•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 Preston beat Burnley we beat Ipswich that takes us 5 clear with just 6 left

2 Burnley draw and we win we go 4 clear with 6 left

Either of those scenarios we would be up with a draw for 1 or win for 2 at Birmingham

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see Burnley dropping points at Preston. They are 20 games without defeat and that late equaliser will have energised them unfortunately. Fingers crossed anyway.

1 Preston beat Burnley we beat Ipswich that takes us 5 clear with just 6 left

2 Burnley draw and we win we go 4 clear with 6 left

Either of those scenarios we would be up with a draw for 1 or win for 2 at Birmingham

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see Burnley dropping points at Preston. They are 20 games without defeat and that late equaliser will have energised them unfortunately. Fingers crossed anyway.

Preston are very, very good at home. Especially against the top 4/6. We just need them to do it once more.

by the magic of scheduling Burnley have a 3 day turnaround to Preston then don't play again for 10 days. Similarly, Brighton play on Monday May 2 giving us a window of opportunity. If we win both our next 2 games then we will be at least 5 points clear of "the other two" come May 2.

If anyone even draws now it is critical

Before the game I'd have accepted the draw, even with Brighton winning 4-0, so I'm trying to remember that despite the obvious massive disappointment. It was our toughest game on paper and sounded a very difficult game that we could could easily have also lost as we were hanging on in the second half. If we held on to the win we'd have been as good us promoted so it's a horrible feeling at the moment.

Out of us, Burnley and Brighton our fans will be the most disappointed despite being in the strongest position as we have a 2 points advantage and arguably the most favourable fixture list so we need to put emotions to one side. We have two home games and one away game, whilst they only have one home game and two away games, albeit they both play Charlton away which should be simple shouldn't it.... Burnley's local derby on Friday is their biggest test, especially with the short rest period before it. Brighton seem to be flying at the moment so it looks like nothing will stop them so I'd be surprised if they drop any points before we meet them on the final day of the season.

What are the injuries to Friend and Ramirez?. Hopefully they aren't too bad, particularly the Ramirez injury as he's our bit of magic in attack.

On a side note, if we slip into the pay offs, heaven forbid, then we'll in all certainties be against Sheffield Wednesday in the semi's. Hopefully it doesn't come to that!.

I was keeping an eye on your game tonight as you're our next opponents and realise the Burnley goal when it arrived must have been hard to take but seriously, I think you did very well to lead for so long and very nearly win it and all this at an opposition team that also occupied an automatic promotion place. Maybe one or two of your support would have taken the draw before start of play ?

Reading through some of the post game reaction it's easy to pick up on that many are concerned about the last remaining fixtures and can you pick up enough points for first or second place and hope other results go your way with it.

Just like to say that rest assured you will get a victory over us at the weekend. Anyone up there in the North East and still awake, get a good nights sleep as you will have three points to add to the promotion cause by Sunday. We were in a similar situation tonight where a goal arrived in the last minute, but it was ourselves who scored it and rescued a 1 - 1 draw : despite the opposition (Fulham) creating three times as many chances over the course of the game and us not managing a shot on target until some 20 minutes into the second half. Yes we were 'pleased' to save it right at the end but it couldn't hide the fact we were very poor once again and completely devoid of ideas for much of the game, I swear one or two of the crowd tonight had fallen asleep as the game progressed. Mick McCarthy only knows one way - and his way is extremely boring and tedious. A good side could really beat us by a cricket score if in the right mood and fearful it could be this weekend.

Sure it won't happen, but even if Middlesbrough were to miss out on the top two you will still have the safety net of the play-off games to come and you're stronger and better experienced than last season so still everything to play for. A few months ago we may have joined you but at some stage of the season, the players decided they weren't going to be motivated for anything and simply gave up the fight and we have thrown away a considerable amount of points in the last few weeks alone. Pity really as the chance was there but one or two players aside, our gutless bunch of 'professionals' have showed a clear lack of ambition and desire and for another year since 2002, we will start next season in the second league of English football.

Sorry to keep on there but it hurts when you see other teams with drive and ambition who can get things done, and then you go back to your own club side who are on a long road to nowhere, with an owner who doesn't care and a manager who is as much use as re-usable ice cubes. Seems strange we were both in the play-offs last year as it seems an eternity away right now.

PS If Jordan Rhodes should become surplus to requirement any time up there, could you please send him back to us - we could really use a reliable centre forward right now.

I was at The Riverside watching the beamback and it was absolutely gut wrenching to see their stoppage time goal (similar to the feeling when we condeded late at Derby earlier in the season) and it would've felt so good to end their 19 game unbeaten run. Still, we've had a lot of late goals go our way recently so I suppose we can't complain too much.

I was really gutted to see Friend go off injured but I'm trying to take some comfort in the fact that we've got 2 more than competent replacements in de Laet and Husband. I hope Gaston's injury isn't too serious either and that he's OK for Saturday.

After arriving home at 3 am I would just like to say that Burnley area very average team

75 mins a really good performance with the last 15 getting deeper and deeper and eventually conceding a sloppy equaliser

Still would have taken that at the start so onwards to Saturday

ps ... how the referee after booking Moxey didn't send him off for the handball which he penalised I don't know

pps ... was worried at the time but wasn't Leadbitters foul on Barton class