very effective at beating bottom half teams, but do seem to struggle against the top teams. Pretty much the opposite to us :P

Referee Mike Jones

I'll take a draw!

I've just had a quick look at our stats v the current top twelve teams:

Burnley have won 5, drawn 10 and lost 4 out of 18 games

Boro have won 12, drawn 4 and lost 2 out of 18 games,

Which look positive for us. Burnley are very effective at beating bottom half teams, but do seem to struggle against the top teams. Pretty much the opposite to us :P

I saw a table of the top six 'mini league' earlier and Burnley were actually second best behind us. However they have averaged nearly 1 point per game less than us. Nobody in this league is as good as us against our direct rivals, not even close.

Burnley are a physical side more than a spectacular one, I think we need the Krays in midfield Leadbitter & Clayton to get stuck into them, Nsue back at RB, Ramirez back in, Adomah back on the right, Downing back left, not sure who to pick at CB, because I thought Ayala and Gibbo were awful yesterday.

Burnley are a physical side more than a spectacular one, I think we need the Krays in midfield Leadbitter & Clayton to get stuck into them, Nsue back at RB, Ramirez back in, Adomah back on the right, Downing back left, not sure who to pick at CB, because I thought Ayala and Gibbo were awful yesterday.

They were but they've been amazing for two seasons now nearly every game so I don't think we should drop them in the biggest game during out time in the Championship.

Dimi

Nsue - Ayala - Gibson - Friend

Clayton - Leadbitter

Adomah - Ramirez - Downing

Rhodes

Have a feeling we may see Nugent starting instead of Rhodes. Doubt we'll see them both start, not in a game like this! I wouldn't be against Kalas starting due to Gray's pace.

Whilst I'd be happy with a draw I honestly believe we will win this, I think back to Norwich away last season, beat Brighton when unbeaten away.

3-0, Rhodes,Downing and Leadbitter.

They were but they've been amazing for two seasons now nearly every game so I don't think we should drop them in the biggest game during out time in the Championship.

Yes would probably agree with that, if Ayala plays well he's the best CB in the league, and Gibbo usually plays better along side him, so yep on 2nd thoughts, same again in central defence.

Think most can agree on what our best 11 would be at this stage and how we expect that to be the side to play. Which means Burnley can be pretty confident of who they have to stop. Which means Aitor might think... let's throw a spanner in the works... You never know with Aitor but I think we should and probably will stick to our strengths.

A big difference could be if Sam Vokes gets back for this game. It doesn't seem like it's going to happen but his groin injury isn't serious and it will be interesting to see if Dyche risks him for the game. I imagine Vokes would want to play but will have one eye on the Euros as well so wouldn't be looking to stress anything too much. Ashley Barnes is an able replacement and not to be sniffed at, but Vokes is a more potent threat without doubt.

Barton and Jones vs. Clayton and Leadbitter. I imagine Barton will be sticking in a few feet in, wouldn't be surprised to see an injury to come out of it, wouldn't put it past that man to try and kick someone out of the game and get away with it. I can see a red card coming in this one though not necessarily for him.

Seems pointless saying but team:

Dimi

Nsue Ayala Gibson Friend

Clayton Leadbitter

Adomah Ramirez Downing

Rhodes

It's a massive game, top of the table, both teams will see a win to be hugely important to their chances of going up, particularly Burnley as this is their last chance to really affect what's going on around them in the table. I expect we'll see a different side to the Burnley who have been winning at a canter in the last couple of games.

I'm going for 2-1 to Burnley. 1-0 to them at half-time due to Gray, second from a Barton free-kick and we'll get a goal in the last 10-15 minutes from Nugent and be chasing an equaliser until the end. This time, no late goal to change the result.

I'm not particularly pessimistic about us and at this stage I still think we can go up automatically regardless of this result, I just know there's a reason Burnley are where they are and the way they've been playing recently and winning cannot be expected to last. They're going to have to attack from the start. They have only lost 2 at home this season, 14 wins, 5 draws. They've got 10 out of 12 points against other teams in the top 6 at home, for all that people say they only do it against lower opposition. That compared to our 7 out of 12 away from home at others in the top 6.

If anyone can beat Burnley right now, it's us. But I don't think we will.