Boro vs Ipswich Town 0-0

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

George has a hamstring problem and Gaston's got a problem with his calf. I doubt either will be risked for this weekend, at most bench. The last 2 games have pretty much a full week between both so they could both be back for Brum.

I don't particularly like the idea of De Laet at left-back but it can't be worse than when he played right-back against Bolton. Plus, everyone said he did a really good job there prior to George's last injury return. What was he like on Tuesday, those who were at Turf Moor?

He was excellent on Tuesday night. I don't think he was awful against Bolton, more rusty than anything. Big fan of De Laet and personally speaking i don't think we'd lose anything if he replaced Friend.

I thought our entire right-hand side was rubbish against Bolton. I get that he's not played much for us but found it a bit strange that he'd received so many plaudits at left-back but the two games he's played at right-back so far, he's apparently looked out of sorts.

I always have a fear of playing a right-footed left-back. Always feel you lose something in balance. George always pretty much hugs the touch-line but it seems fairly predictable perhaps that De Laet might come inside. I also always find it strange that you're much more likely to see a right-back play on the left than a left-back on the right, too.

I think the only game I've managed to see De Laet play LB was Fulham and he did a good job then. I don't particularly have concerns defensively, just more worried that all 4 of our wide players will be mostly right-footed.

Don't like Ramirez being out, but I'm quietly confident he'll be on the bench on Saturday. Downing's had a renaissance at Number 10. But it doesn't matter anyway, Nugent and Rhodes will both start on Saturday  :cool:

George has a hamstring problem and Gaston's got a problem with his calf. I doubt either will be risked for this weekend, at most bench. The last 2 games have pretty much a full week between both so they could both be back for Brum.

I don't particularly like the idea of De Laet at left-back but it can't be worse than when he played right-back against Bolton. Plus, everyone said he did a really good job there prior to George's last injury return. What was he like on Tuesday, those who were at Turf Moor?

He was excellent on Tuesday night. I don't think he was awful against Bolton, more rusty than anything. Big fan of De Laet and personally speaking i don't think we'd lose anything if he replaced Friend.

I thought our entire right-hand side was rubbish against Bolton. I get that he's not played much for us but found it a bit strange that he'd received so many plaudits at left-back but the two games he's played at right-back so far, he's apparently looked out of sorts.

I always have a fear of playing a right-footed left-back. Always feel you lose something in balance. George always pretty much hugs the touch-line but it seems fairly predictable perhaps that De Laet might come inside. I also always find it strange that you're much more likely to see a right-back play on the left than a left-back on the right, too.

I think the only game I've managed to see De Laet play LB was Fulham and he did a good job then. I don't particularly have concerns defensively, just more worried that all 4 of our wide players will be mostly right-footed.

Didn't do Curtis any harm ;)

Murphy and Varney out for Ipswich. Will be a grind I think even though mccarthy seems to have written off their play off chances. Roared on by a full house I think we will win comfortably at the end. Great OP

Simply put THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON..........so far!!!!

Anything but a win could cause problems.

Nice op Atokous!

Is this your mantra? Think you said the same before Preston away ;)

:)

Definitely a must win game this one. Hopefully one of our two rivals drop some points, but we've got to assume they won't.

Thought ipswich would get a play off place this year to be honest. I'm a fan of mick.

2-0 Boro, Leadbitter and Nugent to score.

Simply put THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON..........so far!!!!

Anything but a win could cause problems.

Nice op Atokous!

Is this your mantra? Think you said the same before Preston away ;)

:)

I think he's said it before every game of the last 2 seasons haha