oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham (A) 2-2

You know ,strangely enough disagreeing with you isn't just an attempt to wind people up.....some people actually have a different opinion.   And you know what..on occasion they are right and your not

And your opinion isn't based on anything that happened tonight so you'll have to let us all know what it is based upon?

CF has put Downing's stats up - they don't match your 'Downing put loads good of crosses in' comment so you are wrong and that's not an opinion, it's a fact.  Sorry but that's how it is.

Ok mr condescending As it happens my opinion was based on tonight because I actually watched tonight but yet again if you don't agree the the other person is wrong

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

You know ,strangely enough disagreeing with you isn't just an attempt to wind people up.....some people actually have a different opinion.   And you know what..on occasion they are right and your not

And your opinion isn't based on anything that happened tonight so you'll have to let us all know what it is based upon?

CF has put Downing's stats up - they don't match your 'Downing put loads good of crosses in' comment so you are wrong and that's not an opinion, it's a fact.  Sorry but that's how it is.

Ok mr condescending     As it happens my opinion was based on tonight because I actually watched tonight but yet again if you don't agree the the other person is wrong

Dude CF put stats up that categorically prove you wrong.

Just accept it and stop making a fool of yourself.

Ok mr condescending As it happens my opinion was based on tonight because I actually watched tonight but yet again if you don't agree the the other person is wrong

Would you class 3 crosses and one successful one 'loads'?

I haven't seen your statistics where are they

My fear is that our play is to predictable, apart fro Adomah, who can take on and beat one or even three men, we are virtually bereft of inventive play. Nsue will always pass to Adomah, if he is available, if not he will lose possession. Downing does not like playing on the wing, he tends to play as an inside left. Consequently De Laet has no outlet forward. Rhodes is to easily jostled off the ball by big central defenders, so unless he gets a clear opportunity in front of goal he will not score. We will need Gaston to be at his very best on Saturday to provide the opportunities for the misfiring Rhodes. Chris Hughton is an experienced professional and he will already have identified the way to frustrate Boro and prevent us from scoring. I expect the mercurial AK to field an unexpected starter in our line up for Saturday to freshen up a stale team.

'AK : "Last season the final was at Wembley, this season it's at home."

Key point. I know where I'd rather play that game.'

Great point raised on Facebook.

On the other hand, last season our opponents didn't need only a draw which is very possible.

Both teams went to Wembley going to win. Neither went to Wembley going for a draw. Brighton will not come to the Riverside looking for a draw, regardless of the result on Monday.

I hope you're right. At the very least it might change their attitude (god forbid) should they take a lead.

I would say another positive difference to last year is no injured Bamford up top.

Stewart Downings statistics for tonights match........

Total crosses = 3

Total accurate crosses = 1

Shots = 1

Key passes = 0

Tackles = 0

Interceptions = 0

Dribbles = 0

Fouled = 0

Aerial duals won = 0

Total touches = 42 (second lowest in the team behind our stirker Rhodes)

Source.....

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959017...dlesbrough

Which incidentally give him the lowest rating of all the starting 22 players

We have it in our hands! Get behind the boys! RED ARMY

Yes sir. Our home record is phenomenal. Already beaten Burnley, hull, derby and Wednesday. We are good at home. Make no mistake about that.

Yes sir. Our home record is phenomenal. Already beaten Burnley, hull, derby and Wednesday. We are good at home. Make no mistake about that.

I thought you had resigned yourself to the play offs? :P

Honestly don't know how I'm going to sleep for the next 7 nights.

Not from. Where I was standing Brum deserved nothing from that game.

We won but didn't get the points.

That's not deserved

I made that comment straight after Birmingham equalised and they did deserve it because of what we were doing.  We then deserved to win because we had a goal wrongly ruled out.

In fairness Birmingham shouldn't have scored because we should have had a stonewall penna at the other end immediately before.

Going to the bar now. Will disagree with u later ;)

Feel free to disagree but it was a blatant push that was completely unnecessary.

Ha ha. Wasn't hiss greeting with u Brunners x

Stewart Downings statistics for tonights match........

Total crosses = 3

Total accurate crosses = 1

Shots = 1

Key passes = 0

Tackles = 0

Interceptions = 0

Dribbles = 0

Fouled = 0

Aerial duals won = 0

Total touches = 42 (second lowest in the team behind our stirker Rhodes)

Source.....

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959017...dlesbrough

Which incidentally give him the lowest rating of all the starting 22 players

I still think he popped up in midfield and on the wing. And Hartley gave the ball away. And second half he closed the defence down well aswell

I thought you had resigned yourself to the play offs? :P

Honestly don't know how I'm going to sleep for the next 7 nights.

I had and in the back of my (pessimistic) mind I still have. But when I'm calm I still know that we are so good at home and the top teams are our speciality.

Ok mr condescending     As it happens my opinion was based on tonight because I actually watched tonight but yet again if you don't agree the the other person is wrong

I'm mr condescending?  What was it you said, 'I won't argue cos I know I'm right' and 'if you disagree that's fair enough...you're wrong :)'?  Yeah nice one  :rolleyes:

You can't have been watching that closely for you to come on here and claim that Downing was one of our best players because he'd put loads of good crosses in.  I could barely remember one he'd put in at all other than one free kick from our right hand side in the second half.  The stats seem to agree with that as he put in a grand total of 3 crosses in all night.

It has nowt to do with agreeing or disagreeing with me not that you need much invitation to do the latter like.  You're just plain wrong.