oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham (A) 2-2

I didn't want a draw last night, but now I've slept on it, it's not the worst thing to have happened (just that awful decision by the *** of a linesman). As others have said, we'd have gone for the win on the last day regardless, so all it means is we've lost our safety net. It's definately do-able, and on our day we know we're capable of dispatching Brighton. Home advantage is MASSIVE. I really really wanted us both to go up, it's just a shame that, barring an unlikely disaster for Burnley, only one of Boro or Brighton will.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Got back in at 1am from the game terrific atmosphere last night, ive got to say for me downing and adomah do not cross the ball first time enough they try to always play it into the box and often get caught which leads to us being vulnerable as they counter attack. The second point id like to make is the assistant was blind as a bat everyone in the boro end could see that was onside but im not going to pin the whole blame of us only drawing on him. The third point id like to make is we cant afford to sit back even if we go into the lead against brighton its not going to work at this point in the season we are too nervous attack try and get another goal without over committing is the answer i think. Remember its not all doom that draw and gloom win against brighton and we are up. UTB

I think Dimi should be cut a little bit of slack for last night. Some of the strikes were belters and were moving all over the place. He does have a tendency to put it back in danger areas but last night I think he did ok. Even if he was terrible mind, he doesn't deserve abuse. I honestly wouldn't bother with social media if I was famous.

• Like 1

It is really that simple. I'd like to completely avoid the games on Monday right now and skip to next Saturday.

We know right now we have to win and should prepare as such. Whether Brighton win, draw or lose, the onus is on us to win at the Riverside. Last night showed us that when we've got the most positive result in our hands, we're happy enough to sit back and take pressure. I can't handle that for 90 minutes next Saturday.

I've just had the horrible realisation that I'm working next weekend.. Which usually wouldn't be a bad thing as I can watch sky in work.. But as Cardiff are at home I will be at that match with the gentleman I support. It's going to be a awful.

I think Dimi should be cut a little bit of slack for last night. Some of the strikes were belters and were moving all over the place. He does have a tendency to put it back in danger areas but last night I think he did ok. Even if he was terrible mind, he doesn't deserve abuse. I honestly wouldn't bother with social media if I was famous.

well said. +1

Well as we run out of options we have one game left to play.

It's at home. In front of a sell out crowd.

IF that isn't motivation for us then I don't know what else will be. No more excuses, no more ifs and no more buts.

We have the heartbreak of the play offs last season, if that doesn't spur the players on then quite frankly we don't deserve to go up.

I pray that we do. UTB.

Never slept last night, first time ever. Just the match and matches to come going round and round...surely a different boro will be on show next sunday...an attacking lush team doing the job

I think it's next Saturday - just saying, so you don't completely miss it all !!

Well as we run out of options we have one game left to play.

It's at home. In front of a sell out crowd.

IF that isn't motivation for us then I don't know what else will be. No more excuses, no more ifs and no more buts.

We have the heartbreak of the play offs last season, if that doesn't spur the players on then quite frankly we don't deserve to go up.

I pray that we do. UTB.

That sums it up perfectly, no excuses.

The fact is that IF that goal had stood last night, and we'd won - 3 points.

IF Derby nicked a win at Brighton, then that would have meant that any result including a 1 goal defeat to Brighton, and we'd still have gone up. MUCH more margin for error (which quite frankly I think we need).

Having that goal chalked off DOES change things, despite what people are saying.

The fact is that IF that goal had stood last night, and we'd won - 3 points.

IF Derby nicked a win at Brighton, then that would have meant that any result including a 1 goal defeat to Brighton, and we'd still have gone up. MUCH more margin for error (which quite frankly I think we need).

Having that goal chalked off DOES change things, despite what people are saying.

Of course it changes a lot IF derby manages to win. However, I very much doubt that Brighton are going to lose at home at this stage.

Downing was involved all game kept the ball. Put loads of good crosses in. Nsue did virtually nothing apart from pass the buck to adohma   Rhodes did little missed a few chances.  If you disagree fair enough......your wrong :)

Ok so this is the awkward bit. The bit where I present Stewart Downings statistics for tonights match........

Total crosses = 3

Total accurate crosses = 1

Shots = 1

Key passes = 0

Tackles =  0

Interceptions = 0

Dribbles = 0

Fouled = 0

Aerial duals won = 0

Total touches = 42 (second lowest in the team behind our stirker Rhodes)

Source.....

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959017/LiveStatistics/England-Championship-2015-2016-Birmingham-Middlesbrough

Which incidentally give him the lowest rating of all the starting 22 players

Wow that is bad.