oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham (A) 2-2

That linesman has history, only this year and he gets put into a huge game like that. Are we having coco the clown as referee for next weekend?

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/poor-refereeing-adds-wrexham-afcs-10682066

There also seems to be a bit of speculation as to where he is from, some reports state he's a Lancashire official from Padiham (3 miles from Burnley) but some say he's from Huddersfield.

I don't think it matters much.  There's no reason to think it was anything more than a genuine error albeit a bad one.  There's nowt we can do about it so it's pointless getting wound up by it.  All you can do is try and control what you can control and we didn't do that quite well enough last night even though we did indeed deserve to win the game.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Just got back from Brum now. Got a hangover that Oliver Reed and George Best would be proud of.

Still gutted don't know how we didn't win that game. Now have to sit through a 5yr olds birthday party.

Today is a dark day :(

Ha ha. Wasn't hiss greeting with u Brunners x

Just got back from Brum now. Got a hangover that Oliver Reed and George Best would be proud of.

Still gutted don't know how we didn't win that game. Now have to sit through a 5yr olds birthday party.

Hi Uwe  :D :cool:

Ha ha. Wasn't hiss greeting with u Brunners x

Hi Uwe  :D :cool:

Hello mate.

Without dragging up old stuff, in reply to your comment. "We deserved that". I know you posted it straight after the goal went in. I disagreed because up until that point I didn't see a single threat from Birmingham and it looked to me as it was totally against the run of play.

Hello mate.

Without dragging up old stuff, in reply to your comment. "We deserved that". I know you posted it straight after the goal went in. I disagreed because up until that point I didn't see a single threat from Birmingham and it looked to me as it was totally against the run of play.

Oh right you want to talk about football.  I was just laughing at your drunk? post to Brunners but ok :)

Birmingham were threatening as soon as we scored because we retreated as we usually do and stopped playing.  That's why I said we deserved that because I think we did.  There was no need for it but we did and routinely do it anyway. The irony is that our slow the game down/keep possession stuff would actually be perfect in that situation but we didn't even do that.  We went straight into survival mode, dropped back, stopped trying to attack properly when we got the ball and invited them on to us. I'm not even sure if it was a tactical thing last night, I think the magnitude of the game was the issue and as soon as we got ahead the players started to think only about preserving the lead. Adomah had that break just before their goal but even that actually came from their mistake rather than our own play if I remember correctly.  So anyway that's what I meant bud, we invited them on to us and they took advantage.

That linesman has history, only this year and he gets put into a huge game like that. Are we having coco the clown as referee for next weekend?

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/match-reports/poor-refereeing-adds-wrexham-afcs-10682066

There also seems to be a bit of speculation as to where he is from, some reports state he's a Lancashire official from Padiham (3 miles from Burnley) but some say he's from Huddersfield.

I don't think it matters much.  There's no reason to think it was anything more than a genuine error albeit a bad one.  There's nowt we can do about it so it's pointless getting wound up by it.  All you can do is try and control what you can control and we didn't do that quite well enough last night even though we did indeed deserve to win the game.

Yeh I know, it's still bloody annoying regardless of how much I wish I didn't care about it.

In my opinion we are still in the driving seat, nobody is better against the top six than us, especially at home. I'm confident of beating them, not because we beat them in December but because of our home record and our record in big games under Karanka.

I can't wait but my stomach is already doing bloody backflips just thinking about it.

Yeh I know, it's still bloody annoying regardless of how much I wish I didn't care about it.

In my opinion we are still in the driving seat, nobody is better against the top six than us, especially at home. I'm confident of beating them, not because we beat them in December but because of our home record and our record in big games under Karanka.

I can't wait but my stomach is already doing bloody backflips just thinking about it.

Just got to win next week mate.  Easier said than done like but that's what it comes down to now.  A shoot out in front of our own fans. Most times you'd take that ahead of time but because we've dropped points in the last few games it doesn't necessarily lead to huge a amount of confidence!  I'm just hoping Brighton drop points so we can go into the final day needing only a draw.

Hello mate.

Oh right you want to talk about football.  I was just laughing at your drunk? post to Brunners but ok :)

Doh!!!

Just re-read my posts.

So not only did I manage to quote the wrong post I then continued to mash my phone with chubby fingers misspelling along the way.

That's why I tend to stay away when I'm drinking :s

Doh!!!

Just re-read my posts.

So not only did I manage to quote the wrong post I then continued to mash my phone with chubby fingers misspelling along the way.

That's why I tend to stay away when I'm drinking :s

:)

I thought it was nice that you put a kiss on the end of it though  :heart:

Strange. At any other time of the season from August to April the rallying call would have been for a game such as this, against Brighton, would have been "I'd take a draw from this one" Will we hear the perennial rallying cry if Derby beat Brighton.. I hope we don't need just to draw, because our defence is not as resolute as it should be, and any cautious approach will be punished. We will need to score goals to progress.

I would rather need to draw than need to win. Brighton have only lost twice away from home but they've drawn more than they've won. So all things being equal I'd prefer Brighton to drop some points on Monday.

New to the forum and I met a few good guys at the Cricketers last night.

Devastated at the result but found hope in the fans' attitudes, no pressure just support. Much better teamwork including 12th man than the dark Feb/March days of Bristol city, MK Dons and Charlton.

I believe, but am bricking it for Saturaay!