oneBoro Forum

Boro v Burnley (A) 1-1

First time since 1991 we've won six in a row. ....when is the last time we won 7

I wasn't even born (born 1992) the last time we won 6 in a row. Incredible.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First time since 1991 we've won six in a row.   ....when is the last time we won 7

I wasn't even born (born 1992) the last time we won 6 in a row. Incredible.

We did it last year in the League and Cup, but 1987 was the last time we won 7 league games in a row

Nothing between these teams. I think both have been under-performing against the "easier" teams and making life difficult as a result. I expect both will be up for it on Tuesday night.

Burnley hold a few aces with home ground advantage and a team full of premier league players. A lot will be down to the managers and how they prepare their teams both before the game and at half time.

Here's hoping.

a team full of premier league players? apart from one season when they proved they were not good enough(collectively). they have barton now is he premier league quality? maybe. gray i like but hes never been in the premier league.

on the other hand we have downing who is proven, ramirez who struggled but still you can see he is a top league player. nugent has played premier league so has de laet. nsue and stuani have proven in la liga(another top euro league). kalas has played in the prem so has friend so has leadbitter.

i'd say we both have lots of players who have played in the premier league but all of them except downing ramirez and barton have been with the strugglers and been relegated.

Hate to be the one to be negative but I am not optimistic. We are the inform team with 6 straight wins but my words has that papered over some of our performances! I fully understand that it's all about results at this stage of the season and I am delighted at where we are but I thought we were awful against Bolton and lacked any real intensity/desire - bar the last 10 minutes.

Burnley are nothing special in my opinion and if we can stop Gray (and Vokes if he plays) then I think we should get something from the game. Would be on cloud nine if we win and there is no team I'd rather beat this season than Burnley, but but I'm going for 1-0 defeat.

Also to the chap comparing our team to that of the game last season v Watford.... Rhodes > Bamford? No chance! Bamford was a much bigger threat than Rhodes currently is, hence winning the Championship player of the year award.

Hate to be the one to be negative but I am not optimistic. We are the inform team with 6 straight wins but my words has that papered over some of our performances! I fully understand that it's all about results at this stage of the season and I am delighted at where we are but I thought we were awful against Bolton and lacked any real intensity/desire - bar the last 10 minutes.

Burnley are nothing special in my opinion and if we can stop Gray (and Vokes if he plays) then I think we should get something from the game. Would be on cloud nine if we  win and there is no team I'd rather beat this season than Burnley, but  but I'm going for 1-0 defeat.

Also to the chap comparing our team to that of the game last season v Watford.... Rhodes > Bamford? No chance! Bamford was a much bigger threat than Rhodes currently is, hence winning the Championship player of the year award.

Have to say I disagree, I think against Bolton we played okay, first half Downing hit the bar and we repeatedly got crosses in just lacked the cutting edge and second half we sprung back into life when they scored and showed real resilience too win a tough game in truth.

We certainly could keep Gray and Vokes out, although our defence may have seemed weaker in these last few games there is a reason why it is the best in the division and also a reason why 2 of the players made the Football League Team of the Season (Ayala & Friend).

I also think Bamford was a massive player for us last season and possibly was a bigger threat than Rhodes is but Adomah, Ramirez and Downing is a greater threat than Tomlin, Vossen and Adomah from last season. Bamford may have won Championship POTY but probably shouldn't have. Overall as a team this season we are better off than we were this time last season.

When it comes to Rhodes and Bamford I'd honestly rather have Rhodes. I know Bamford had his strengths but I think Rhodes is better all round striker who is more consistently proven in the Championship and let's not forget that Bamford had his games where he went missing, especially in the big games when it mattered. As well as that he's been a bit of a flop in the Premier League up to now and I'd like to think Rhodes would do better if we went up. And that's not to mention Rhodes is our player as opposed to a loanee.

Nothing between these teams. I think both have been under-performing against the "easier" teams and making life difficult as a result. I expect both will be up for it on Tuesday night.

Burnley hold a few aces with home ground advantage and a team full of premier league players. A lot will be down to the managers and how they prepare their teams both before the game and at half time.

Here's hoping.

Have you actually looked at Burnley's record against the bottom half of the league?

They've only lost one match to anyone outside the top ten.

in the system we play, Bamford every day of the week.

Really? I accept that Bamford scored one or two goals that he kind of created himself, which Rhodes hasn't done yet. However, I think Rhodes' work rate, and his movement, and the balls he wins if/when it's pumped forward are all better than Bamford's.

Anyway... as the other poster pointed out, JR is our player rather than PB a loanee... so Rhodes every time!!!

COME ON BORO - we can do this!!!

Here's hoping.

Have you actually looked at Burnley's record against the bottom half of the league?

They've only lost one match to anyone outside the top ten.

Yes, and won every game they've played against the bottom 9 teams.

Just been looking at worst case scenarios: if Boro lose all the remaining games then... no chance for automatic places. If we win one and lose the rest (W1 L3), and Brighton and Burnley win all there games, the table on the final day will be:

Burnley 92

Brighton 91

Boro 88

So we will go into Boro vs Brighton game with the winner getting promoted, with of course goal difference coming into account but I don't expect Brighton's GD to shoot up to the 30s.

rhodes not scored an chances he created himself? he has like. at qpr a random long ball he turned into a goal at bolton the first one his instinctive reactions created the goal, at mk dons long high ball into box he headed in, the second at bolton he was unmarked and free to nod in. the balls dont just land on his head in the box his anticipation and movement created all f his goals so far. bamford scored a few where he beat a man and finished, which to the untrained eye might seem like better goals i guess :)

PB since he left Boro has done nothing whatsoever to enhance his standing heck he has not scored a league goal for over a year now so all of the above is hypothetical!

This game is massive, so big that there should be a ten foot MASSIVE neon sign installed above Turf Moor declaring "Massive Game" for all attending fans to witness as they arrive before the game!

Putting it simply this game could be considered as THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON AND SINCE RELEGATION.............so far!!!

A win for Boro could very well make the Ipswich game as the game to confirm promotion should we win and Burnley fail to beat PNE this coming Friday (boy will that thread be busy).

Ok a draw may seem to be an acceptable result but if Brighton win that little gap that we are hoping to extend will not occur which then makes the weekend games even more nerve wracking.

Burnley surely can not continue this amazing streak can they? If we play the way we all know we can, and I am certain that all Boro players and staff know this, then we can put an end to this fantastic Burnley run.

A minimum 5 point difference between us and 3rd place with 3 games to go must be the target and I believe that Boro can do this I really do!