Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't Barton hurt?

Came off at ht with a tight hamstring. I think he and vokes will start.

I've watched the last few Burnley games and they remind me of us before Christmas. In the times I've seen them they've been the worse of the two teams playing but have got the result that mattered.

They do seem to struggle against movement so I think Gaston could be key. He can pressure cb's but also be an extra man in the middle when needed. Just hope that if Gaston plays centre then Downing is up for the shift at wide left.

With their formation and players we need everyone to be at the races to get something from this. I would imagine they'll try and get Vokes on Gibson as much as possible.

Burnley have a tough week with Preston on Friday night and Brighton won't find QPR a walk over either.

I'd go with

Dimi

De Laet

Ayala

Gibson

Friend

Clayton

Leadbitter

Adomah

Gaston

Downing

Rhodes

Strangely less nervous about this game than I was the weekend

wilson your a massive burnley fan boy :)

they are just as poor as everyone else in this division. infact on their day hull, derby and us are a far better team. on their forums they are talking about needing another performance like the fa cup one at the riverside.

the one we should of had sown up by half time because we battered them all half. if thats the standard they are looking to we have nothing to fear at all. we never even played our best team from memory.

i honestly think all our recent nerves in games have come because we have been looking ahead to this game. if we pull out a big performance i dont think they can stop us, playing well or not. if burnley went into the play offs i'd be backing hull or derby to beat them especially over 2 legs. they are not a side we should fear.

when we have struggled this season its always been about us underperforming not about the opposition being to good for us. we lose most of our games vs the rubbish sides, you cant tell me its because they are a better side. its the desire to win and our complacency whats cost us i think. its what was driving AK mad leading upto the bust up.

burnley will face the best team to go to turf moor this season on tuesday. if they lose they are gone. they wont catch us. once we start like a train as we do in most of the big games they will be in utter shock. they wont have an answer.

UTFB.

I think we can get a win here, but i also thought that when we played Watford last season. I'd take a draw but i think a boro win will see us there more or less and put pressure both the chasing teams. To be honest i fear ipswich at home and birmingham away more...still think 2 wins from our last 4 will be enough. utb

our poor show vs watford has been mentioned with the burnley match coming up. here is the starting 11. :)

---------bamford

reach----tomlin----adomah

----clayton leadbitter

friend nando woody tiendelli

-----------dimi

6 changes this is how much better we are now compared to then.

bamford vs rhodes------rhodes wins

reach vs downing-------downing wins

tomlin vs ramirez-------ramirez wins

tiendelli vs nsue---------nsue wins

nando vs gibson---------gibson wins

woody vs ayala----------ayala wins

safe to say the likely team to play burnley is far far stronger than what we had out at watford last season.

or anyone who might say they'd rather have bamford than rhodes, well i remember that game he never got a kick like lots of games away from home. he couldn't beat a cb in the air or hold the ball up to save his life. rhodes is more suited to lone striker even thought he is supposed to not suit it.

our poor show vs watford has been mentioned with the burnley match coming up. here is the starting 11. :)

---------bamford

reach----tomlin----adomah

----clayton leadbitter

friend nando woody tiendelli

-----------dimi

6 changes this is how much better we are now compared to then.

bamford vs rhodes------rhodes wins

reach vs downing-------downing wins

tomlin vs ramirez-------ramirez wins

tiendelli vs nsue---------nsue wins

nando vs gibson---------gibson wins

woody vs ayala----------ayala wins

safe to say the likely team to play burnley is far far stronger than what we had out at watford last season.

or anyone who might say they'd rather have bamford than rhodes, well i remember that game he never got a kick like lots of games away from home. he couldn't beat a cb in the air or hold the ball up to save his life. rhodes is more suited to lone striker even thought he is supposed to not suit it.

Tiendalli must be up there as one of our worst ever loan signings. :D

Biggest game of the season, win and I think we're basically there. Losing wouldn't be catastrophic though, a point is a great result and a defeat probably just makes it more likely that we will need a result on the last day which I think we are more than capable of getting.

Biggest game of the season, win and I think we're basically there. Losing wouldn't be catastrophic though, a point is a great result and a defeat probably just makes it more likely that we will need a result on the last day which I think we are more than capable of getting.

Agree.

Mathematically, if we were to beat Brighton last game , we only need 3 points from the next 3 games to be promoted automatically.

but id absolutely love a win at Burnley

I've just had a quick look at our stats v the current top twelve teams:

Burnley have won 5, drawn 10 and lost 4 out of 18 games

Boro have won 12, drawn 4 and lost 2 out of 18 games,

Which look positive for us. Burnley are very effective at beating bottom half teams, but do seem to struggle against the top teams. Pretty much the opposite to us :P

Not to put a dampener on things but don't forget that we played most of what is the top 12 during our indestructible phase when nobody could even score past us let alone beat us.  That was what was actually most impressive about that run really that we were knocking down the best teams in the league while doing it.  From memory we played QPR, Ipswich, Birmingham, Burnley, Brighton, Sheff Wed and Derby during that period.  We aren't at that level now though so whilst it's not irrelevant I'm not sure how relevant it is.   If we could rediscover it for a fortnight...