oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Ipswich Town 0-0

I can't say I'm getting particularly stressed about other teams results but it seems pointless to pretend they aren't happening or relevant because they clearly are. We haven't dealt with pressure so well at times so other teams dropping points would be useful.

We may well **** this up as it happens or we might just be unlucky or we'll succeed.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Not looking forward to this at all.

These three games are probably the biggest games we've had in ten years since the UEFA cup run.

Knock out the UEFA stuff for little old Brighton Aarfy and we down here are feeling exactly the same as you. Biggest three games in 33 years for us.

What about Hereford in 97?

I remember listening to that on the way home from watching us play Aston Villa. Amazing game of football. They were 5th at the time and we needed to win to give us any hope of staying up. We won 3-2 after blowing a 2-0 lead. Ravanelli last minute penalty won it for us. Seem to remember Milosevic scoring for them lot.

The FA screwed us over that season. We would have finished 14th had they not deducted 3 points. Bunch of useless ***s.

What about Hereford in 97?

I remember listening to that on the way home from watching us play Aston Villa. Amazing game of football. They were 5th at the time and we needed to win to give us any hope of staying up. We won 3-2 after blowing a 2-0 lead. Ravanelli last minute penalty won it for us. Seem to remember Milosevic scoring for them lot.

The FA screwed us over that season. We would have finished 14th had they not deducted 3 points. Bunch of useless ***.

My bad sorry, I was talking about the top table, not the stuff that went on in between.

We just have to look at it like we are in the play offs, win our games and we're up - except we have easier opposition than we would in the play offs. I'll take a jammy deflected goal to win each game UTB!! I won a Boro shirt yesterday so I hope its a lucky omen.

We won't have a better chance than needing 2 wins at the Riverside.

2 home wins then we are promoted.

If that's not an incentive then I don't know what is.

COME ON BORO!! I'm nervous and sick and just want the 3 points.

We must win this to keep the pressure on, hopefully we are up for it and the crowd gets behind us. I hope Ramirez is fit and we play the same team as Burnley with De Laet coming in for George. I'm sure Rhodes will start as you can't really drop him after scoring in the last two games. We could see Nugent, Stuani, Forshaw play and I wouldn't be bothered we've got a great bench! Gonna go for a 2-0 win Rhodes, Ramirez. UTB.

These 3 games are not just three of the most important games of the season, but 3 of the most important games in the history of this football club, it makes our club financially secure for years without Gibbo having to continually bank roll us.

This is were we find out how much bottle our players have, they have to deal with the pressure and get the job done, it doesn't matter what Burnley and Brighton do, its what we do.

Yep it really is our best chance, and better than last year. At this point we're not relying on other teams, just need to win our 3 games, 3 cup finals. Hope the lads are excited and determined, instead of nervous and we should be fine.