oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Ipswich Town 0-0

our high intensity pressing game takes it out of the players, thats probably why we get worse as the season closes out. its not an excuse but is could well be a factor, it might work on the continent for the Spanish sides but they wont have 3 games a week for 2 month running at the back end of a long season.

• Like 1
  • Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Personally I thought we played well, some good football and created many chances. Whilst we missed Friends marauding runs I think DeLeat put in a good performance. It seemed that it was a matter of when with a goal but the sub of Stuani on 70 minutes instead of Nugent was just the wrong move. Nugent was the obvious move. Then to take Ramires off was another poor choice - he was MoM in my view and was really up for it.

The finishing was marginal, hitting posts, great saves by their keeper then the last one in injury time from Nugemt saved on the line. The positive is I think the players are up for it - they didn't freeze and played well in my view. I would say that's the best they have played at home in a while. You get games like that. It does baffle me though, with Downing, Adomah and Ramires behind a striker like either Rhodes or Nugent why we find scoring goals so hard - maybe we are saving them all up for Brighton.

Enjoy the ride lads and lasses - this is the drama of football. That home game v Brighton couldn't be bigger - probably the most important (and valuable) home game in our history. £120m or so rides on it - plus I really don't want to be in the Championship next year with Villa and one or both of Sunderlamd amd Newcastle.

Cmon Boro.

our high intensity pressing game takes it out of the players, thats probably why we get worse as the season closes out. its not an excuse but is could well be a factor, it might work on the continent for the Spanish sides but they wont have 3 games a week for 2 month running at the back end of a long season.

That's a very good point that is. +1

Personally I thought we played well, some good football and created many chances.  Whilst we missed Friends marauding runs I think DeLeat put in a good performance.  It seemed that it was a matter of when with a goal but the sub of Stuani on 70 minutes instead of Nugent was just the wrong move.  Nugent was the obvious move.  Then to take Ramires off was another poor choice - he was MoM in my view and was really up for it.

The finishing was marginal, hitting posts, great saves by their keeper then the last one in injury time from Nugemt saved on the line.  The positive is I think the players are up for it - they didn't freeze and played well in my view.  I would say that's the best they have played at home in a while.  You get games like that.  It does baffle me though, with Downing, Adomah and Ramires behind a striker like either Rhodes or Nugent why we find scoring goals so hard - maybe we are saving them all up for Brighton.

Enjoy the ride lads and lasses - this is the drama of football.  That home game v Brighton couldn't be bigger - probably the most important (and valuable) home game in our history.  £120m or so rides on it - plus I really don't want to be in the Championship next year with Villa and one or both of Sunderlamd amd Newcastle.

Cmon Boro.

I don't reckon we need to worry about Villa next season. Massive amount of sorting out to be done at their club I reckon. Could easily do a Wolves.

Sunderland and Newcastle would be a different matter though!!

Disappointing result yesterday we should have won it easily. I think Karanka did get his substitutes wrong as Downing and Ramirez despite not having great games still looked capable of creating and once they went off we lost that edge. Its a shame Ipswich didnt really come to play considering the fact they hadnt anything really to play for.

Anyway onwards and upwards. I think 4 points gets us promoted maybe even 3 as I cant see either us losing by more than 1 or Brighton winning by more than 1 in their next game. That would mean a win on the final day would see us up. However if we can manage a 2+ goal margin win vs Birmingham (easier said than done) Brighton will have to win at our place due to goal difference.

Are we actually confident of beating Brighton? I know no one is taking it as a formality, but it gets mentioned casually like "we only have to beat Brighton and we're up!"

I'm very nervous about it. If we need a win, are we going to score, or score enough? And if we only need a draw, are we just going to defend solidly for 90 minutes the way we try to do with 1-0 leads? And would we be good enough against Brighton to do that successfully?

Now I have the internet back (needed new router) I can honestly say I did not enjoy my 250 mile journey home afterwards, talk about frustrating.

We cannot rely on anyone else but ourselves and as others have mentioned dropping 4 points at this stage of the season is not what we need. Would have preferred a win and a loss as it gives more points.

Are we actually confident of beating Brighton? I know no one is taking it as a formality, but it gets mentioned casually like "we only have to beat Brighton and we're up!"

I'm very nervous about it. If we need a win, are we going to score, or score enough? And if we only need a draw, are we just going to defend solidly for 90 minutes the way we try to do with 1-0 leads? And would we be good enough against Brighton to do that successfully?

That is exactly what we will do if we only need a draw. It SEEMS to be the only way that we know how... or the way that has been drilled in to the players.

And no, I don't think that will be enough against Brighton. Hmmm.

Let's hope the players don't have this defeatist attitude that fans seems to have had since yesterday.

You are such a hypocrite :D

I was negative when we were doing **** not when we're unbeaten in 8 and on the brink of promotion. :P

I just watched the highlights on Boro+ we were very unfortunate to have not scored truth be know and on another given day we would have been comfortable winners.

We are playing very well and continue our very good sequence of results. If it comes down to the last game of the season we will be heavy favourites and I can only see us as delivering the goods. Of course it will be hearts in mouth stuff for us lot.

We aren't playing very well though, that's the thing. Yesterday we did play pretty well to be fair but before that we haven't been. We've just been sneaking over the line with the exception of Burnley. Even yesterday we really created only two or three good chances, the rest was mostly just crossing into the area and see what happens. There's no question that we should have won yesterday but we weren't unfortunate, we just weren't good enough in critical moments.