Boro vs Ipswich Town 0-0

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Nuge has this tremendous scoring record against Ipswich, just having him on the pitch will create nervousness in the Ipswich defence, for that reason alone he should play plus he deserves a run out, tremendous attitute, really impressed with him.

Tom's team looks spot on to me.

Are you watching?

Are you watching?

Are you watching, BWS!?

Tom every week you say that Rhodes and Nugent will start together. I guess even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day. It may happen but I doubt it.

Lets not underestimate this game, following the Burnley equaliser will there be any reaction? Players will be tired, need to hit the ground running and get first half goals.

Won't be easy game .

I want to see both Nugent and Rhodes start, not necessarily as a pairing, but Nugent wide right like he was at Bolton where he made an impact and set up Rhodes for the winner. Should Ramirez not be available then Downing centre and Adomah left, otherwise Ramirez centre and Adomah left.

Think this will be a comfortable 2-0 home win Ipswich have been ***e this season what has happened to them?

Fingers crossed Preston do us a favour tomorrow night which would make this game even more bigger and really get everyone buzzing in the build up.

Over all we can afford to lose one game out of the next 2 and still achieve promotion although losing any of them wouldn't instil any confidence and really make the last game as nerve racking as can be plus the bed wetter's would be screaming bloody murder.

Ipswich haven't been brilliant there last 6 games but they've been stubborn drawing most of them so its not going to be easy and I doubt that Mick McCarthy will be letting them think there on the beach when there goal this season was at least a play-off place.

That said being at home with a good crowd we should have more than enough to get over the line in this game, the players will know what this means and I'm pretty sure that they will go out in to this game given 100% even with out any encouragement from Karanka.

I think Nugent starting is probably a good call like already mentioned they will know his record and that will put them on a knife edge with him so it could benefit other players as well as he might draw a bit extra attention.

Either way any team he puts out on Saturday should be strong enough and good enough to win and keep us top of the league with Burnley and Brighton cowering in there boots that the games are running out thick and fast!

I'm hoping its not going to be Stuani on the right and Adomah on the left I feel we lose something in attack.

For a team with a quality squad we've left ourselves woefully short of natural left sided and wide right players, perhaps instead of our loan signing Kike Sola, the loan could have been better used in another position.

George has a hamstring problem and Gaston's got a problem with his calf. I doubt either will be risked for this weekend, at most bench. The last 2 games have pretty much a full week between both so they could both be back for Brum.

I don't particularly like the idea of De Laet at left-back but it can't be worse than when he played right-back against Bolton. Plus, everyone said he did a really good job there prior to George's last injury return. What was he like on Tuesday, those who were at Turf Moor?

dont think its been mentioned but yes ipswich have a tiny chance of the play offs if SW lose all 3 games and they(ipswich)win all thiers,

Well they will know if thats still on before our match as SW play at lunchtime . Might just affect thier mood.

George has a hamstring problem and Gaston's got a problem with his calf. I doubt either will be risked for this weekend, at most bench. The last 2 games have pretty much a full week between both so they could both be back for Brum.

I don't particularly like the idea of De Laet at left-back but it can't be worse than when he played right-back against Bolton. Plus, everyone said he did a really good job there prior to George's last injury return. What was he like on Tuesday, those who were at Turf Moor?

Why, De Laet has performed extremely well when played at LB. A more effective overlapping LB than Friend.  But I do agree he was crap at RB.

He was excellent on Tuesday night. I don't think he was awful against Bolton, more rusty than anything. Big fan of De Laet and personally speaking i don't think we'd lose anything if he replaced Friend.