oneBoro Forum

Boro v Burnley (A) 1-1

Who made that out? Humpty didn't and neither did I.

Sorry I thought that's what you were trying to say with the hindsight comments mate.  That there was only one logical choice at the time but then afterwards when it hasn't worked people are suggesting other things that nobody would have suggested at the time.  I probably just misunderstood.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Long ball Burnley.

I'd be embarrassed if I was a Burnley player, manager of fan if my team were making  85 long ball passes per game (almost one every minute). You have to be really poor at this level if you can't get the ball on the ground and pass it around. At League two level it's forgivable because players aren't as good and neither are pitches but if Burnley go up after fluking a draw because they pumped the ball forward 85 times and got lucky with one of them then they'll be straight back down when they come up against 19 passing, footballing sides like us in the Premier League. They're an embarrassment to football.

4KuVyax.png

Long ball Burnley.

I'd be embarrassed if I was a Burnley player, manager of fan if my team were making  85 long ball passes per game (almost one every minute). You have to be really poor at this level if you can't get the ball on the ground and pass it around. At League two level it's forgivable because players aren't as good and neither are pitches but if Burnley go up after fluking a draw because they pumped the ball forward 85 times and got lucky with one of them then they'll be straight back down when they come up against 19 passing, footballing sides like us in the Premier League. They're an embarrassment to football.

4KuVyax.png

Anyone going to tell him? :D

Long ball Burnley.

4KuVyax.png

Anyone going to tell him? :D

Nope

Sorry I thought that's what you were trying to say with the hindsight comments mate.  That there was only one logical choice at the time but then afterwards when it hasn't worked people are suggesting other things that nobody would have suggested at the time.  I probably just misunderstood.

Kalas was bought on after Burnley had scored, not before. Still I enjoyed your arguing everybody. :cool:

Kalas was bought on after Burnley had scored, not before. Still I enjoyed your arguing everybody. :cool:

What does that have to do with whether it might have been a good idea to bring Nugent on for Rhodes earlier?

Imploding Turtle welcome to the forum. Interesting first post. I don't recall anyone calling you a long ball team but it clearly irks you. But otherwise it was a

Brilliantly

Emotive

List of

Long passes

Ever

Noted

Down

Imploding Turtle welcome to the forum. Interesting first post. I don't recall anyone calling you a long ball team but it clearly irks you. But otherwise it was a

Brilliantly

Emotive

List of

Long passes

Ever

Noted

Down

Aitor Karanka called them a long ball team...

Brilliantly

Emotive

List of

Long passes

Ever

Noted

Down

So AK went fishing and got a bite. All part of the mind games :D maybe SD got under AK's skin with his comments earlier in the season. Part and parcel of today's game. It may have irked Turtle I doubt anyone else really cares

Brilliantly

Emotive

List of

Long passes

Ever

Noted

Down

So AK went fishing and got a bite. All part of the mind games :D maybe SD got under AK's skin with his comments earlier in the season. Part and parcel of today's game. It may have irked Turtle I doubt anyone else really cares

Was just pointing out that people do call them a long ball team.

hell check the thread for other teams live games when Burnley are on and you'll see plenty of people saying similar things (myself included).

Brilliantly

Emotive

List of

Long passes

Ever

Noted

Down

Was just pointing out that people do call them a long ball team.

hell check the thread for other teams live games when Burnley are on and you'll see plenty of people saying similar things (myself included).

I read somewhere that they are going to be the new Wimbledon.  :(

Long ball Burnley.

4KuVyax.png

Ah, a fellow statistics fan I see. Welcome. :)

Now I appreciate a fact filled, satirical post (with just a hint of rancor) as much as the next man, however I feel your sample size is too small my friend. Let's take a more representative look at the passing statistics over the whole season...

Screenshot_2016-04-20-21-13-17-1_zpsl9cok657.png

Screenshot_2016-04-20-21-13-09-1-1_zpsyhj1rr6b.png

Long ball Burnley.

4KuVyax.png

Ah, a fellow statistics fan I see. Welcome. :)

Now I appreciate a fact filled, satirical post (with just a hint of rancor) as much as the next man, however I feel your sample size is too small my friend. Let's take a more representative look at the passing statistics over the whole season...

Screenshot_2016-04-20-21-13-17-1_zpsl9cok657.png

Screenshot_2016-04-20-21-13-09-1-1_zpsyhj1rr6b.png

It appears the pupil just met the master.

Obviously, but the point was that it came from a set piece and that doesn't have much to do with us sitting back. It sounded like we defended well from open play but were undone by a set piece.

Don't corners quite often come as a result of sitting back?

Just sayin'