oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham (A) 2-2

Read through the match report last night and while we realise no team has any divine right to win any game and anything can occur in this league, all things being equal you should be home and dry by now or celebrating a return to the premier league.

What I mean is, Middlesbrough have dropped four points in two games that I really believed you would have won comfortably. Put it down to nerves or what you will but that's a missed opportunity for the club and you're looking at other results now as well as your own to assist you over the finishing line.

Said before wish you well in your return and hope you can do it and won't change the opinion but don't take offence in saying you've made hard work for yourselves in the last two games when ideally you could be all but assured of a premier league place at time of writing.

(Believe there's another thread here about the site being slow to respond and got the same, it's taken 20 minutes just for this post alone, but as before, hope other games go your way this weekend.)

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

I guess oneBoro must be one of the most multi-cultural fans forums going, what a mixture of fans from other teams who are becoming regulars of this humble forum.

We must be very welcoming!

Brighton are more than capable of getting a point at the Riverside. I actually prefer the scenario of us needing to win, because that will free us up more to actually go for it.

Playing for a draw at home will bite us in the ***.

I'm with you Aarfy , if we only need a draw we would sit back and try to keep it tight and end up with a sucker punch in the last 5 mins, if we need a win then we'll have to be at it from the off, just hope that if we do go 1 up we don't then invite pressure, we've got to play to the high tempo like we did against Derby, still feel confident

I actually prefer the scenario of us needing to win, because that will free us up more to actually go for it.

But we won't it'll be the same old same old.

Take the lead and defend like crazy. Invite pressure, have no out ball and say we were unlucky they equalised in the 94th minute.

We've seen it over and over again. At least if we need a draw we have a cushion.

We'll also know that Brighton will have to come at us which could help us play on the counter.

We've seen that great teams like Charlton and Bristol can shut us out so I wouldn't want us to have to score.

Paul Robinson (Birmingham defender) on the Championship highlights says he thinks Burnley and Brighton are better sides and will be promoted.

Paul can get lost.

I'm more concerned that some Boro fans think it's over and that we've bottled it. The last thing we need with a packed Riverside is fans who've given up before a ball has been kicked.

Spirit of Steaua. Fans chanting 'we only want 4 more'. That's the kind of atmosphere we need. Never say die until it's over.

We know now it will come down to the last game. Regardless of what happens on Monday, if Brighton beat us they'll be up. We can and I think will do something about that but we need to give it our all from the stands no matter what.

Well it's obviously not over but I'd be more concerned with the players rather than Boro fans as like it or not we will have very little say in this. Either we'll show up next week or we won't. The fans will have nowt to do with it really, it's all on the players and staff.

I'm more concerned that some Boro fans think it's over and that we've bottled it. The last thing we need with a packed Riverside is fans who've given up before a ball has been kicked.

Spirit of Steaua. Fans chanting 'we only want 4 more'. That's the kind of atmosphere we need. Never say die until it's over.

We know now it will come down to the last game. Regardless of what happens on Monday, if Brighton beat us they'll be up. We can and I think will do something about that but we need to give it our all from the stands no matter what.

This.

Reading some of the comments on hear you would think we are dead and buried.

It does not matter what has happend. This is one game at the end of the season, winner takes all. Lets just all get behind the team all week. We have been beat off 1 team in the top 6 this season. And have beat them all at home who we have already played.

Come on Boro