oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham (A) 2-2

I've had a chance to cool down now. Don't really care about tonight. We didn't play for most of the game and ak and the team must know that. We now have to play in front of a full house at home in game we will probably have to win. We won't get a bigger chance of promotion.

I have been very trigger happy after this display but gaining promotion after a win at home must be the biggest carrot to every one of these players in their entire career. Get the job done lads in front of your own fans.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

We can hope Derby take something so we just need a draw but it's in our own hands.

you're too optimistic.

Birmingham are playing for nothing therefore as Rowett says "owe it to the league to play well". Derby have plenty to play for - but not in this game. They are playing Hull. Why would they go for it and risk injury etc after all the players they have lost this season?

I don't think Derby will get anything but we can hope the reserves of Derby fight hard to try and impress the boss to get into his thinking for the playoffs. Darren Bent will probably start and he's dangerous at this level.

If Hull slip up at Bolton, will that give Derby the thought of trying to get something so they finish above them and get playoff second leg at home?

Have to hold on to every bit of hope we can get. I'm working until 4pm so will miss the game, which may not be a bad thing.

I must say I like your positivity... helps to cancel out my pessimism a little bit. I'm just so very upset about the disallowed goal - it could even still haunt us in GD if Burnley are held against QPR.

I think Derby will go all our for win, they'll be hoping too o'haul Hull so they'll have home vantage in the 2nd leg, it doesn't really matter what happens, all that matters is that we win our last game, simples

If you stop playing mate you deserve it.  We invited the pressure and they scored.

Not from. Where I was standing Brum deserved nothing from that game.

We won but didn't get the points.

That's not deserved

I made that comment straight after Birmingham equalised and they did deserve it because of what we were doing.  We then deserved to win because we had a goal wrongly ruled out.

In fairness Birmingham shouldn't have scored because we should have had a stonewall penna at the other end immediately before.

Going to the bar now. Will disagree with u later ;)

Feel free to disagree but it was a blatant push that was completely unnecessary.

We can hope Derby take something so we just need a draw but it's in our own hands.

you're too optimistic.

Birmingham are playing for nothing therefore as Rowett says "owe it to the league to play well". Derby have plenty to play for - but not in this game. They are playing Hull. Why would they go for it and risk injury etc after all the players they have lost this season?

So Derby go to Brighton and roll over, get a real good spanking? What do they do the following week at home to Ipswich? Do they rest players again, saving them for the play offs and risk another spanking at home. 

And what would be the result of these spankings in terms of confidence going into the play offs. Just some questions for you to ponder.

That's three disappointing results in a row now. Too many player found wanting again. Ak's substitutes prove baffling again. The guy hasn't even got got the sense to pull his hood up when it's raining or is he big and tough  :D

We know what we need to do v Brighton, let's not roll over this time.

Rhodes should have had 4 goals ffs. :(

Legzdins did well for the first 2 but he could have done better. He was unlucky with the last one to begin with but what a bloody cock-up between Adomah and Rhodes for that open goal.

Still don't agree with you about De Laet CT, but you're absolutely 100% spot on about that equaliser.

The point about de Laet is that he isn't going to do what Friend does so you can't set up in a way that relies on that.  You have to adapt and we clearly didn't.  So Downing doing what he was doing, which wouldn't have been much of a problem had we played Friend, wasn't going to work with de Laet out there.  So you have to stop doing it and do something else!

What I do find baffling is that our left back gets more grief off people (not you) for his attacking play than our left winger does despite him doing absolutely *** all again tonight and it actually being his bloody job!  Downing should have been basically on the touchline all night and de laet can be the one to move inside rather than the other way around, which would have suited them more.

Downing should be ashamedof his performances this season ...absolute free loading trouble causing waste of money

*** he was one of our best players tonight. De laet nsue Rhodes dimi all rubbish

I think Derby will go all our for win, they'll be hoping too o'haul Hull so they'll have home vantage in the 2nd leg, it doesn't really matter what happens, all that matters is that we win our last game, simples

Wishful thinking re: Derby - makes no sense. Watch Brighton score in the first 20 minutes.

you're too optimistic.

I don't think Derby will get anything but we can hope the reserves of Derby fight hard to try and impress the boss to get into his thinking for the playoffs. Darren Bent will probably start and he's dangerous at this level.

If Hull slip up at Bolton, will that give Derby the thought of trying to get something so they finish above them and get playoff second leg at home?

Have to hold on to every bit of hope we can get. I'm working until 4pm so will miss the game, which may not be a bad thing.

I must say I like your positivity... helps to cancel out my pessimism a little bit. I'm just so very upset about the disallowed goal - it could even still haunt us in GD if Burnley are held against QPR.

It's through gritted teeth. I try and remain positive even if inside i'm thinking "Not again" - Best to try and think positively :)

you're too optimistic.

So Derby go to Brighton and roll over, get a real good spanking? What do they do the following week at home to Ipswich? Do they rest players again, saving them for the play offs and risk another spanking at home. 

And what would be the result of these spankings in terms of confidence going into the play offs. Just some questions for you to ponder.

I think they'll play a stronger side v Ipswich, just to get the team in the groove again. I don't think two defeats will negatively affect them anyway as they'll know they weren't going all out in those games. They're preparing for the playoffs now and will probably think back to when they recently humped Hull 4-0.